Taco Bell / customer is always wrong!

Do you go to Taco Bell? Do you like their food? So do I! However, I'm more inclined to order a Burrito Supreme, when I go there, and I like it HOT!
This is where the problem occurs! The company's policy is that they will NOT put in the hot sauce while they are assembling your burrito. They refuse to do that as a service for you. I even tried to bargain with them to bring the open taco to the counter so that I may squeeze in the hot sauce packet myself before they complete putting it together. They also refuse to do that.

This is a corporate-wide policy. Personally, I prefer to eat my food, rather than to wear it. It makes no sense to have to dis-assemble the burrito all over again, at the table, so that I can squeeze in a packet of hot sauce, when they could do it as they are assembling it. And I'm not that adept at properly re-assembling the burrito so that I won't have to wear it.

Consequently, I've been avoiding on going to those restaurants lately. I don't have any fight left in me. It would take thousands of people to make their displeasure known, before they take notice, and any policy gets changed.

Comments

• Dw
      23rd of Mar, 2011

Well you know what they say... there's no beef in Taco Bell beef. All the chemicals are probably warping the employees' brains.

• Po
      23rd of Mar, 2011

What a difficult life you have.

• Mo
      23rd of Mar, 2011

I thought it was a valid complaint myself. Makes sense to me to get the sauce inside. Go to Rubios for your burritos, they taste much better there and they will make them however you want them.

23rd of Mar, 2011

Some of you just don't get it, do you? Sure, it sure is a bummer of not getting the simple services which we would expect as a customer. This nation is going down the tubes when it comes to polite service. It is almost non existent now.
    For all you know, I probably have severe arthritis and cannot use my hands like to used to when I was young. A service like squirting a tube of hot sauce into a burrito would be quite a boon for handicapped people.
    With hands that don't operate normally, re-assembling a burrito is quite a pain. But for Taco Bell, this makes no difference! All they want is your money and "the hell with you", otherwise.

• Mo
      23rd of Mar, 2011

Arthritis aside, it is still a valid complaint. If the consumer wants the sauce inside he should be able to get it inside, its much easier to do while its being made than later. It may be a small thing, but it's still a valid complaint and this IS a complaint board. Sense of self entitlement doesn't even apply here.

23rd of Mar, 2011

It's interesting to see how many people who have read this posting, are quite uncharitable towards their fellow man. And all that vulgarity! I guess that they are demonstrating their IQ. They should be ashamed of themselves! A similar attitude as Taco Bell's! I guess that they will learn when it is too late, and Nature catches up with them, and severely limits the abilities that they currently enjoy.

Another analogy. Do you like to eat steak? Many people do. Now what if you went into a restaurant, and ordered the steak rare, and it is served to you well done (mostly burnt). Consequently you are not getting what you ordered, or are paying for, so you complain about it, and that you wanted a "rare" steak. The waiter gives you some very eloquent expletives, and calls you some not-so-flattering names, and refuses to take the steak back, and bring you what you ordered, then walks away. What would be your reaction if that happened to you? Considering some of the shameful language that I've read here, I can just Imagine what some of the readers here would do.

23rd of Mar, 2011

I guess the IQ thing is showing up again! Doesn't sound very educated, and can't even spell! Can't even understand what some disabled people have to go through just to get by in life. You know that old saying, "what goes round, comes round". You reap what you sow. Just don't complain when some misfortune suddenly creeps up on you, and mows you down. Is that what it will take to make you understand? Sad, really sad!

• Ju
      23rd of Mar, 2011

I don't eat at Taco Bell. Their food sux as far as I'm concerned. I prefer Del Taco but I don't know if they have those stores everywhere. As far as putting hot sauce on, I just squirt a little from the packet for each bite. Then I can control the amount of sauce I'm getting. I don't usually use the sauce cuz I have a habit of dribbling it down my shirt. And, of course, I would have to wear a white shirt when I go. LOL

23rd of Mar, 2011

Don't you worry sonny, I asked them to do the sauce before putting in the order. I even offered a compromise to somehow put in the sauce before they closed the burrito. I walked out on many of those places when they treated such a simple request as the end of the world, and the customer as the enemy.

This is also my last post to trolls who have no respect for the elderly, are too ###ic to understand disabilities, and have no concept of being charitable to their fellow man. It is no use to attempt to have an intelligent exchange with low IQ ###ic people, who can't spell, and only express themselves with shameful language. I understand that they also worship bad customer service!

• Ju
      23rd of Mar, 2011

Well, ya know, the bottom line here is, if you don't like the way the food is served, don't eat there. No more, no less. Go somewhere that will make your food the way you want it. I wouldn't continually go somewhere that I knew wasn't going to make what I want. Call me picky that way.

• Ni
      11th of May, 2011

I know this post is old, but anyone who holds a grudge against taco bell employees for not putting extra hot sauce in your burrito is a complete asinine ###. First off, any autistic child can put hot sauce on the burrito while they eat it rather than opening it up and putting the sauce inside the burrito. They cant bring the food to the counter because they have food safety regulations to follow and they shouldn't have to risk getting other people sick so you can have your sauce inside the burrito. And I mean really? No respect for the elderly? Come on granny, if you're too old and fragile to put your own hot sauce on a burrito, you shouldn't be eating fast food OR DRIVING (old people driving should be a crime) in the first place.
    I now step off of my soap box.

• Da
      13th of Jun, 2011

My grandfather with severe arthritis can open far more "difficult" packets, if this is a challenge for you, there are plenty other places to eat in the world.

• Ca
      13th of Aug, 2011

its unsanitary for employees to open packets of hotsauce and put it in ur burrito, also its fast food, if im in the car behind u and saw u ordered something small and it took that long to make. id be pretty pissed at the taco bell, not knowing theres a dumb ### who cant open up a packet of hot sauce on his own in front of me... grow some nails, get out of line, eat ur damn burrito

• 3k