Symantec Norton Anti Virus / unauthorised payment after cancelling product

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I sent an email to Symantec's subscription email address several weeks ago cancelling my Norton Anti Virus account and telling the company not to make a withdrawel from my Master card account.

I was horrified when I received an email from Symantec informing me that they had withdrawn $44.99 from my master card account this included $2.00 tax. I have tried emailing them at their subscription email address telling them to refund the amount taken from my account but the email seems to be blocked at the outbox level and wont go through. I have tried calling the company at their phone line but all that happened was that I listened to music awaiting an operator while the dollars rolled up on my phone bill. I am disgusted with this company as well as with my bank who let the payment go through after I blocked it. I am using the web address given on the letter to try and get my money refunded and stop this account for good. I feel utterly trapped into this Norton Anti Virus account which I am still not receiving even though they charged me again and my email number is still the same on my new computer. Please free me from Norton Anti Virus and Symantec. Yours hopefully. Helen Simpson.

Comments

4th of Apr, 2008
    Symantec Norton Anti Virus - billing error - billed twice for item
    symantec norton anti virus

I have a receipt from symantec for a total of $61.98 (1.99 down load, 49.99 subscription, 10.00 upgrade, dated 3/2/o8 and thei shows up on my astercard bill. I also have a $49.99 norton annual renewal. It appears you have charged my account 2 times for the same item. Please reply ASAP and credit my account ASAP. I will have to pay these charges or incur interest on my account.

• Wi
      26th of Aug, 2008
    Symantec Norton Anti Virus - automatic renewal

my account was automatically renewed on July 3, 2008 and my credit card was automatically charged $49.99, however, it says that my subscription has run out. I tried to verify the product subscription status to see if it is up to date and it will not let me view it. Please advise

• Li
      7th of Sep, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I also was advised that there was a 9.95 charge if I wanted to phone and talk to anyone about it. There were 60 ahead of me for online chat help. I emailed for help and, although advised that I would receive a reply in 24 hours, at 26 hours I had no response. I sent a strong follow up email, and the problem was resolved. In the meantime, the application was prompting me to renew my subscription. An attempt to double bill? I wonder how many times a subscriber does not check her/his credit card statement and follows the prompt.

• Na
      26th of Feb, 2009

This morning I renewed my annual Norton Internet Protection service. The cost to renew is $49.99

15 minutes after renewing, I logged into my online banking & in the pending charges were 3 separate charges from Norton!

Two fees for $49.99
    One fee for $59.99

That's $157.97 dollars.
    That's $109.98 more than verbally discussed.

The person that helped me was Pavankumar Munnalal Shrivastav from Symantec Support.

I spent over an hour with someone on the phone that could not correct the situation before being transferred to his supervisor that offered the same rhetoric nonsense.

A+ on your customer service mate!
    Now refund the money from the unauthorized charges!

• Co
      6th of May, 2009
    Symantec Norton Anti Virus - wrongful charge
    The Old Vicarage Hotel Ltd
    Christchurch
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01425277006

I have been wrongly charged for a subscription renewal to Norton Antivirus. I received an email saying my renewal was due (correct) and I paid by card. I subsequently received a further charge direwctly from Symantec for the same renewal. I have been wrongly charged £44.99 and seek reimbursement