T-Mobile / bad service

United States Review updated:
I purchased a pay-as-you-go Nokia model 1208 phone from a T-mobile phone distributor 3 months ago...21 June 2008. My limited warranty says T-mobile will repair or replace any defective phone or defective phone parts that is not operating properly for its primary intended use...for one year from date of purchase/activation. Just after 90 days of very limited use (as of 26 September 2008) the phone died and would not take a charge. I was told to call customer service and got the run around for an hour and a half telling me that I needed to call the battery manufacturer for a replacement; however, there is no way to tell if the battery is the problem. T-mobile customer service was totally inadequate and unhelpful in resolving my problem, my service outage, could not give me a refund for my remaining minutes (over $90 worth), or refund the purchase cost of the phone. I'm ready to switch to anyone else that can provide decent customer service. I do not recommend T-mobile to anyone thinking of buying a cell phone. I am not satisfied with T-mobile's product support service and believe they have not honored their limited warranty statement.

Comments

14th of Sep, 2008
Starting August 5th, tried to upgrade phones and programmes. Promises were made and not kept, phones not received, phone dicconnected when complaint was made. Tried to contact a menager, no success. No menager was free in 4 tries, left my contact info, was not contacted. Background: loyal customer in good standing since 2002. Worning for potential new customers: think twice before commiting!
  14th of Oct, 2008
T-Mobile Hotspot is a complete rippoff! They designed their month to month unlimited service to make it easy for T-Mobile to fraudulently bill you on a continuous basis after you have terminated the account. If you are at a hotel and they charge $10 per day and if you stay a week, it is cheaper (or so you would think) to sign up for 30 days at $39.99. Unfortunately, even when you inform them that they are to cancel and not resume beyond the month, it falls upon deaf ears and they continue to bill you. If you have it on a bank card, the crooks at T-Mobile think they have it made because the bank automatically pays the charges. In fact, T-Mobile will keep billing your bank card and this nonsense is very hard to stop. There ought to be a law prohibiting such unethical billing schemes. If someone wants to have repeated periodic billing, it should have to be affirmatively requested, and not be the default. It is far too convenient for T-Mobile to say, we didn't know you canceled and continue to rip you off. ie: steal your money; bill for services not rendered; bill you for services never utilized; bill for services never requested; bill for services never authorized. As it stands right now they have charged me for over $200.00 in services I never received. Since I overlooked the charges in my statement until this month when the automated larceny hit it has over drafted my account for over $100.00 plus another $70.00 in overdraft charges. I am not sure what they call this crap in New Mexico, but here in Florida we call it felony fraud! T-Mobile, their new company motto: BOHICA! (Bend Over Here It Comes Again).
  15th of Oct, 2008
My name is Sadmir my complaint is about t-mobil customer service and honoring the contract agreements. I was with t-mobil since 1999 . I signed a contract with t-mobil in august 2007 for 2 years . I head my phone replaced 3 times by t-mobil in a year do to phone failure and complained about the phone service to costumer service department several time no action taken from t-mobil to fix the problem . Now that my phone broke AGEN called t-mobil to fix the problem. Talked to supervisor et customer service name Tyrell employee number 0732761 to fix the problem and resolved the issue why is my phone braking every 4 months. Action taken from t-mobil to fix and resolve the issue NON.
La
  24th of Feb, 2009
Do you people out there know out there that if you purchase a phone from t-mobile and you do not discover that it has a defect immediately that they will not replace it with a new phone.

I purchased one and it had a glitch in the text messaging part. Not something you pick up immediately.

I took it to two separate stores who could not figure out what the problem was the second one told me it was definitely defective and to return it. I went back to my original store of purchase and was told they would not replace it but would send me a refurbished phone in the mail. I said that I just wanted it replaced with a NEW phone and they said it was not their policy. Today I received their replacement which was all scratched on the screen and had little white spots on it. I am assuming it had been hit or dropped. I called their customer service and was told that they absolutely would not replace it with a new phone it was not their policy. If I cancelled their service I would have to pay the $400.00 for early cancellation.

