T-Mobile & Motorola Razr V3 / no repsonsibility and crappy phone

What a piece of absolute CRAP this phone is. Shame on me for replacing it twice with more of the same. 3 of these have cracked at the upper left hinge under normal use. T-Mobile and Motorola both call this "physical damage" and won't replace any of them.

Calls to Motorola's Consumer Advocacy Office were a complete waste of time. Don't bother.

Don't waste your money on any Motorola product - if you have trouble with it you may be in for the same experience I've had.

Everybody seems to know now that the RAZR is worthless. T-Mobile people put it politely when they tell me, "Yes, these phones are a bit more delicate than others."
They're practically giving them away now.... they know they need to get rid of as many as they can before the whole world discovers what trash they are.

Comments

• Ca
      3rd of Jan, 2007

You are right. I had my Motorola for two months. The battery is already dying before the end of the day. I took it in. They told me i can't fix it - it has water damage and i am out $200. Where the water damage came from is beyond me. I was ready to throw the phone at the customer service rep.

I have had cell phones for years that have never given me problems and ever since i got this piece of junk i am afraid to buy another phone. Granted, it won't be a Motorola phone, but nonetheless, i am still scared.

• Br
      9th of Jan, 2007

Yea i know what you mean. Just yesterday i was taking back my second razor b/c my keyboard had a defect that if i press 3 it would think i pressed one or press two && get 4 or my pound key would just keep entering like over && over. But finally i agreed with the same cincinnati bell employee i had last time the nokia 6126 is way better && i would instead trade for that && get rid of the oh so great "razor". Everyone at my cincinnati bell has the nokia && love them. Err worse phone ever. My first had a defect that everytime i went to the message screen it would freeze. Not to mention my cousin who is on the same plan as me is either n her 2nd or 3rd razor. [never recommend a razor unless you want to keep buying new ones every few months or so. ]

• Gu
      15th of Jan, 2007

The razor is weak and easily destroyed!

• Be
      16th of Jan, 2007

I got my RAZR V3m from Verizon, and was frustrated right out of the box cause my phone was so slow. I'd get a text message and after hitting the "view" button i had to wait 15 seconds (no joke) before the message would come up on display. After two months of this slowness, I found out my friend had the exact same phone (with a different problem) and his wasn't slow at all. Now I knew my phone was defective, and took it to the verizon store. They start ### at me telling me the warranty is void because of water damage and that's why my phone is slow. It had been slow since like 10 seconds after I got it, and I was no where near water. The jerks at Motorola sold me a defective phone and I didn't know it until it was too late.

SOLUTION FOR "WATER DAMAGE" PHONES:

If you have an old phone, like perhaps your RAZR was an upgrade, check the old one for the water damage sticker. If it's still white, with a hobby knife, CAREFULLY switch the two stickers. As far as I know, that dot is the only way they can tell if it's water damaged. Take your phone in, and with brite white sticker, the warranty is no longer void. Hint for the future, buy insurance for your phone.

22nd of Jul, 2007

I haven't even had my razr a year yet and I'm ready to go insane. I had it for about 2 weeks and there was an internal defect that would not allow me to send text messages so I had to send it back to them right after I got it and took tons of pictures that I loved... I couldn't get them off since I couldn't text so that was the first annoyance. Then I got the new one when I first opened it the "door" made some clicking noise. I just dismissed that because the phone itself worked okay... for about a day. Once you have a few pictures and texts it's super slow. Now... Less than a year with this phone the screen decides that it just goes white a lot. The front display is usually black. Once in awhile the screen shows up and everything else still functions but I've about had it. The front display rarely works and when it does there are either duplicate things or, for example, the other day the words verizon wireless were upside down and the date was right side up. Just weird things like that.

I find this phone completely frustrating.

• Li
      10th of Dec, 2007

I had my phone for 1 week. No lie, it was not even remotely close to liquids/water however it got water damage. I'm still scratching my head at where the water damage came from. Indeed it is VERY delicate. I would never recommend this phone. And yes the text messaging is another problem that needs to be addressed.

24th of Mar, 2008

HERE I AM SITTING ON THE HOUSE PHONE TALKING TO "TRISH" (HER OFFICIAL I.D.# WAS 352575) IN THE PHILLIPINES WHO IS THE SUPERVISOR AT THE MOTOROLA CUSTOMER SERVICE FACILITY. I HAVE A RAZR V3M WITH WHAT HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED AS " LIQUID CONTAMINATION" ...WHERE THE HELL DO THEY COME OFF WITH THIS STUFF! THIS PHONE HAS BEEN IN MY POCKET FOR 1O MONTHS AND THEN I START TO LOOSE THE SCREENS AND IT DROPS CALLS. NEVER BEEN EVER CLOSE TO WATER, NEVER BEEN TOUCHED WITH WET HANDS, NEVER DROPPED, NOTHING EVEN CLOSE. WHAT THE HELL DO I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE IN THE PHILLIPINES FOR? I LIVE IN CAROL STREAM, ILLINOIS, ABOUT 20 MINUTES FROM A VERY LARGE MOTOROLA FACILITY IN SCHAUMBURG, ILLINOIS. I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER OF MOTOROLA PRODUCTS SINCE 1981. MY OLD STAR TAC FLIP WAS THE BEST PHONE I EVER HAD. 5YRS AND IT NEVER MISSED A BEAT. MOTOROLA ADVERTISES THIS PHONE AND ALL THE PROVIDERS TOUT IT . IN REALITY ITS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT WITH AN INHERENT PROBLEM AND MOTOROLA HAS A HUGE LOOPHOLE IN THE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY. LAST MOTOROLA PRODUCT FOR ME.

