Tafiti Consulting / Tafiti Builder / Scammed me out of $7,600.00

On March 3, 2008 I received a call from a representative of Tafiti Consulting about signing up with them to learn web design and all the ins and outs of building an online business. They have very persuasive, high preasure sales people and before I knew it I had signed up. Well this was the mistake of a life time...a mistake to the tune of $5, 565.00 plus another $1, 400.00 for a business license. Tafiti now says that they had nothing to do with the company that called me to help get my business license..but how did this company out of Denver get my number. They are also billing my credit card 49.95 a month for the web-site which I don't have.
I found out later that Tafiti Consulting got my number through Angela Pennbrook. I signed up with her and spent $197.00 to process rebates from home a couple of weeks before Tafiti called me. Angela Pennbrook also goes under the name of Angle.
I tried to get my money back from Tafiti but they "do not give refunds". They offer to work with you until you can get your site up and start making money. This is just stupid...they wouldn't take my calls or answer my e-mails when I first signed up so why would they now. I would ask them to call after I got home from my regular job at 5:30 and they would call at 3:00 or 4:00. I begged and pleaded with them for help and have the e-mails to prove it, but I got nothing. I tried to get my credit card to help (Discover) but they took Tafiti's side and gave them back all their money and refuse to stop adding the web-site charges each month.
With all the complaints out there on these companies why isn't something being done to stop them. It makes me sick to think that they have stolen $7, 600.00 from me... including the website charges since March, the business license and initial sign up fee of $5, 565.00 and oh yes, can't forget Angela Pennbrook $197.00. What can we do to get our money back? I don't have any money for a lawyer...Tafiti has it all.
Their phone number is [protected]

Comments

• Au
      7th of Nov, 2008

Nancy, Your story is the same as mine. I did get my $197. back through my Capital One card. I had to cancel my second card with AT&T and that stopped the monthly charge and then Tafiti started sending daily e-mails saying I needed to get my credit card back on track. I disputed the $3500. charge and so far it has not reappeared. I told the credit card company that I received no product, no service, and no instruction from these people because I didn't. The password that I was given to view their videos would not work and they didn't answer phone calls or e-mails so when one of their people e-mailed me telling me how terrific I was doing with the videos, I told him I had changed my mind and had lost interest because I would not sell the shoddy merchandise that was being offered. I have had to work very hard with my credit card company, but they are finally listening. Report your problems to the FBI via and IC3 complaint, contact the BBB and file a complaint, also contact the Utah Attorney General. It wouldn't hurt to contact your state's attorney general. I wish you well. I know exactly how you feel. Please feel free to e-mail me at marionmonica@hotmail.com

6th of May, 2009

Thank god i read all these similar complaints!! They just called and set up an interview for tomorrow. So when they call I'll tell them they can suck it!!

• Pi
      16th of Oct, 2009

I have received a call from 866-512-6740 today. The name of the guy is Daniel Soto and he works for Justin Blake co. (a 6 figures guy). He also asked my 6030$ to start my own Home Business company. I would have built my own website with the help of their teachers. People from this phone number are really high pressure sellers. This makes them really impolite. They gave me an hour to think about this... and I've just read your note... so I know my decision now. Thanks a lot.

• Ra
      20th of Jan, 2010

I to have lost money thru Tfiti Consulting about 7, 000 and I went to the BBB and after Tiiti said that they would work with us until we recouped our money. The BBB dissmissed it saying that they offer a fair offer, so they dropped it. My husband and I just had to wright it off and that hurt. I was also first contacted by Angle and payed her 197.00 but I ended up getting that back. If anyone has found an answer on how to stop these people and get our money back and prevent them from scaming anyone else I would love to here it.

Rae Guthrie