Tail Pipes smog shops / uneducated

Tail Pipes
I had a 50 state legal edelbrock turbo kit installed in my 98 honda civic by a professional aftermarket shop. I picked this particular brand because of california's strict smog laws. Every other year i have to smog my car, this will be the first time. I took it to a TAIL PIPES smog shop. As i approached the technician he saw my intercooler in my bottom grill and asked me if i have a turbo installed? I said yes, i told him that it is a 50 state legal kit and has a C.A.R.B number for smog purposes. The technician said that it will not pass cause of the intercooler and it was not part of the orignal kit, which it was. I told him it was guarented to pass and what you see is part of the whole kit. With arrogance the tech said " I'VE BEEN IN THE RACE SCENE FOR 15 YEARS I KNOW WHAT LEGAL AND WHATS NOT, MY FRIEND OWNS MOTORSPORTS DYNAMICS" whats funny is that its the same place i had my kit installed. So i said ok, fine i took my car to another smog shop and passed with flying colors no problems what so ever no hassel. I asked the other smog why the TAIL PIPES SMOG shop said what he said. The second smog shop said they are just franchise with little experince. Dont waste your time at a TAIL PIPES SMOG SHOP. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.