T-Mobile Free Companion Flight Promotio / free companion flight promotion

1 Crestwood, KY, United States Review updated:

This T-mobile 'free companion flight promotion' is nothing short of a big joke! Too bad the joke is on
T-mobile customers.

A roundtrip fare on T-mobile's vender (TLC?) website cost as much as 2 fares on the airline sites!! They offer fares WAY off the mark from current fares (sky high fares - no pun intended), plus unusually high taxes above the ones you will find on the airline sites per seat, and the final nail in the coffin is their $13 PER SEAT fee! What a rip!!!

Okay, so they have a 'comparative fare promise' where you call in to submit a lower fare you found compared to identical round trip fare on the vendor's website. They say they will match it. Sounds like the honest thing to do, right? Well, even this PROMISE is laden with fees. Try 15% tacked on to the total amount of the base fares, then higher taxes 'per seat' and again their $13 booking fee per seat whether you talk to a person on the phone or not.

To make things smell even more of stink ... The vendor website http://www.flywitht-mobile.com/welcome/faqs.aspx) plasters a 2 business day wait may apply in the time span of submitting a lower fare and getting a return call to actually book the flight. But guess what? Even that is smoke and mirrors. The wait time is actually 10 to 14 BUSINESS DAYS. This actually translates to a two to three week wait to get a call back (because of weekends). My 7 week advance purchase ticket will turn into a 3 week in advance purchase if I wait for T-mobile's vendor!

My personal experience of trying to get 4 seats in this mess, roundtrip to Los Angeles to see a newborn nephew, actually comes to buying 3 seats at full fare and get the 4th seat at a teeny discount - not free. What a sham!

I smell a class action law suit on the way. T-mobile even has their own people answering the phones, because the influx of lower fare submittals are so large in number. I'm starting to think there really is no TLC vendor at all, or they created a TLC corporation, in which T-mobile is running the whole show. I mean if the vendor was real what money would T-mobile really pay out to the vendor, or even the airlines for that matter, if the 'free' airfare doesn't really exist?

Shameful.. More complaints are popping up everywhere. I smell a class action lawsuit on the way. Would serve T-mobile right.

Comments

19th of Mar, 2009

They are trying to tell me that they are "out" of tickets from Portland Oregon to Billings Montana...how are you out?! I am pissed, T-Mobile is going to need to make this right, they also don't have any tickets from Portland Oregon to Orange County California. This whole thing was a fraud and they need to be reported to the better business bureau. I will not be signing back up with T-Mobile ever again.

• Cr
      10th of Apr, 2009

My friend and I signed up for T-Mobile service last Christmas when this promotion was being advertised. We purchased top of the line phones and were excited at the promise of free companion flights in the forthcoming year. So this March we started planning a trip to Chicago, IL. My first attempt to log onto flywitht-mobile.com came in March. I input my info as requested and I was supposed to receive a Booking PIN via e-mail. Guess what - I never received the booking PIN. So I called the customer service line and was referred to the T-Mob ile travel concierge. The CSR - Fred had a terrible time pulling up my info in his system, he kept stuttering about how his system was very limited. He said that he re-submitted a request to send my booking PIN and I would receive it within the next 2 hours. He would do/say anything to get me off of the phone. He said if I didn't receive my booking PIN then I should call another toll free number.

ARE YOU DETECTING A PATTERN HERE?!?!?!? So to perform due diligence I contacted the toll free number and SCR: Natalie says she will re-send my booking PIN to my e-mail address and I would receive a complimentary text message to my cell phone. Guess what, I never received a booking PIN or text.

I am not taking this laying down. This feels like a scam to me and A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT is definitely in feasible. I want anyone and everyone who has encountered this issue with T-Mobile to speak out not only to T-Mobile but anywhere we can be heard. I am a disgruntled and frustrated T-Mobile patron. Once the term of our agreement is over I am going to go with another carrier.

In addition, I am going to contact my attourney to see what kind of recourse we can take to make this right. T-Mobile has no problems charging account and taking my monthly payment every month.

• Ni
      17th of Apr, 2009

wow... i had signed up for the compaRison promotion this past december 2008. when i got my booking PIN i went on TLC site to view the prices. i almost pissed on myself when i saw that a flight from Boston to El Paso Texas was $650. I went on Hotwire.com and found the same damn ticket for $216 roundtrip! and it included the taxes and booking fees. i thought to myself well ill still save if i bought both the tickets from Hotwire lol.

so i went and did the flight comparison thing and sent a snapshot of hotwire and TLC site so that they can "honor" the lower fare from hotwire. well it said that they would take 10-14 business days to get back to me. granted im not leaving until july 2 its still a long time to be waiting for a response. so i initally sent the comparison on 3/10/09...its 4/17/09 and i havent gotten a response back. after the first 2 weeks i called them fools back and asked them what was up. 5 reps told me that they were sorry and they were going to email a supervisor to get back to me and it takes 24 hours for the supervisor to respond. one of the last reps i spoke to told me that i should call back everyday until i get the supervisor. i said look, i work a 9-5 job IN a call center myself and there is not enuff time in the day for me to be calling you guys everyday to check up on my tickets when i was promised something weeks a go! so after speaking to an additional 10 reps (not lying at all...i have everyones name!)

i finally got in touch w/ Brian (today) and he said to email him what i sent for the comparison. i emailed him while i was on the phone. then he had the nerve to say to me that he wont be in for the rest of the day and he was going to get back to me next week and to keep calling so that a rep can look on my account and tell me whats going on. what was the purpose of me talking a to a supervisor...i dont know. im like DAMN does it really take that long to look at my email and say "ok she's good". i know there is probably protocol that they have to follow that im obviously not aware of, but me wating over a month to get a response is ridiculous. i BETTER not get a call from him saying that he wont honor my price and make me pay a higher fare. my fear is that me waiting so long and they deny my submission, will have me paying the most recent prices-which we all know increase as the days get closer to departure. i thought this was a good idea but if tmobile offers this mess again i wont have any part of it!

