szfac.com / Hackers sending emails in my name

On December 6, 2008, an email was sent out in my name by this company. All recipients were in my personal email address book. My address book no longer exists, someone stole it. I have never contacted this company for any reason, nor would I send out emails in their name stating "Good Website". I fear that opening the email may cause virus to my freinds it was sent to.

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2008
    szfac.com - spam emails promoting szfac.com
    szfac.com
    szfac.com

They hacked into my yahool email account and sent out spam emails to all my contacts from Yahoo address book promoting their web site. Then they deleted all the contacts from my address book. Fortunately they didn't deleted any email messages nor change my password.

• Da
      3rd of Dec, 2008

They did the exact same thing to me last weekend. It looked like they not only grabbed all my contacts and deleted them, but also grabbed every email address that I sent even if I didn't add it to my contact list.

• St
      25th of Dec, 2008

I had exactly the same experience down to the disappearing address book. I am quite worried about the security implications of this, as it appears to be the case that someone can access my email account and the information held therein. I contacted Yahoo about this twice and have had absolutely no response from them. I have changed my password. When I googled this company, I found that others had the same experience and that people attempting to buy from them lost their money.