Symantec / misled about downloads/updates

1 PO Box 9Lewis, KS, United States
Phone: 712-769-2241

October 30, 2008

Nadine R. Aydt
PO Box 410 Washington St.
Lewis, IA 51544

Lori Swanson
Attorney General
1400 Bremer Tower
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101

Dear Ms. Swanson,

I am attaching copies of letters drafted to the Attorney General of Iowa and Symantec Corporation. The reason I am copying to you is that in the service agreement with Symantec it states that β€œall claims or disputes relating to the Service shall b e governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota.”

Thank you for any assistance you may offer in the resolution of this request for refund for services which I believe were not properly delivered.

Respectfully,

[protected]

cc: Symantec Corporation
Attorney General of Iowa
Nadine R. Aydt
PO Box 9, 410 Washington St.
Lewis, IA 51544

Iowa Attorney General
Tom Miller
1305 E. Walnut Street
Des Moines IA 50319

Dear Mr. Miller,

After repeated attempts to reach Symantec Corporation to cancel Symantec products particularly a Norton Antivirus subscription and to request a refund of $49.99 I have received nothing from them. Attached is a copy of an e-mail sent to me following a contact I made via their website. The phone call never came.

I believe that I have a right to cancel my subscription because the recent update I downloaded, paid for through an authorized automatic payment, is the 2006 version of the Norton Antivirus. According to the agreement I am supposed to receive the most current which would be 2009. I am also dissatisfied with the fact that Norton Antivirus continually caused my computer to operate very slowly and another Antivirus product I am using indicated that certain potential viruses repeatedly made it passed Norton. Upon removal of the Symantec product – which I competed mid-October, my computer is running much faster and more efficiently while my firewall and present antiviral protection is working very efficiently.

I am sending a copy of this letter to Symantec Corporation seeking a refund of the $49.99 which was applied to my credit card since I am no longer using their product(s) and cannot seem to make contact directly through their website or by phone. Please support me in this endeavor.

Respectfully,

[protected]

cc: Symantec Corporation
Symantec to me
show details Oct 21 (9 days ago) Reply

Dear Nadine Aydt,

You will receive a callback from Symantec on 10/21/2008 between 10PM and 11PM on the phone number [protected]

Please note your Priority ID : [protected]

Please do not reply to this automated email.

Symantec Corporation.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary and protected from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, duplication, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of this message, including electronic and hard copies. Thank you for your cooperation.