17th of Apr, 2008

The Motorola RAZR is a cheaply made phone put together in Red China. It has moisture sensitive material that insulates the electronics circuits. Once it is exposed to water the water dissolves the water soluble insulation, so the electronic circuit will ground itself out once you put the battery back in it. Therefore, you see it is designed to self-destruct once it is exposed to water. If you are lucky, remove the battery immediately. Take it apart, dry it completely for several days, and put the battery back in it. Motorola could have used any other type of insulation that was not water-soluble and the phone would work fine but they could not sell as many phones. Most pocket style phones are damage by being left in a pocket and going thru the wash, dropped in the pool, falling in the lake etc. They know this is how they sell so many of them. There should be a class action law suite against these ### because they intentionally designed the phone with water-soluble insulation that dissolves with the first exposure any moisture. You are being screwed. Are you listening you Class action vulure lawyers. Here is your chance to make a billion dollars. Go get them.

• Ka
      24th of Apr, 2008

i have been told by the at&t tech support the best kind of phone to buy is a samsung.
    motorolas are a waste of money and time.
    if you have internet and you get a 413 error and it won't show the page.
    it's a motorola thing.
    they won't let so many kb's per URL.
    i think it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard of.
    and they wouldn't replace the phone because it says it in the manual.
    what an idiot, i mean yeah i'm going to go and say hey let me read the manual first before i get the phone?
    their so stupid.
    i might just crack the screen and tell them i dropped it :]

• Ba
      2nd of May, 2008

I have a Hot Pink Razor V3 phone. It won't let me send picture messages to my phone. Everytime I try to it says, "Cannot Insert File, Insufficient Memory." I don't know what that means, and I don't know why it won't let me send picture messages to my phone. I'm not going to say I don't like my phone, but it has some things on there I would change if I could...Anyway, can someone please explain to me why I can't send picture messages to my email?

• Ho
      4th of Jun, 2008

I have had my razor for almost a year and withen the first month the phone had to be sent into the shopfor repairs, beacuse i could not send texts to my husband who was on the same contract as me... When i received the phone back two weeks later the problem still persisted, and i have just gotten used to reply only texting... until now another friend of mine has been trying to text me and i have not been receiveing from her either... not to mention my faulty 0 button... I have to press it very hard or even twice in order to enter a phone number... very frusterated with this peice of garbage... wish I had never wasted my money on it .

• Is
      12th of Jun, 2008

I got my razr from a friend used with no problems...i got it in august. my account is at&t so i cant relate to anyone here. but just recently my phone has been making very akward noises that no one has ever heard b4. if i take my phone off a full charge and make less than a 10 minute phone call my battery does that non-stop gay little chirp. the vibrating function went out on my phone. and decides to work when it wants 2, and does it only very light. in the past few days my phones front display has been staying that blue color. all the gay dinging sounds that it makes seem to have gotten louder. and sometimes when i open my phone i get a white background for 20 or 30 seconds, it will go black, sometimes turn off, or flash a few times then go to my pic background. i cant control my ring tone as if every time i do i get the white screen of death. with numbers and letters saying how crappy my phone is. my text messages r stuck as "make it rain" by Fat joe and lil wayne and all calls r stuck as "lollipop" by lil wayne and static major.

• Ca
      4th of Aug, 2008

My sister had the same issue with her V3. Water damage which has occurred through no contact with water. The sales reps at the store she got it from told her it was from "condensation", and "water molecules in the air". She had the phone kept in a waterproof case (careful much?) and it didn't do her any good. When she asked the sales reps what she could have done to prevent water molecules in the air from getting into her phone, they told her "nothing."

She has spent hours on the phone to a call centre in India to try to get a refund for a phone she's been still paying for for the past 16 months when it has been unusable.

I don't believe that, with motorola's dodgy production materials, this should be a cause for voiding warranty.

I'm trying to gauge interest in a class action against Motorola for loss of time and money due to their bad business practices. Anyone who wants to put forth their statement, let me know.

11th of Sep, 2008

this crappy phone wont send out any text messages...what's the point of having a phone if you can't respond to other people. motorola is truly a piece of crap with products created for landfills

• Ji
      22nd of Sep, 2008

My Razr has been taking pictures by itself for three weeks now. I have nbot exposed the phone to water. I cleaned it well and none of the buttons are stuck, but if you leave it on the table it just keeps snapping fotos and then it stores them. How do I stop this?

29th of Mar, 2009

I've had many of the problems described in the above complaints.The slightest bit of moisture . or vapor knocks the phone out.The white dot is red now .Its my second V3, they honored the warranty on the first one, because the white dot had not turned red.I too, have had issues with the upper left hinge.The cover since day one, has been popping off.
    My Razor also started taking pictures uncontrollably, till I took the battery out and let the phone "dry" out for a day.(it never really got wet).Because I got the the phone for $50, I am locked in to a 2 year contract, which I almost ate, because I was so angry at AT&T.But then I decided to buy a cheap phone and got a $20 Nokia GO-phone which
    accepts my Razr sim card.So now, when the Razr goes down, I switch to the Go-phone.
    I am still angry, I had to switch, to AT&T, because I am living in a Verizon dead zone, and my cell is my only phone.The phone I had with Verizon was Casio G-Zone 5
    indestuctable, waterproof and took great pictures.I loved it, and now I am stuck, with this piece of junk!!!