Talent Text / Unsubscribe from sms service

1 South Africa Review updated:

I am trying to unsubscribe / stop the sms message service and there is no luck in doing so. This is costing me a fortune and sending a message with the words "stop" or "unsubscribe" does not help.

The website for south africa seems not to work either - so it tells me it is a scam

Other people are complaining about the same situation.

Pe

More Talent Text Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      1st of Mar, 2010

I am having a similar problem I have tried several times to unsubscribe but they are still taking my money.

• Nd
      10th of Mar, 2010
    talenttex - unsubscribe
    tatenttex
    South Africa
    talenttex.com

they been sending msg costing R10 even after i have unsubscribed more than 10 times.

• Vu
      5th of May, 2010

plz plz plz can i just unsubscribe from this i cant take it anymore
    vusi majola
    vp.majola@live.co.za
    073 551 6650

• Co
      15th of Aug, 2010

I am having the same problem I have tried several times to unsubscribe but they are still taking my money. i have tried emailing them...no reply, can vodacom remove them? please can someone out there help us form this scam, its costing me 140 rand a month

• Co
      15th of Aug, 2010

I subscribed to talent text, i no longer need this service, its a scam anyway, they never return any emails. I get at least 3 sms's a day it costs 10 rand an sms, the problem is I have tried several times to unsubscribe but they are still taking my money. their website never works and they have no contact details. Vodacom cant unsubscribe them. what can i do please help. I cant change my number. There must be a way!!!1

• Di
      15th of Aug, 2010

i also need to unsubscribe and i don't know how to? HELP!!

• As
      28th of Sep, 2010

I also tried to unsubscribe with talenttext south africa to no avail .This agency is from hell, please vodacom help us we were just trying to get a job we didnt know that they are internet robbers.

From Lindiwe

• El
      14th of Nov, 2010

PLEASE PLEASE stop this !! i dont have the money for it !! STOP IT NOW !! The people on the complaits board will agree that we WILLLLL take you to court and sue the $#It out of you !! STOP IT NOW!!!

• Ke
      29th of Nov, 2010

I've also been caught out. Does anyone know how I can get rid
    Steve

• Sn
      4th of Feb, 2011

To unsubscribe from talent text, call 011 218 5600, it is the number for opera telecom who is the billing company used by talent text.

• Pe
      10th of Feb, 2011

i am trying to unsubscribe please help so far thay deducted R4610.00 from my account.That is my damn rent moneyHELP lets stop these people.REGARDS PEARL

• Lu
      15th of Apr, 2011

its simple guys just sms stop to 43144, l was also subscribed with them, and l stopped the moment they sent me a message about a blind man, l sent an email which they did not reply to, then l knew something was wrong.

• Pr
      26th of May, 2011

Its easy ladies and gentlemen, just phone your network operator and ask them to unsubscribe you from the billing service by opera telecom and they will send any e-mail to the billing company. after a day or so you will receive the confirmation that you have been unsubscribed successfully. an alternative is to sms 'STOP' to 31970. I hope this will be of assistance.

• Ta
      31st of Dec, 2011

For everyone who's complaning about TalentText, to the best of my knowledge, the company's head office, which is based in the UK, was forced to shut in early 2010, due to non-compliance with changes to telecom legislation at the time. I suspect, though, that the owner of the company has not turned off the billing system since then, and subscribers have continued to be billed (in south africa, the uk, australia, china, and india). Despite what some people will try to tell you, sending emails or sms's with shortcode will NOT unsubscribe you, since the company is currently inactive, and all that remains is self-propagating software linked to their subscription services. In fact, if you read their 'alerts' carefully, you'll find that it's the same alerts repeated over a 3-4 month cycle, but with dates and times changed.
    Your best bet would be to block the billing through either your phone service, or your credit card company. For those who are very annoyed, I would suggest legal action.

• Ve
      5th of Dec, 2012

I'm throwing away my sim card can't be chowed all my money every time I recharge I'm not a billionaire and my worry is why didn't the sms stop after I unsubscribed this is fraud.

• Ve
      5th of Dec, 2012

"also tried to unsubscribe with talent-text south Africa to no avail .This agency is from hell, please MTN help us we were just trying to get a job we didn't know that they are internet robbers" Lindiwe I had to quote and edit because I strongly agree with you I couldn't have put any better now I'm even thinking of throwing away my simcard/ starter pack.

• Ph
      26th of Feb, 2013

I have been trying to Stop them from billing me, i have even sent through an email, the a guy by the name of Aaron replied back and said i should sms STOP to a short code that i receive the sms from. but i told him there isnt any short code and he never responded. Thsi service has been chowing my money since 2009.

• K1
      4th of Mar, 2013

Luckily I didn't subscribe when I saw it was a daily charge. That's a bit much. Just wanted to know if anyone actually got any auditions from TalenText besides them stealing tens of thousands from people?

• Lo
      4th of Mar, 2013

for the ppl who are still being charged for text from talent text 88080, email cs@mxtelecom.com who will unsubscribe you.

• Ca
      5th of Sep, 2013

When I read all the comments, I think to change phone no will be best option!! Let me tell the clever ones here...
    I did not subscribe. I got a sms notification[little envelope], when I open msg, it start to send msg back!!! You get a pre-fix msg and by opening envelope to see who send u a msg...its already to late. MSG SEND!!! So yes, if these ppl{talenttext], gave me an option...like to read T&C[which there was none of}, I still would not have subscribe. Only when YOU get msg back..." thank you for subscribing", do you see they charge R10 a msg THEY send you!!!}
    Has anyone use these telephone numbers above and was successful?????
    Please let us know. Thank You