Tafiti Consulting / scam company

This company promises assistance in learning to set up an on line web based business. They say they offier complete support throughout the process up to and including getting a web page and an online store and/or an ebay store.
Fact is they took my money and there was little to no support or follow up. Now they are trying to bill me an additional $39.95 per month for my "web page". There is no web page. There is NOTHING in over 3 months.

This company is a complete scam!!!

Comments

• Di
      5th of Nov, 2008

This company is a complete scam!!!

• T
      1st of Dec, 2008

Exactly right! I was in there program for 3months and tried to get a refund which was refused so I tried to continue with it but got no help from them and even had scheduled calls ( the Red Team was suppose to call me) that were never made, I wasted time waitting for them to call at the scheduled times. And when I would call them they acted like they didn't have time for me or they could not answer the questions I asked. they are supposed to be experts in all asspects and I found that no one knew anything. I had been left to fend for myself. They took me for 6000.00 plus monthly hosting fees for a site that didn't do anything. I have an open complaint with the Utah BBB and I am still fighting to get my money back.
    Please help get this company, (Media Learner LLC) which is the parent company of Tafiticonsulting, out of bussiness. Please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, It is very easy to do online, just go to any BBB site and it will direct you. WE ALL NEED TO COMPLAIN TO THE BBB so that they can discredit them. then maybe everyone will see that they are a SCAM! Thank you T

• Dw
      25th of Jan, 2009

Why is it that everybody complaining is having trouble getting their money back? I got mine back quite easily - my credit card company was very helpful - Citi Bank Mastercard. I just had to tell them that the charges were unauthorized and prove it...
    Even if you 'signed a contract' you can can claim that they breached that contract by not living up to their end of the deal, making it null and void.

I did file with the Utah BBB. Not sure if it was acknowledged though.

• Ai
      28th of Feb, 2009

I also got scammed by tafiti consulting and the wealth info guy program, which is completely fake by the way. They took $1000.00 from me initially and they promised me that I will be making money within my 1st month from starting with them but I have to pay them $280/ month to continue on their program of "training".

After I made my first payment of $1000.00, I was told that I also need to pay an additional $39.99/month so that they can host a website for me and without that I can't really succeed in their dream program. I refused to pay the additional $39.99 hosting fee because I got hosting from go daddy for only $3.99/ month which was way too cheap and better than their rip off so called hosting fee.

Now, I'm in my third month and I didn't make any money following their stupid steps and watching their stupid movies from the 1999-2002 era of the internet that basically will teach you some of the old techniques of internet marketing.

My website is sitting in the middle of n where without even a single customer visit for the last three months. So, I decided to stop making the $280/ month payment and I decided to exit their program and not continoue that mess anymore.

When I contact them to ask for a refund, they refuse to provide me with a refund and they told me that once I start their so called "training program" I can't just quit and I have to continue on and keep on paying them or otherwise they threatened that they will ruin my credit history.

Today, I was contacted earlier by a bank called montreal financial claiming that those guys(go tafiti consulting and the wealth info guy) took a loan from them somehow in my name and now I have to pay them the loan back or they will start collection on my credit.

Can any one please help me in getting out of this mess and get my money back. Any ideas how to protect my credit history from those online scammers?? Please help. I will also file a complaint at the BBB online for both go tafiti consulting and the wealth info guy, and I hope that every one that got scammed by those guys do the same too to revel the true face of these online scammers.

Any additional help or advice from any one is greatly appreciated.