Symantics / Norton Security / annual renewal

1 HI, United States Review updated:

I was not planning to renew the Norton Security on my PC for this year. When the reminder came up that my subscription was going to expire within a month, I opted not to renew. Tried to uninstall the program using their uninstall option but program did not go away.

Received nearly hourly reminders of the renewal. After several days, I received an "upgrade now" message and wasn't sure if it was for my current subscription, so I upgraded and was charged as a renewal for the next year. There was no message regarding any fees for the upgrade or fees for the renewal until I saw it as a message AFTER the upgrade.

Comments

Ru
  24th of Sep, 2008

17th of Nov, 2008

I had a problem with the program a couple of months ago where it suggested to be uninstalled and reinstalled. The program was never able to be reintalled although we tried for several days and I was unable to find a working phone number to contact customer support, so I was forced to buy a different program. I have not had Norton for several months now but I received a statement from my credit card with charges from your company. I never received notification stating I was going to be charged for a renewal. I never authorized the renewal, therefore, I never authorized the charges made to my credit card ($49.99) for the renewal of the program on 11/17/08. This was a scam, you took advantage of my credit card information and charged me without my concent. I want the money to be credited back to my account, or I will take legal action against your company. I want my credit card information to be removed from your computers and the automatic renewal. I am not interested in doing business with you. I would like someone to contact me regarding this matter as soon as possible. Hilda Rivera(407) 671-2416

CONFIRM

17th of Nov, 2008

I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER COMMENT !

Ch
  1st of Dec, 2008

I am not aware that I gave permission for Norton to renew my security for my computer. I broke down my computer three months ago and stored it away. I need this renewal to be credited back to me. I will not be using my home computer for approximately 18 months.

Vw
  19th of Dec, 2009

I am a Canadian. I am trying to renew my Norton 360 which expires in one day. When I enter my phone number, which of course has a Canadian area code .Your information informs me that I must enter a valid phone number, which I of have. but it still insists that the information submitted requires to be valid. What is wrong?