T Mobile / out of warranty fee scam
I received a phone when I started up the plan. The phone had terrible reception and often cut out. The representative recommended changing to a Nokia. I paid for the upgrade and then received another phone in which the reception, service, and coverage was even worse. It progressively got worse until 3 months later the LCD screen went completely white. There is almost a weekly history of my calling in to complain about numerous dropped calls, being connected to telephone numbers that I did not dial (crossed wires-that ate up my minutes), no bars, and my lack of reception and service even though I was in a green coverage area. When the phone kept getting worse, one of the reps said I needed to send it in under warranty. I did and they sent back another phone. Since then (2 months), I have had acceptable coverage and the dropped calls have been considerablly less frequent. Apparently the original phone was defective when they sent it to me. They claim the phone was damaged internally and that it was as a result of something I did. I was charged the Out of Warranty fee. The only proof they have is a letter they are sending out to me. Their position is that they read the disclaimer out loud to me stating that I would incur the fee if it was physically damaged. This phone had no physical damage. If there was internal damage, then it was defective from the start as indicated from the constant problems I had with the phone-reported the day after I received and started using it. Although the company can read the constant complaints I had with the phone, they are unwilling to look into this further. I am disputing this fee in the amount of $100 and the processing fee of $6.50.
More T Mobile Complaints & Reviews
- Vesta T-Mobile - unauthorized credit card charges 
- T-Mobile - t-mobile lies and cannot be trusted! 
- T-Mobile - fraud customer service and policy! 
- T-Mobile - poor assistance from the president's office 
- T-Mobile / Lvr Pcs Svc - t-mobile fraud charges 
- LG/T-Mobile - lg stylo 3 battery bl44e1f
- TMobile - annoying male voice in greeting. ordered item didn't arrive on promised day. awful hold music.
- T-Mobile USA - phone line
- T-Mobile USA - using my personal information 
- T-Mobile USA - fraud charges