Nikki C
    Boston, MA

• La
      29th of May, 2009

I recieved my "booking Pin #) about one month after I renewed my contract and when I went on line to book following their directions, it accepted my booking number and recognized me, but it states that there are no flights for my request from Colorado Springs, to Las Vegas. I then precede to enter many different departure cities and arrival cities and it still states not available.

I definitely think this is a scam and I am not even wanting to deal with anyone on the phone because I know it will be a big ordeal. I am going to give up at this point and purchase them elsewhere.

I will be canceling my T-Mobile service when it expires. I have been with them continually for over 6 years. Go figure!

LaNett
    Colorado Springs

• Ca
      29th of May, 2009

This is defenitely a scam, I've been trying to book the flight for last 4 months and still no luck. Tmobile fools the customer with this promotion, I will not renew the contract with them

• Bu
      11th of Jun, 2009

As of 5 June 2009, TMobile has switched from TLC to Caliber to fulfill their promotion.

::keeps fingers crossed::

• Sc
      25th of Jun, 2009

A TOTAL RUN AROUND SCAM!!! Costing me weeks amounting to hundreds of hours of time. Please post any news regarding the pursuit of a class action suit with respect to this SCAM.

I agree and would like to get on the list of a class action suit. My free 2007 flight never came through and finally was told it expired. The company had the wrong address for me even though I made copies of everything. Later T-mobile hired another company which told me my FREE flight would cost me $200 since it was over the, now, $350 limit. Which I could not find in any documentation. The rep told me he could only look up 3 bookings and each he looked up was going to cost me. He then said to look up on my own and I was to call them back at 800-213-9070. I tried for 4 days before the close of the offer on June 17, 2009, waited for 2 hours on several occasions only to be disconnected. The last day, the 17th I called at 7am mountain time (9am eastern when the started taking calls). Immediately, I was put on hold with a message, "We are experiencing a large volume of calls, please be patient as your call will be answered in the order received." I waited two hours on hold and then was disconnected. I did this from 7 am to 2 pm also calling T-mobile reps explaining my frustration and needed this flight as my brother had booked a flight to Boston to meet me and get together with relatives. Th T-Mobile Rep said she would handle it and get back to me. 3 days later I called T-mobile to ask of status and was told the promotion was over and they could not accommodate me. I asked for supervisors several times and finally got one who read the notes on my file and realized their Rep. had made a mistake in saying they will see to it that I would get my flight. (She could not get through either when I had her on the phone so this is why she said she would take care of it.)
    Well, finally all I was offered today after they once again tried to drop the case was and offer to upgrade my phone with a NEW 2 year contract or cancel my service with no penalty.
    What a bunch of @#*!&^% for all the time and effort over the past 2 years trying to get a SO CALLED FREE FLIGHT. I even was told to do the research on a $350 flight and gave that to the T-Mobile Reps. (2 times, with 3 different itineraries under $350 from Delta, United, and American airlines.)
    I am very upset with the whole ordeal and would like to see a class action suit against T-mobile as well as the company responsible for booking the offer.
    Scott
    Littleton, CO

• Tr
      4th of Jul, 2009

I can't even get a flight, i tried for tampa to denver and APPARENTLY there's nothing available??? I also tried tampa to buffalo and again no flights available, what a bunch a BS...

• Pa
      6th of Jul, 2009

Wow never thought I would be sayng anything negative about t-mobile but this promotion they had is definately a scam. I have talked to 7 different people alone today trying to find out what is going on 7/6/09 that's not the other calls to TLC or Caliber. My daughter in law had requested a pin since June 8, 2009 and we still haven't gotten it. Everyone needs to contact an attorney or even your attorney general in your state and the better business bureau regarding this. I totally feel this is a big scam. Buyer beware.

10th of Jul, 2009

I have had an issue with T-mobile ("T" means TAKE your money, "mobile" means give you the run around) companion flight for the last 4 months and still waiting for my issue to be resolved. I have submitted the proper documentation and talked to TLC, caliber and T-mobile customer service and currently I am waiting for business support to call me back...(that was 4 weeks ago). So, I finally called my states attorney general. However, I am looking for an attorney to start a class action lawsuit.
    John
    Illinois

• Di
      17th of Jul, 2009

Companion Free ticket is a SCAM, first they dont tell you that there are certain airline they can use or do a price match. namely (SWA and AirTran) then if you do opted for the price match, you can only do it with a live booking person that will charge you a $30 and 15% per ticket. when you try to use thier website you wont be able to get the best price. This is a total scam, . After my contract is up I will definitely cancel my service with them...I sure hope that they do get sued for this.