Takhar Collection Agency / Harrassing Phone Calls for non existant debt

1 MA, United States Review updated:

TAKHAR COLLECTION SERVICES HAS BEEN CALLING MY 65 YEAR OLD MOTHER EVERY SINGLE DAY, INCLUDING WEEKENDS, FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS . THE REPS FROM TAKHAR TELL HER SHE OWES A DEBT TO COLUMBIA HOUSE RECORDS FOR AN INTERNET ORDER SHED PLACED IN 2007. MY MOM DOES NOT HAVE A C OMPUTER, NOR DOES SHE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO GET ON THE INTERNET, NEVER MIND PLAC E AN ORDER ON LINE. SHE HAS CALLED TAKHAR AND SPOKEN WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT REPS (WHO OF COURSE ARE OVERSEAS) AND REPEATEDLY STATED TO THEM THAT SHE HAS NEVER ORDERED, NOR RECEIVED ANY PRODUCTS FROM COLUMBIA HOUSE.
TODAY, AFTER YET ANOTHER THREATENING PHONE CALL, I CONTACTED TAKHAR ON BEHALF OF MY MOTHER. I TOLD THEM AGAIN THAT SHE DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTER, DID NOT PLACE AN ORDER, OR RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM COLUMBIA HOUSE. I ALSO TOLD THEM SHE WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER ON LINE EVEN IF SHE HAD A COMPUTER. I ALSO SAID THAT ALTHOUGH MY MOM HAD REQUESTED PROOF FROM TAKHAR ABOUT THIS SUPPOSED DEBT & SHE HAS NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING. I WAS TOLD BY A SUPERVISOR AT TAKHAR THAT SHE HAD TO SEND THEM A FAX STATING THIS IS NOT HER DEBT - I TOLOD THEM WE DO NOT HAVE A FAX MACHINE & AFTER I BLASTED THEM 7 CALLED SEVERAL TIMES THEY FINALLY GAVE ME AN ADDRESS IN NIAGARA FALLS NEW YORK. SHE HAS TO SEND A LETTER THAT THEY MUST RECEIVE WITHIN 4 DAYS OR THEY WILL CONTINUE CALLING.
I GOT THE TOLL FREE NUMBER TO COLUMBIA HOUSE TO SEE IF WE COULD CLEAR UP THE ERROR THROUGH THEM, BUT OF COUSE THIS IS A SATURDAY & THEY ARE ONLY OPEN MON-FRI. I AM COMPLETELY DISGUSTED WITH THE PEOPLE AT THIS AGENCY - WE NEED TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS STOP. PLEASE ADVISE ME VIA E-MAIL IF THERE IS ANY ADDITIONAL RECOURSE WE MAY TAKE ON MY MOMS BEHALF. THANK YOU! MVIGLAS@VERIZON.NET

More Takhar Collection Agency Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Rd
      18th of Oct, 2009

I have had a similar problem with Takhar. They claim I have an unpaid bill with Quality Paperback Books from two years ago for $19.00!! They were rude and misrepresented themselves. I have sent them two certified letters asking them to stop calling and to communicate by mail only. They have obviously figured out a was to circumvent the certified mail system since I neither get receipts nor my letters back, but the phone calls keep coming. I am preparing to sue them as soon as I can figure out a way to contact them. Any ideas out there?

• Pw
      17th of Mar, 2011

I received one of their robo calls. How rude!! They are nasty. This is their verbage "You are required to call ----------immediately (they don't even give a name who is to call them). "If you do not call this number immediately you must then contact takhard.com now. This is a requirement and you must comply!!" I couldn't believe it. I have to bills, don't own anyone anything and none of my monthly utilities etc... are behind. I plan to record all their calls and forward all the information to my representatives. This message probably scares the hell out some people. This is the most god-awful message I have ever received from anyone. A very powerful male voice, almost hollering into the phone. Nasty, nasty, nasty. If any of your parents, grandparents or any sesitive persons you know receive a call from these bimbos, make sure to let them know that this is not legal or proper in any way. Even if they owe money, I highly doubt that this is the outfit that would be calling them. I am sure it is a scam.

• Wi
      8th of Jun, 2012

All debt collection agencies use these general tactics and they are all underhanded and most of the debts they claim people have ate either bogus or too old and unenforceable. Just do not communicate with them at all. Instead get a current copy of your credit report and if you see something there call or write to the creditor listed. I had something like this with some stupid book club and when I contacted the credit reporting company to verify the item. What I got was the item deleted from my report. These companies buy old debts for pennies on the dollar and then bank on scare tactics to get anyone...doesn't matter if you arr the real debtor or not...anyone who will pay them anything because anything is pure profit for them. DO NOT talk to these people...they are trained at getting you upset enough to give them enough info yo be able to either open back up an uncollectible debt or begin collections on a bogus one. Eventually and it may be years they sell their stuff yo someone else.