T K MAXX ARKLOW / Terrible service!

1 Ireland Review updated:

I am so annoyed at TK MAXX ARKLOW. The staff, including the managers, are rude, lazy and unhelpful. I have had incident after incident in that shop. Never before in my life have I encountered so many problems in a store. Every time I go in something happens, whether it be left standing at the checkouts unattended for almost fifteen minutes despite being the only person waiting to be served, being pointed at and laughed at by their staff when I've asked for a till to be opened, the manager is aggressive, defensive and confrontational, I've seen them mill around picking their noses as they sort out clothes, which are always lying on the floor, incorrectly hung up and dirty. I have had enough and I won't be going back into TK MAXX in Arklow again.

Comments

• Ka
      12th of Jun, 2008

I agree with this complaint becuase the staff are really rude and unhelpful and not friendly. I was employed at tkmaxx but because of the works at the store in ashford, kent i left 1st week.
    THE OWNERS SHOULD DO SOMETHINK ABOUT THIS PROBLEM THEY GOT IN THE TK MAXX STORES!!!

or they going to loss lots of customers!!!

• Pa
      31st of Jul, 2008

I agree with you, even in london its the same. I use to shop in watford, they always running short of staff. some time managers running the tills. And even their employees not happy with them. Because they use to cut their pays. so rude.

• Fi
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Just been to the Watford store this lunchtime to return some unworn, still with the ticket on, shoes. I also had the receipt. Staff refused to help as i was one day over the return date, which is now only 14 days! As i have just returned from Canada, i asked the manager (who, frankly, couldn't "manage" a drink up in a brewery), how i was supposed to return something if i wasn't in the country? His reply was " we can't help". I called customer services at the head office, who told me to return to the store for an exchange...having spent my whole lunch hour already in the store, i asked for gift vouchers. My suggestion was declined by the manager. I now have to spend more time in their messy, disorganised store after work - looking through piles of clothes for something i don't want or need, a refund was all i wanted! I'll probably have another manager on duty by then and i'll end up going through the whole rigmarole with some other vacant bod, who is incapable of thinking for themself! Will never, ever shop there again!

16th of Oct, 2008

I have to disagree. I love it in there - they have always been most helpful, polite and even apologiese if there is the slightest delay at the till. I even bought an advent box last year - i loved it so much even without a drawer that was missing but the staff found the missing drawer and a staff member delivered it to my home on their way to work. I may be lucky and my experience may not be the norm but i have to say i have nothing but good things to say about the store and staff.

21st of Jan, 2009

shut up its coooooooooooooooooooooooool i love it bam bam bam

11th of Mar, 2009

rubbish tk max manager in ealing brodway, london most name is amit he is very rud and rubbish

• Du
      4th of Jun, 2009

Try the Dundee store for unhappy clients.

• Am
      20th of Jun, 2009

Till staff spit on bags to get marks off and accused a member of the public of fraud(a store manager of another well known store in dundee and a cancer recerch fund raser was accused)they also accused another customer of changing the price sticker on a bag(this lady is the wife of a local company director)get a grip Dundee!!! check out your own staff before you chase away the customers.and u staff is give mony other coustemer manger is very rubbish and poor man specially in rochdale branche

• Op
      20th of Jun, 2009

hellow rohdale branche is rubbish staff is poor and alwys roude and manger is very rubbish and roude people.i saw one day two staff member sex in the tak maxx rochdale branche The Point Retail Park, Molesworth Street, OL16 1TS this is not good.

• Tk
      12th of Jul, 2009

Swindon branch isn't much better either. toilets are not clean and quite smelly when you go in. Lots of 'things' are on the floor so watch your feet to make sure you don't trip over as they will say 'we can't help' even if you do fall over some clothes. Their secutiy guy is great - he must have watched so many CCTV videos and spent lots of time watching them, eating McD's at the same time, that he became so incredibally FAT (difficult to walk 300 yards, never mind running after sby).
    14 days return policy, Is this an American thing? Why don't they make all things non-refundable due to hygeiene reasons??

7th of Sep, 2009

TK Maxx - Tooting Broadway, there is a grey suit wearing guy in there who could be the store manager or sale staff manager who is very rude. I was looking through a rail and something fell off, he stomps over picks it up before I could and pushes the rail of clothing, which I was looking at, so he could thrust it back on as to make some kind of point. Then he stomps along picking up other clothing that had fallen further along and dumps it on top of the rail then goes to another member of sales, makes some comment, and gets them to put it all back on hangers, whilst he strolls off to dressing room. Not the first time I've noticed rude staff in there, most look miserable, and the store has been open less than a month.
    Is there a head office address where complaints can be directed? I have worked in retail before and this is low.

• Lo
      14th of Sep, 2009

Have to disagree with the above comment.

TK Maxx Tooting is un-like any other TK Maxx I've ever been in. Everything is organised so well, never anything ont he floor, the staff are helpfull, can be a bit lost sometimes but it's a new one so that's to be expected. The new look store is amazing as well, doesnt look anything like a TK Maxx at all! All flashy and sleek. Very nice!

