Syndero / Icareer Kit / Icareer Internet / Unauthorized use of bank info!

CA, United States Review updated:
4.8
I don't have a lot a information on this fake company except it is drafting POS sale from my bank account without my permission. For the last three months This company have taken $69.95 e out of my bank account under different names. I have not received nothing from them not even a email, phone call or product.

Comments

Ly
  9th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i dont remember signing up i sure dont recall any money coming out of my account i want to cancel my kit
Ja
  13th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I don't have a lot a information on this fake company except it's Phone number that appeared on my bank account (800-591-2452), which no matter at what time you call, it's busy.They keep drafting from my bank account without my permission. This company have taken $69.95 e out of my bank account and without my permission. I don't remember signing up for anything as I use my account only to perform payments.
By
  16th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I don't remember who is this company. Today I found this company charges $69.95 from to my credit card for several month. I just have a phone number on the my statement(818-315-6933). They used two name Icareerdt and Ecareerkt on my statement. I don't remember singning up any monthly subscription.
By
  16th of Dec, 2007
I just write incorrect phone number. The correct number is 888-315-6933.
Su
  28th of Dec, 2007
This just happened to me too. I need to know what to do. Help!
Ge
  5th of Jan, 2008
I have recently noticed that I am being billed 69.95 by a company. here is the detail that was posted to my account.

ICAREER KIT EM 888-3949155 CA

I will be cancelling this card. Anyone help on recovering the charge to my account?
Jo
  9th of Jan, 2008
I just noticed icareer has been taking out of my checking account last couple of months to amount of $69.95. I do not ever recalled to ok to take it out. Please let me know if anyone made any progress.
Ka
  16th of Jan, 2008
Two items appear on my latest credit card report that I have no knowledge of. They are one item listed under ISCAREER KIT EMAIL for 1.97 and another item under ECAREERKT888-3156933 FOR $69.95. I believe that this is a scam because a number of other people have also been charged exactly as I was. Nothing was ever heard from this company or whatever it is.

I need to know what to do about this. We are sure that our Credit Card Company will take these items off our account, but there is a real problem here because so many other people are having this same thing happen to them.
Lr
  24th of Jan, 2008
I am having the same problem and I have the same phone number - 888-315-6933 - this is definitely a scam and I can't reach them and there is no address anywhere that I have been able to find.
Pe
  26th of Jan, 2008
I have this same charge to my account, ICAREERKT888-3156933, I dont know what it is or how it got on my account but right now I'm serving a tour in Iraq and pretty much have no way of cancelling the charge. I'm going to try to call my bank but I'm not sure if they can do anything about it
La
  30th of Jan, 2008
Same charges, same numbers, icareerkt 1.95 on Dec 8, ecareerkt 8883156933, 69.95 on Jan 8. Cancelled card & disputed claim with credit card co.
Ed
  2nd of Mar, 2008
Charged my credit card with out my signineg up for their service icareerkit never knew these people will sue Edward Stufflebeam.
  4th of Mar, 2008
Problems like this it's always good to contact BBB usually they handle problems like this.
Ka
  9th of Mar, 2008
I, too have been charged by this company. I did request some information on online learning but they were from reputable places, Kaplan and University of Phoenix.
Jo
  13th of Mar, 2008
Same problem here. Don't recall how I got hooked up. Name on the credit card statement: ICareer Kit, 800-394-9155, 888-315-6933.
Me
  2nd of Apr, 2008
I have been trying to get a hold of this ICAREER KIT at 800-349-9155 in CA all day now and have not gotten anything but a recording. They charged my credit card for $69.95 which I did not authorize and I am very upset about it! I will be turning it over to the fraud department of my credit card company. There is no excuse for this! It should have never happened in the first place.
Th
  7th of Apr, 2008
Exact same issue, the company has charged $69.95 out of my account without my permission. I have no idea how it made its way to my account but this is outrageous. iCareerKt 001800-591-2452, I called the number given and I spoke to a representative on 1pm, Mon April 7th 2008. I told them that I didn't sign up to whatever their program was but they accussed me of doing so. I told them that if I had signed up I would at least received an email, which I did not! They continued to say that I did as they have all my information. I have been purchasing item from the internet for a long time and I would have remembered what I purchased online. A FILTHY SCAM AND FRAUD. BEWARE
Ro
  8th of Apr, 2008
Scam artists. I only found my name on my Debit card statement. Never heard of them. I have complained . I never authorised any charge .
Pa
  2nd of May, 2008
Hey!!! U guys?? I think i might be able to shed some light on this subject, a friend of mine and i both have expierianced the same criteria as most of u, the sdifferance is i assume knowone else here is affiliated or even personally knows any of the rest of us here with this complaint, so if i have a friend going through my same situation, there must be a common denominator, so, here are the connection possibilities we have identified as the possibkle link, can any of u identify your situation with any of our potential reductions, ???

