Tafiti Consulting / EBAY scammer

UT, United States Review updated:
4.8

I was approached by this company after my wife signed up online with another scam operator (Angela Stevens) to invest in a course designed to set me up as an EBAY Seller where I could make thousands of dollars a month. The initial phone call was from a guy who called himself Sean [protected] ext. 4321). He interviewed me asking questions about my goals and dreams, then got into what I would be willing to invest if someone could instruct me on how to make money on the internet using EBAY. He asked for basic credit information like what cards I had and what the limits were and how much I owed on them. Eventually, he said I would be referred to his manager who would call me back.

They called back about an hour later and used a very high pressure sales tactic to get me to "invest" what little credit I had left on one of my cards. Stupidly, I succumbed to the pressure and gave him the number to charge to and signed up for the course. I was promised an eight week course on how to set up an online business using EBAY to generate a sizable income. They promised weekly telephone calls to 'check up on me" and tutor me through the course, as well as access to their website where I would find training videos and software downloads. I did receive one email that evening welcoming me into the course and giving me log-in passwords to their site.

The training videos were poorly done and contained information readily available for free elsewhere on the internet. Several days later I did get one phone call from someone named Matt who welcomed me to the "green team" and advised me that before I could begin I would have to set up a legal business in my province - complete with tax number and registration. He also advised me on how to increase my buyer rating on EBAY by purchasing a few $1.00 items on EBAY that he showed me. Interestingly, these items I purchased were pulled off of EBAY for seller irregularities just after I purchased them. (Warning #1)

I never got a call back from Matt the following week as agreed. I emailed Tafiti Consulting complying about the lack of support and got a response from "Rebecca". She said she was not a specialist in EBAY training and suggested I just start selling stuff I had around the house and from my friends on EBAY to get me started. She said that Matt was ill and would call me at a pre-arranged time. Matt never called back.

I called my credit card company and advised them of the problem and they promptly returned the almost $5, 000 that was billed to me. I never heard back from Tafiti Consulting and hopefully never will. BEWARE OF THIS SCAM. In my research on the net, they are involved with a sister company called DOBA - an EBAY drop shipper. Beware of these companies.
Dw

Comments

Wa
  22nd of Aug, 2008
I just got a call from them trying to get me to do the same thing. I told them I will research on the company before I made a decision. Lucky I found this useful article. Thanks for the times to inform other people.
Ph
  29th of Aug, 2008
Angela Stevens took my money and ran. After numerous emails I still could not get my money back. Her guarantee sounded goo but should have been written on toilet paper.

Another company that has taken my money and run is Tafiti Consulting. They call with their high pressure tactics and offer all this wonderful internet training, setting you up with your own website, etc. Then after they have your money, they proceed to letting you in to see the famous training videos. They offer no help when it comes to trying to find a good product to start selling on your website. I looked through their wholesale warehouse looking for things which I could promote over the Internet and stopped in my track! The things they had "for wholesale" were totally crappy, worthless items. IF I had tried to sell some of those objects, then I would find myself in one of these Internet Scam related site.