So long as everything stays as tidy as it is just now and the staff get a bit more up to date with how things work in the store I think this place will do well.

Just hope they get a furniture department, that's the only thing it's missing in my opinion!

27th of Oct, 2009

crap customer serivces and they says they will return products all over the store in uk bu.l sh.t but they must have tht product n that store where you are returning all a.s h.le i spend one hour jouney to returns products back (high street kinsington) and they refuse because i have to return to the same store from where they got same brands in store.

27th of Oct, 2009

all freshy managers who no nothing about this and waiting people t wait for no reason last time shoping will never go to spend to get this sh.t service.

• Ex
      11th of Nov, 2009

I am also disappointed with TK MAxx. The shop in Hammersmith is a mess. I bought underwear one evening to find out that it was faulty when I arrived home. I went next day in the morning to exchange it and was told that due to hygiene reasons they wouldn’t let me exchange it. I spoke to the manager, Simon, who was useless and repeated the same but was happy to keep the faulty goods and to keep my money. His staff is rude and they even use their saliva to make credit cards work in their often faulty credit card readers.
    Before writing in this blog I contacted their customer services and they said that they treat everyone fairly and refused to comment on the saliva and rude staff issues and said that the staff I bought was not faulty as they had checked with the manager, the same guy who kept it.
    I sent a follow-up note and they never replied.

• Dd
      30th of Nov, 2009

Even I had a terrible experience with TK Maxx Poole and Bournemouth, even their customer service line is pathetice. I bought this Aftershave from Poole centre and asked the staff at till, if I can exchange it later on, if I dont open the seal. He said yes you can and in any of the TKmaxx I could exchange it. BUT when I went to TKMaxx Bournemouth they simply refused to do that. Also they said they are not responsible for what other TKmaxx staff did. and asked me to conatact head office. Head office just simply refused to accept that their staff said so and also told that Bournemouth TKmaxx would not like to have me in their store as I was aggressive. ( Well I am not sure if annoyed is aggressive) The ladyy on the phone told me I must have misheard. Horrible, how can they sao without even doing an investigation.

• Ni
      1st of Dec, 2009

I went yesterday to TK Maxx in Woking the staff there is wery unhelpfull and rude i wanted to buy a cot from sale when i went to the till they took off sale label and told me that i can have this item for the higher price that was so wrong i spoken to the manager that i wanna buy this item for the price that i have seen but the manager said that they have right to refuse to sell item and they have 24h to change the price i have asked her about copy of this policy she was rude and she said that they donnt have one i took number to the head office i ring them and told about this the lady on the phone said that they have right to change price and i can buy thing or not. i asked her abut this policy that i wanna copy she said that they donnt have one then i said that if they donnt have one why she is saying this usualy if im going somewhere and someone is talking to me that this is they policy then me as a customer want the proof of that in this case why does shops exist if the can not sell you the item if they want?/ the people that i deal with in woking was denise and clair wery not nice and rude the manager hat still some food in her mounth when she talk to me

1st of Mar, 2010

I work for TKMAXX, and as a training manager i gotta say. WORKING for TKMAXX is terrible, we get no staff benifits the wages are good, but we are treated like cogs in a machine, no one cares if your ill/got problems at home/ even when swine flu was about, we got no sympathy if someone got it. Our staff room consists of 8 chairs, 2 tables, 3 vending machine 2 of which are broken and one that works for 3 days before needing a refill.

BUT i gotta say, what people who shop at TKMAXX don't understand is, We get given probably the smallest payroll in the whole of the retail industry, we have 8 members of staff in a 2 story, huge store, and we're expected to do everything! Including paper work, and keeping the shop floor tidy. I get so many costomers who p**s me off on a daily basis, and i'm rude back. Simply because, what gives you the right to be rude to us? We're just doing our jobs and your rude to us?? So i don't have any of it, any one who is rude to me get it back twice as much, and i tell staff to do that to. Treat people how you want to be treated!

Most of the coments on this site are people say ' Oh the managers were rude to me'. I have to say, i study law and i'm becoming a manager... yet people look down on me just cos i work at TKMAXX. SO yes we are rude, but you [censored]ing deserve it!

1st of Mar, 2010

AND just for the record, we don't have to refund you anything! It isn't a retail policy that if you changed your mind about something we have to refund it. If its sold broken/damaged to you, THEN we have to refund it. So stop moaning about things you once again don't understand!

• Wh
      6th of Mar, 2010

to RICSIC6:

in the east we value highly the saying "customer's always right" and we take "customer SERVICE" literally.

you're the MANAGER and that is what you're teaching your subordinates. what kind of managing is that! if you have any staffing problems then take it to your management and not to your customers.

if you dont want to accept returns then put it writing. inform your customers you do not accpet returns. that would cut your time handling and dealing with them and save you and your staff from getting angry and angering your customers.

you're nothing but a bully - a very bad trait for any manager aiming for the top...