T S Watson / Elite mobile - continuous debit order for once off payment of r150 upgrade

1 Gauteng, ZA

Elite Mobile hounded me earlier this year approximately April 2016 to upgrade. I changed to the Top Up (R500 per month) and they allocated me a J1 mini.

I then asked that my pay as you go number be opened up as a top up account also - J1 Samsung.

I was told that there would be a once off R150.00 debit order for my upgrade.

I ensured monies were in my account for the R150 once off fee to go off at the end of April 2016.

Since then, Elite Mobile has debited my account R150 upgrade fee a second time, which I got reversed by my bank. On 28th October 2016 another R150.00 was debited from my account for upgrade - I did not have this one reversed as I was in hospital at the time.

Again now on 28th November 2016 they have debited me again R150 upgrade fee.

When I call Elite Mobile I am not put through to the accounts department but have to speak to receptionist at customer care. I have mailed their [protected]@elitemobile.co.za and have received no response.

To the best of my knowledge I have had four debit order from them now this year for R150.00 once off upgrade fee!

They also continuously harass me with marketing calls and I can get calls within a few minutes or a day of each other - they don't check to see if they have called already. They phone off the hook when it is time for my upgrade and it also becomes harassing.

I have asked the debit order to be stopped and the R150.00 for October 2016 needs to be refunded back to me. Elite Mobile remain silent.

If this is the sort of service we get from Vodacom agents (and the phones this time round are awful by the way) when my contract expires i will switch to another service provider even if i lose my number - it will be worth the mission.

Kindly address with Elite Mobile.

Ts