Taco Cabana / got fired for no reason

1 United States

Goodmorning, who ever is reading this! Ive been working for Taco Cabana company Going for 5 yrs. I'm an Employee and a good worker there until i got fired for not doing a GM (General Manager) job. I loved working there at a fast food Restaurant it was fun when we had rushes. Well, Back to the storie we had almost 4 new Gm since ive been working there yeah they were cool and had no problems. My job was always to clean and restock for the next shift. Well the new GM that just started Taco Cabana not even 2 weeks ago had no experienced never worked there ever in his life just applied for the position as A GM (yeah that's dumb). And i for 4 goin on 5 years of experienced i knew how to do everything that any Manager can do. The last GM moved to another store but before he left he told me just to help him out with the Inventory till he knows how things go in the store me as a nice guy said "yes". There was a Taco Cabana meeting not far from where I stayed. I was not certified and not schedule to go to that meeting but i was asked if i can go so i can meet him! I went the next day to the meeting and the DL (district Leader) was there with the new GM for our store. The first thing the DL told the GM about me was ( He is a good guy verything is clean stock and his job done and you will never have any problems with him) I with a smile. Well yeah i was there till the meeting was over I went straight home to get some rest cause I worked only over nights (Graveyards).Well I went to work that night and he showed up he told me if i can help him with the inventory so I left my other crew by them self so i can help the GM. It was already 1 Weeks later he told me (You think you can do the inventory for me cause i have to do some things on the computer I was nice to say Yes?) Well guess what he got use to me doing the Inventory everyday. Third week came by it was on a wedsday going on Thursday Morning. I was able to do the inventory cause i had to catch up on my cleaning and plus we had alot of call in orders. The GM got there 3 hours before inventory supposed to be posted 30 min till 7 he asked me did you do inventory I replied back telling him no I cant today im busy He called the DL and told him I was NOt following his directions and that he was going to let me go. I worked Thursday night going on Friday Morning (Shift 11:oo pm to 7:00am) the Gm shows up at 4:30am and not talks to me i didnt mind? So I kept doing my job and I also did inventory for him still NO replied from him. Well it was about to be 7:00am till he told me I need to let you go ( fired) I asked why (He said i was aked to do something and i did not follow his Directions) I was k let me call my DL he picked and i told him i was getting fired by my GM and my DL said well you refuse to follow orders so we are going to let you go? I was mad cause that job was not mine I called Cooperate they defended the GM wich that was not right.

Jo