I have tried and tried to get a refund with no success. Even my credit card company will not do a charge back because I signed a contract with them! Yes they have you sign a contract to further bind you to them. That is the way the get out of refunding peoples money back. I lost $4890.00 to this company PLUS 39.95 a month for a website hosting that I? never set up!! What a waste! Then to top all of that, another lady called me from Tafiti Consulting trying to get me to set up a LLC for $2000. Told me I would be stupid Not to do it. She also went on to say that they would set it up in Nevada so that my tax breaks would be better. Then proceeded further telling me if I did that then I would have to rent an office from them for $600 a year and they would have a telephone in my office for more money. She went on and on about how bad I needed this. She said if /I did not do all of this that my business would not look legit. When is the government going to intervene with these scammers? A bogus office, a bogus phone all in Nevada. Boy if the IRS ever got wind of that, guess where I would be?
Sh
  3rd of Sep, 2008
I was talking to a guy named "Ben". Then a guy named "Zack Johnson" and another named "traver kielfer". All from tafiti consulting. Thanks to these articals when they call back I will tell them I did my own research and it wont be long before they hang up, thats for sure! Thanks you all for the warnings!
Ro
  6th of Sep, 2008
I don't know how or why you had such a bad experience with tafiti consulting. I joined with Tafiti in January 08 and I am doing extremly well with my business. It didn't take 30 days, but I did make enough money in the first couple months that it didn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars, now I'm easily generating 2 to 3 grand a month on a regular basis. Why don't people that want to get more information about tafiti consulting go to this link.
www.linkreferral.com/forumlist.pl?cat_id=6&topic_id=15813 - 128k
It's alot of people that have been involved with Tafiti Consulting and they all have amazing things to say about their program. Or maybe everyone's different you have dedicate the hard work it takes to start the program. It's not a turn key operation.
Ronnie Anderson
South Carolina
Jo
  19th of Sep, 2008
I know from personal knowledge and from a friend that they did well with the Tafiti program. It is not an easy thing to do...you must put forth effort but if you do you will be rewarded.
I feel the that company is being hammered for doing what they say they are going to do. Some blame must fall with those complaining because they must sell more people than just these that have written. What about all the others that were successful like myself and friend?
People should think about what they are doing by picking on someone just because THEY could not do it.
Ca
  29th of Sep, 2008
I signed up with the Angel Stevens program and I am about to cancel that, I just did it a few days ago, when I also received a phone call from Tafiti Consulting. A charming, Mr. Tyler Quick interviewed me and then had another person interview me and they talked me into the purchase and very quickly and hesitantly told me I had a 3 day right of rescission period. I got to thinking about it that night and called immediately the next day and canceled my order. I didn't feel good about any of it. So finally today I called my credit card company and verified that the charges had not gone through and I received a confirmation email that my order was canceled. I hope this is the end of a could have been "nightmare".
Na
  7th of Oct, 2008
I received a phone call from from one of their high pressure salesman at 9:30 one night (which I might add is against the law in Tennessee) there is to be no sales calls after 9:00 P.M. I should have realized there was something wrong when the sales person got so excited at the limit on my credit card. They made it sound so very good. There would be support every step of the way. I told them I knew nothing about setting up a web site and they said "oh that's no problem we provide you the sites and the information, and it practically builds itself. I would call them and get an answering machine. I e-mailed them and received no response. I got ripped off to the tune of $5, 565.00 to Tafiti and another $1, 500.00 to one of their lawyers, who they say wasn't affiliated with them . My credit card can't get it resolved and I am just SOL. Has anyone thought of getting together and getting a law suite against these people. There has to be something we can do to put these crooks out of business...any suggestions?
La
  15th of Oct, 2008
My experience is exactly the same experience with that angel broad except I'm stung for the money. Someway some how there should be a way to throw her theiving ### in jail.
Ma
  14th of Nov, 2008
We agree with all the negative comments above . We were phoned by a Zac Johnson who conned us into paying our money out with a credit card . We don't need to repeat all the above as all the same happened to us they promised to have us up and running with a website in thirty to sixty days but nine months later we still are still not earning any money there is always something else we have to do before we can be up and running, they told us an SEO report would take six to eight weeks it's now been seventeen weeks and we still haven't heard anything and despite e-mails to Tafiti we haven't had a satisfactory answer, we are now going to cancel our monthly subscription to Tafiti and to their asscociate Ameritax who at this point in time have done nothing for us. We have also paid out for an LLC company which was registered in a low tax state but as yet we haven't used it so we don't know if this is true . We have put a lot of time effort and money into this project and feel it would be good to get some monetary return..
To
  12th of Feb, 2009
We have been approached by the Tafiti Company, after signing up with Angela Stevens. I came upon your comments in the process of doing research on the company. So the concensus is - not to do it?

Thanks for the advice.
PS. are there any real success stories?

Tonja
Kr
  27th of Feb, 2009
Same thing happened to me!!! They're all frauds. my mom and i did it thinking "drop shipping" and all those are gonna give us 10, 00-15, 000 a month like they said we'd get but NADA! I asked Chris Goodman, "the president of tafiticonsulting" for a refund a few mintues before signing up and he said he couldn't give us a refund. We were soo naive at the time that we didn't think bout calling my mom's credit card company to cancel it. They kept convincing us that we'll get our money back and it's a good investment and whole bunch of bull. my mom is going bankrupt because of them. i hate them and i hope they all burn in hell!!
T0
  22nd of Aug, 2009
Hi, I got stung for £4000, following an evening telephone conversation with a very pushy salesman! I did actually have several phone calls but could never get their videos to work. They tried to give me homework based on these videos! They rang at a time I had said NOT to ring due to my family commitments. I got them to put a hold on my training for several months but when I tried to re-activate it my password no longer worked!! Needless to say I never made any money and am still paying off my debt.
Ja
  21st of Jun, 2016

Tafiti Consulting - Fraud and cheating
Tafiti Consulting
tafiticonsulting.com

It seems I am another victim of this scam, but am finding out early about their evil ways. They have scammed me for 10, 000 so far. Ive closed my accounts as suggested and dissolved my business one week after I filed for it, so they cannot open business credit accounts on me.

I have only been in this since February of 2009 and have already seen problems that all others have faced or facing. Leaving at that for now, since every thing that I have to say right now has already been said in the other complaints.. I will keep you advised on my progress and we really need to go after these people(excuse me low- life SOBS is more accurate!!!)