Symantec Store<symanteccssigndigitalriver.com / Norton 360 Version 2.0 upgrade Windows XP & Extened Download Service

1 27490N3460EastRdChenoa, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: [815] 692-3056

On Sept.30th, 08 I was remined that my spyware & Virus protection would be up in a couple of days. So I needed to take care of this, It would cost $69.99 for the version 2.0 Upgrade, and $8.99 for the extended download service, a total of $78.98. I paid this by using my bank Visa card, and it has already cleared the bank. I have gotten reminders from them that my protection will be running out in a few days. I have tried several times to download it only to get almost to the end and it has failed. They tell me I should look to see if I am connected to the internet.Now really is this not stupit on their part? Then it is gone! We have dial-up but it should not take six hours to download and end up with nothing. Besides out of $78.98 too. Help Please! Thank You, Norman&Shirley Beitz <nsbeitz@route24.net> Nov.8th, 2008

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Nov, 2008

I continue to receive cancellation notices from you, as
    In past years. I believe you should have figured out
    When the renewal is activated, as it was before the
    Expiry date. following is information on my renewal:

Order number 776793813
    Order date: 22 oct-08

Robert remschel
    95 forest drive
    Apt. b
    Springfield, nj 07081 thank you!

17th of Nov, 2008

On october 19, 2008 I had you install a norton system at 56.98. I was charged for this and today november 18 I received a notice on my computer that my security system was out of date. is this a swindle on your account, or simply a mistake. I see by some of the e-mails above that this is a normal way you do business.
    this way you get people to pay you two-three or four times a year.
    I think next time I will go a store and install it myself.

I would like an answer - if possible.
    joe freiman ritaellla@aol.com order # 2096395260
    am I covered or not?

19th of Nov, 2008

Get back to me on my complaint or next year you WILL NOT get my business

Joe Freiman 2096395260

• Bo
      25th of Jan, 2009

I received a renwal notice re: my norton account in December, 08.

I renewed my subscription on 12-29-08. My order # is 778104517.

Using the auto renewal system which I forgot that I had, your company just opened a duplicate order which of course I don't need.

Please credit my AX account with the latest amount charged for that duplicate order and aknowledge.

Thanks, Robert G. Lowell

• Do
      15th of Feb, 2009

Please contact me. i'm not sure that I have downloaded the security
    Protection I ordered at the end of december and I have started get-
    Ting pop-ups again... this after spending $99 for your service people
    To remove a lot of unnecessary stuff when they came into my com-
    Puter. i'm looking for the phone number I called when I initiated
    That process... you should make contacting you by phone easiere for
    Us computer illiterates.

15th of Feb, 2009

Are you so computer illiterate that you think that, by posting on https://www.complaintsboard.com, that this will cause a Symantec representative to call you?

Simply put, contact Symantec directly if you need to hear from them.

Why are you posting this here?

Dr M A CARNORVORO

• Au
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I fully believe the complaints made above about norton symantic, I had just purchased norton 360 on line, only because a message from them had advised me to renew my norton internet security by 29 days and that my best option would be to download it on line, I thought yeah why not, first time I have ever downloaded norton on line, in the past I just normally purchased it from a store instead, but because I have been so busy, it seemed like a good idea at the time... wrong... never again I will download it because, it took approx 6 hours to download which I thought, was to long but thinking.., well, it be worth it..., not. at the last bar of download to be completed, it stopped downloading and a message appeared advising me that-_ set up file is corrupted. so now I have no norton 360 and I am out of pocket of $109.00 but, norton does advise me ways to retrieve it and redown load it, but you guess the end result. exactly, still nothing..21/2/09, order no:1648595993

• Na
      10th of May, 2009

I downloaded your program plus the extended warranty on 5/6/09. Accordingly I had 16 days before the new program would kick in Technically, from 5/6/09 I had 16 days plus one year on Norton.

The following day I cancelled the purchase. I became an ATT user. I was unaware that there was a FREE program with ATT since I had 6 gig a bites . My computer was running slowly and I had the ATT technician up to check a telephone connection and he explained why I was running slowly which was usual for me. As soon as I took Norton off I ran great. Yes, I have had my computer at the Geek Squad, trying to take care of that problem.

I would like a refund since the old program still was active.

Order # 2100225983 Natalie 6 May 09 dated order removed 7 May 09. nataliekobert@att.net Natalie Kobert

• Up
      24th of Jul, 2009

on beggins of april I cancelled $ 53, 99 for Norton Sistem 360 3.0 and 6, 99 for version upgrade .- I paid this using my bank vard and today I cannot dowload the programe. please help me. Thank you .
    Order number 6452032815

• Be
      8th of Aug, 2009

I need to opt out of the trial Norton 360. The confirmation number is
    #6144834514.
    I do not plan to purchase the software, but I can't find the place I need so I can opt out. The order number is the same as above.
    Betty S funk

• Ro
      25th of Aug, 2009

How do I cancel the on-going protection? where do I find the on-going protection cancellation form to fill out? thank you.. robert umsted rumsted5564@charter.net

• Se
      5th of Nov, 2009

i have purchased and i have kept product id and key my norton360version few day ago expired now i want to renual so how to geback my version and download pls i need help in this matter because old version i deleted from my pc pls replyback soon

• Se
      5th of Nov, 2009

my brother bought norton360 version he has given me the purchased code id and password but few days before i delided the version from my pc because it was expired now i couldnot download becuase idonot know where to fill up the puchase code and password and how to download so i need help in this matterASAP

• It
      4th of Jan, 2010

All comments looks funny... if yo giys dont know how to work with computer then you will end up lossing your money. it won't help you to put your complaints here. I got one issue while upgrading my system but later on it was resolved by symnatec helpdesk @ the same time. I spent only 15 minutes in upgrading my system and it has been running fine from last two years with symantec product. one of my other copmputer has macafee installed which came free from comcast. bith ae running fine and looks good to me. the only reason for performance degradation is becuse ofantivirus upadate and background screening, which can be handled to kick off @ night time.
    System wont run bettre if you are using intel 486 :-) or pentium-2...

• Vi
      12th of Feb, 2010

I tried to download a free trialware program that never did download. tried several times to email and spent over 2 hours on hold at their store number. no one ever answered. could never contact anyone. norton on the other hand was certainly able to take the money out of my bank account, no problem. lost my money, put my bank account in the red and still can't download or reach anyone about this issue. this is a horriable program and company!!! do not use them for anything!!

• Ge
      31st of Mar, 2010

3/31/2010 I was charged $81.43 for a porduct I did not order and due not want how you charge for something you due not provide? I due not have this program on my computer I want a refund or I am going to get ahold of the better buisness burrow and report this. order # 8963453600 email georgebenson53@live.com george benson phone#360-516-3133