1. anybody know a latino male aprox 25 yo goes by the name of noel?? he pronounces it like "NO WeLL" claims to be from the s.f. bay area, computer savey, and living currently from reno into hollywood ca, ??

2. how about hotel stays, did any of u purchase internet wireless service at a hotel visit? so u could access internet for yur laptop while at hotel stay?

3. do u bank at bank of america?

4. how about streaming adult video web site " nakedsword" or the simularities of such?

5. how about telemates phone interactive dating service? local phone singles ??

6. vonage? or gay.com?

7. clearwire isp??

these things i subscribe to were all common links that another person having the same issues reported. we both truly believe the colpret is 1 of the 7 possibilites listed above, do u agree anyone else share any of these services??
Pu
  2nd of Jun, 2008
I just found out about this scam 2 days ago. Unfortunately, I did not realize the charges paid to iCareer Kit or eCareer Kit for at least 10 months because I did not look through my charges thorough enough. They started out with having the name listed as "ICAREER KIT EMAIL" for the first charge for $1.97, then the following month the same name but charged for $69.95. They do skip one or two months in between, so that you do not notice if you do not look thorough enough.

When I spoke with my credit card company, B of A, they found a phone number to this iCareer Kit provider where B of A transferred me and I spoke with a person. The rep from iCareer people informed me that this is a part of the things that I signed up for a big giftcard to some retail stores, like M.A.C. Costmetics or a free iPod for an example. Of which, I never sign up for those things. Even if I did, I did not receive any services or products from anyone for these sort of things. This iCareer Kit turns out that it has a 30-day free trial, but after a month without a cancellation, they will charge you $69.95 monthly. All they needed was your credit card number (no questions about the security code on the back of your card), your mailing address, and an email address that they can confirm with you. NOTHING ELSE! I verified the email address that they have on file, it was not even my email address. The rep told me it was some @sbcglobal.net email address, which I have never used SBC Global before in my entire life. She also told me that she cannot do anything but to reimburse me the last charge that was done within the past 30 days, but they cannot do anything with the previous charges. The lady was very pushy: She kept on telling me the same things over and over and over again that I did not cancel the services after 30 days so there was nothing she could do. At least 5 times during the 10 minutes I was on the phone with her. She suggested that I should file a police report, which may take months to investigate. Once there is a police report, she suggested that I should fax it to 888-315-6933. I had to get a phone number out of her with a lot of effort: 707-864-4196. At first she sounded like she did not understand what I was asking for, then repeated the entire police report and the fax number again. Not until I kept on asking for the direct phone number to her department, she gave me that 707 number. They charged at least $491 on my credit card over 10 months.

When I saw these multiple complaints about iCareer Kit, I called B of A again. Luckily when I explained the situation, they were able to help me by closing my account and initiating the investigation for identity theft fraud. At the same time, they reimbursed the entire amount that was charged to me for the 10 months. I also had to file an affidavit of fraudulence. So now, I am waiting to see the difference on my statement on the new account number.

I did attempt to tell the company at iCareer, if it is really a legit company, to be more careful on charging their customers and increase the security if they are to charge a person that big of an amount EVERY MONTH! Who knows if my official complaint to the company will do any good. I also told B of A that they should look into these charges with the key words "ICAREER KIT" or "ECAREER KIT" for their other cardholders, so that they will not have to go through what we all did.

This is worth filing a police report to stop these scam artists, especially when you google "iCareer Kit" and this is the first or second link that shows up!