T-Fal Sandwich/Waffle Maker / Poor Customer service

2121 Eden RoadMillville, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-395-8325

I purchased a sandwich/waffle maker last December, thinking I would give it as a Christmas gift. I wrapped it and put it in my closet and forgot about it until this past June. I gave it to my daughter, and when we opened it, we discovered that one of the heating plates to make waffles was missing. I did not know where the receipt was, so I called the customer service number. I was basically told that without the receipt they could not help me; I would have to pay for a replacement plate. There is no place on the website to order a replacement part, and the customer service person promised me she would find the information I needed and send it to me. Needless to say, I never received the information, so now I am stuck with an appliance that I can only use for sandwiches, not waffles. I will never purchase a product made by this company ever again.
Su

Comments

Ak
  18th of Apr, 2011
I was given a TFal professional deep fryer as a present (receipt available), which later failed under warranty. When I called to return this to the store, they refused stating I had to ship it back to the manufacturer. I call Tfal, and they acknowledged this as well. Therefore my $100+ professional fryer warranty is only as good as the price less shipping. It would cost me $50 to ship the item of this size across country. This warranty is no good if the cost of replacement is so great. I suggest another product with another warranty, where it can be returned to the store you purchase it from.