Call me crazy but is this not abuse to the consumer. How did all this happen and why do we let them get away with this kind of business practice. I am just letting everyone out there know that think before you use T-Mobile. They do not have the customer service that you think they have.
Br
  16th of Mar, 2009
I have started a plan with T-Mobile about Dec. 11th 2008 I have had 3 TMobile branded cell phones fail on me and can not get a one of them replace by TMobile. After many calls to tech support I have now learned that all account notes from the first phone failing are now missing and replacement will not be honored. I have been waiting since Dec for a replacement. Also my Fave 5-s were changed incorrectly by a tech and I lost a lot of minutes due to this issue. The best tech support could do was give me a one time hook up of 50 minutes. I am highly pissed. I run a computer company and rely on my cell as the main line. I have already lost 2 big contracts and have tons of clients of mine pissed off at me because I keep telling them my new phone is on its way. I was also told my new phone was on its way when I first called in. Every phone I have had so far and that's 3 in a row, have not been dropped they do spaz out and reboot when they want tell me no network coverage or no sim found when ever they feel like it. I need this issue fixed. I would like to know how you got 2 years in a row JD POWER best customer care award and now I am treated like no one cares. I run a business I need reliability. I am starting to look like a fool to my customers cause I am trapped with this phone for the next year and 1/2. I also call tech support just about every day to try to fix these issues and nothing is what I get.
Ph
  12th of Apr, 2009
T-Mobile simply has NO customer service. Hopefully someday they will have no customers.
Ph
  12th of Apr, 2009
They stink!
Mo
  1st of Dec, 2010
2 weeks ago, I paid 30 bucks asking for changing to the $30/month plan with 1500 talk+text. but it seemed that they did not change the plan for me, just put $30 into my account, just like "Paid as you go"..
It cost me money when I made every phone call or text..I talked to the dealer and he said "it is ok, do not worry, it will change tomorrow.."

Last week, my phone could not make any phone calls or texts, and I dialed "#999#"..oh my god, $0.04 left..they have not changed the plan for me..
Then I came to one T-mobile store in Manhattan last Friday (Black Friday), and they told me that there was no any plan in my account, only "paid as you go"..and it has run out of money now...They sugguested me to go back to the original T-mobile where I asked for this plan service and talk to them...otherwise, I had to pay another 30 bucks for this plan if I still wanted to use it..
From Saturday to This Tuesday, I have come to T-mobile store in Sunnyside (46st, Queens Blvd) for 4 times, the problem was still there, every time they used all kind of excuses to avoid to admit their mistakes..."I have to ask my manager first, he is taking care of his baby now...come here again tomorrow".

On Tuesday, the dealer asked me to talk to their prepaid staff on the phone and the guy told me that "you have used up all your minutes...in 1 week"
Then I asked them to print out my phone bill and so I can check how many minutes I have used...but they said "No, we can not do this for you..."
If I have used up all the minutes (1500 minutes) in 1 week...I think I have called Jupiter or Moon every day...

The most funny thing is the dealer in the store kept telling me "sorry, it was our mistake (the prepaid staff did not change the plan for you)..but I can not help you here, I have nothing to do now..."..He showed me the system in their store and tried to comfort me...the system did not say I have used up all my minutes and in fact, nothing happened...1500 minutes remaining...
and he dial #999# on my cell phone, it still shows $0.04 left (Paid as you go), not "minutes" left (Plan)...

How come one T-mobile said there was no plan in my account (only "paid as you go") but the other said I have used up all 1500 minutes of the plan?

How come the dealer in T-mobile said it is their fault but can not help me? Am I the one who forces them to make mistakes?

How come I got the phone bills and reports before but now only "sorry, we can not tell you how many minutes you have used"? maybe because T-mobile does not admit their fault.

what a great service of T-mobile..

I will cut the T-mobile now, today T-mobile maybe only lost me one customer, Tomorrow the second...

and I will suggest my family and friends to quit T-mobile...I will tell everyone what happened...
Jb
  18th of Feb, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had a similar situation with the threat of a $400.00 fee made by Tmobile and terrible customer support experiences, too. They were AWFUL to deal with. After my contract had ended, I was told that I couldn't get out of it because I "went online to tmobile.com and signed up for another two-year contract". Lies! Horrible lies. They had no proof of such a thing and wouldn't supply me with any either. I fought for over a month, threatening legal action up the wall, but it wasn't until I discovered a list of phone numbers and e-mails of "higher ups" on consumerist.com that I finally got some resolution. I spoke to Pancho Hall, at 877-290-6323, ext. 3418039 and had my Tmobile account closed once and for all. It was a migraine and a half though. I don't have any enemies, but if I did, I wouldn't recommend Tmobile to them. Never ever.
Bt
  30th of May, 2011
To Whom this may concern i have a proublem with your tmobile cells phone we try out your phones for about a month or longer and we have call you people so many times that we cant get no services on the phoneswe couldnt call out or even send out any texting we would be an trouble if we had to call 911 because we wouldnt beable to call we want to send back your phones as soon as we can with no charge at all your company got into my account and took 200 from my checking please return my money to my account i have told u people alot of times that i couldnt get no service on the cells phones many of times and you wouldnt listen now im telling you all once an for all im sending back your phones and i want my money put back or i will get intouch with who ever i have to i want my money and every thing off my credit from you company thank you Mr and Mrs Thomas Stafford
Bt
  30th of May, 2011
No Comments at this time
Gm
  2nd of Sep, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hey, after visiting a T-Mobile Store my phone was cloned and international calls were made. Maybe someone in the store is involved in the scam. T-Mobile refused to investigate and, since, has charged me for everything but the kitchen sink. Don't use T-Mobile and if they merge with AT&T, don't use AT&T.

T-Mobile USA Logo T-Mobile USA