T-Mobile Companion Flight / fraudulent offer

After signing a new two-year contract with T-Mobile and being excited over the prospect of a free companion flight promotion, I requested a PIN number from T-Mobile in order to book a flight and companion flight. I was advised four separate times that "the pin number would be sent via e-mail." NOT ONCE receiveing ANY return correspondence from T-Mobile regarding this issue, I called (after spending hours trying to get a contact number) the concierge service and was given a PIN number. I found an inexpensive flight online and told the concierge I wanted to book the flight with the "guaranteed price match." I was advised that "the price-match process was taking UP TO 14 business days." Well, I am on business day 16 and still no contact from T-Mobile whatsoever. This offer has caused me extreme stress. Trying to get in touch with a T-Mobile representative who is truthful has been impossible. I feel this offer was offered with little-to-no intention of actually honoring the promotion.

In the meantime, my eight fellow travelers (all family members) booked their flights weeks ago and I am hoping to just get on the same flight. By the way, their booking prices were extremely reasonable and I wish I had just booked two full-price tickets at the time the rest of my family booked.

I intend on dropping my T-Mobile account, opting out of my contract based on fraudulent business practices.

T-Mobile, you should be ashamed!!!

Comments

• Si
      10th of Mar, 2009

I am waiting for a class action lawsuit to come through on this one. I have seen lesser things go to court. I am also undergoing massive stress and upset, because of this scam Tmobile is trying to pull on the public. I have been trying to get 4 RT airfares to see my newborn nephew. Got my pins okay, but what awful fares they have! Tmobile's vendor, TLC, roundtrip fares, taxes and fees are double what the airlines have available, which as you know translates to people receiving no free air fare at all. In my experience it has come to buy 3 roundtrip airfare get the 4th at a teeny discount. It's all just a sham!!

We were already Tmobile customers with no complaints then decided to renew because of companion flight promotion of theirs. I'm posting my upset and beef with Tmobile anywhere and everywhere I can online. To be honest I don't even think their vendor, TLC, exists. I mean what money would Tmobile even be paying the airlines or vendor with no real discount happening? I hope this scam blows up in their face ... as it should.

I told my husband I don't even trust they will call us back in the supposed 10 to 14 BUSINESS days the unloaded on me. Your circumstance is proof of that. Doubt we can even take our trip now. I totally know what you are going through. My husband is astonished with Tmobile's dishonesty as well.

26th of Mar, 2009

I am going through the same experience right now. I submitted a price match 3/23/09. After I did not recieve a response in the 2 business days that the automatic response e-mail stated, I decided to call the TLC concierge. She said I would not get a response to my Price match request for 2 weeks. I asked to speak to a manager so she tranferred me to someone's voice mail. I left a message with my contact info. and, you guessed it, I have not been contacted.
    I re-sent my price match request via-email and explained my dissatisfaction and CC'd John Birrer, VP of T-mobile's customer care division. (johnbirrer@t-mobile.com) I recievd a personal e-mail the next morning and an actual phone call from a T-mobile rep. He said he would try to help and would let me know when he finds something out. The T-mobile customer service lady who gave me the VP's e-mail address, Mr. Birrer and Jean-Paul Hines were all very nice and seem to be willing to help. The TLC people are the culprits that give T-mobile a bad rap. I hope this gets sorted out before my trip to Chicago on May 7th.

• Me
      30th of Mar, 2009

I already went through this situation. I submitted a price match for a flight and it took 6 phone calls on MY part to get to someone that would help me. I expressed my concern that I would not get the flight that I had submitted my price match for and was assured several times that "we have deals with the airlines and that never happens. Even if the same flight is not available we would get you on another flight the same day" Now, this was said to me on THREE different occasions by THREE different reps at TLC. When the "supervisor" finally called me back he said the flights I had requested were not available and the only ones they had were for two days after my original departure day and one day after my original arrival day. Needless to say I did not book the flights and ended up spending about $600 more than if I had just bought all the tickets at full price. FYI- I just checked the TLC site again and I tried 30 different combinations and none of the flights were available.

• We
      13th of May, 2009

Class action suit is definetly in order. What a scam! I, too was a satisfied tmob customer until now. Got my PIN number with no problem. I've been struggling with this for months, the situation is a bit different than scenarios above. I can't find any flight availability to anywhere from the Los Angeles area other than limited dates to Seattle on the TLC booking site. After calling the 'concierge' line, I was told that price matching doesn't even come into play if you can't find flight availabilty for city pairs. Really? Wow. No matches from LAX to DFW, NYC, or even Portland, Oregon for that matter, using multiple combinations of differnt dates within months into the future. Every week I try to book something and it's the same story every time, though the conceirge emails say to check the 'new' inventory each week. Even the one flight I can find to Seattle is twice that which is offered anywhere else. Overpriced flights, (if you can find one) that's non changeable, non refundable, and has to be 30 days in advance. Shame on Tmobile for not clearing this up.

• Me
      16th of May, 2009

I think this may be a 100% complete and total scam! The T-Mobile rep I spoke with insists that it is legit. I've been trying for days to book a flight online. For EVERY departure and destination and date combination tried (I tried tons form all over the country), the same error message comes up:

Warning: An availability for your flight(s) was not found due to one of the following reasons: flights not found for time/time window requested; not offered for routing requested; not offered for date requested. Please verify your search criteria and try again. (66258)

I even tried calling the TLC 'concierge' number during their normal business hours, yet they don't answer the phone. I don't know how anyone has been able to get as far as seeing overpriced flights online, when I don't believe they offer any flights at this time!

I extended the contract for 3 phones in exchange for this "promotion." If it turns out to be fake, I expect T-Mobile to honor cancellation of my contract.

• La
      7th of Jul, 2009

I am getting the same 66258 error message. I was just curious if anyone has even booked a flight through this before becuase I am not having any luck as the above person stated. There are no flights anywhere at anytime. I continue to get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

23rd of Jul, 2009

I also had the same experiences in trying to get to Orlando! Of all the common destinations!!! Currently attempting to give one away to my sister out of Philadelphia- I hope it works because I have had them since January and have yet to find where they have been able to work for me and I renewed 2 lines also!

17th of Aug, 2009

This is going to haunt T-Mobile for a long time unless they make this right. I'm here reading this because I can't book any flight. I tried Los Angeles to Las Vegas and nothing! SFO to Dallas/Fort Worth, nothing! I'm calling a lawyer friend in the morning if I can't join a class action suit online tonight.

18th of Oct, 2009

I am having the same problem as everyone else! I keep getting the error message with every single comination i try. I am traveling out of Los Angeles and I have to tried to find a flight to any major city, but every time i recieve the error message! This is really starting to anger me! I will not be renewing my contract with them after this! If there are this many complaints, you would think that TMobile would try to fix it so they won't lose customers! I really think there should be a lawsuit against them!

• Ro
      5th of Nov, 2009

My story is different. I was told when I originally signed up with T-mob that I would be eligible for the flight companion eventhough my registration date was 8 days late. I spoke with 2 T-mob reps and they told me no problem it should be ok. So when I received an e-mail declining my registration I called and the customer rep told me that who ever told me about the late registration was wrong and that it is too late. See all the complaints perhaps it is better not to register at all. What a scam!