Takealotbad driving

Last Thursday I was travelling on the N3 South in the far left hand lane before the Linksfield Road exit, where a Takealot vehicle suddenly appeared right at my rear with literally 1 metre space between the Takealot vehicle and my own. The driver then proceeded to try and pass on the inside (yellow emergency lane) which is highly illegal and very dangerous. He then continued to drive right up against my vehicle until I found space to move into the next lane to my right. He then drove at a high speed past me where I pressed my vehicle's horn to indicate and express my anger over his poor form of driving, where he then put up his hand and gave a "waved me off" gesture.

Having been a longtime Kalahari.net and Takealot customer, I am very dissappointed with the aggressive and dangerous manner with which an employee of your company represents your brand.

This kind of behaviour must be met with disciplinary action!

Takealot
Takealot

Mi
Feb 26, 2018

Comments

• Ta
      Feb 26, 2018

Sorry to hear that!

But honestly, did you really use you phone (which is illegal BTW) to take pictures of our driver? It is a such a shame, that careless people like you block traffic, preventing our diligent staff not being able to deliver parcels on time. I am sure you will think differently about our sense of urgency vs your "Driving Miss Daisy"-attitude.

We will not discipline our driver as he probably avoided an accident due to your careless driving and being on the phone like you have just shown.

Kind regards, Kim Reid (CEO Takealot)

Mar 25, 2018
    Best Best Advice

Wow, what a pathetic and disrespectful response from the CEO of Takealot. Nice one Kim.

• Su
      Aug 31, 2018

Good Day,

One of your drivers reversed into my car at our offices today 10:45 when we came to collect a package.

I’ve phoned the Bloemfontein branch and spoke to Wilna and she informed me that you can’t accept responsibility for the driver and the driver does not have insurance.

Can somebody please assist with this matter as my car needs to be fixed and the driver Angus September (IDnr: [protected]) does not have insurance and he was doing work for you and worn your company’s t-shirt and name badge.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

• Ly
      Nov 30, 2018

Well ... this just goes to show how TAKEALOT picks their battles. I went through some of the other complaints and not response from Kim Reid. Seems like when they are in the wrong, they keep quiet. Its okay, make enough people angry TAKEALOT and you can be sure you will eventually go the same route as Groupon. I will be totally gobsmacked if Kim bothers to respond to my complaint. Guys do yourselves a favour, TAKEALOT is NOT cheaper than other places. Shop around. Also on their products advertised they say "supplied by". Those suppliers have a website with prices much much cheaper than TAKEALOT (even with delivery). TAKEALOT "loads" the prices and then gives you an abatory discount lulling you into the false pretence of "getting a bargain". TAKEALOT has to make a profit and the only way they can do this is by loading the prices. I have put stuff in my wish list and then compared MAKRO, GAME, OUTDOOR WAREHOUSE to name a few and they have been cheaper 99% of the time (even with example R75 delivery from MAKRO