Symantec Corporation / False advertising

have always used Symantec products, until now! When the Internet Security 2005 program was getting close to expiring. I received an E-mail stating I needed to upgrade to the Internet Security 2006. The Internet Security 2005 would no longer be able to upgrade. If I would renew the subscription for 2 years I could upgrade this product for 2 years? I now have a high speed ISP connection and after reading the E-mail I chose to download the upgrade for two years. On November 1, 2005 I downloaded the Setup program. Product Key :JFWWR8QWYCDFT4RT8BH28BFGM, That downloaded program gave me credit for 731 days without giving me credit for the 23 days on the older 2005 product to begin with. I didn't complain about this at the time. On October 15, 2006 the program had a pop-up stating I needed to activate the product that the subscription had expired. Upon clicking on the fix-it box the computer locks up and only the hour glass shows it is working. Three hours later I went to the task manager and ended the program. The program has caused other problem with my computer by locking down while trying to activate the program that now should have over a year left.

October 16, 2006 I called the support representative to find out what was wrong with the program. After I talked to a representative October 16,2006 that wanted to charge a fee for him to setup the program again. This is a rip-off, the program should work for another year! I asked for a refund for the unused subscription, the SECOND support representative informed me that company policy would not refund after 30 days. If this product is not warranted after 30 days, why would the company advertises for a 2 year subscription when the product cannot be used for 2 years? This is false advertising, plain and simple! Unless this complaint is addressed I will no longer use or support any Symantec product on any of my computers or my families or any contact I know!

This is how the file I downloaded 11/1/2005 looked on my computer. I now have uninstalled the program from my computer and using another companies product"

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good PEOPLE to do nothing!

"DON'T BUY SYMANTEC PRODUCTS!!!! THE COMPANY WILL NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS AFTER 30 DAYS the box states 60 Days!!!!

W B

DUMAS, TX [protected]

Symantec Corporation
20330 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Cupertino, CA 95014
Web Site: www.symantec.com

More Symantec Corporation Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Apr, 2009

I agree I went threw H E L L with these guys, 09 did not work they down graded me to 08 then I went to Internet Ex 8 they said it wont work with that, I kept having to downgrade my computer.

WORSE part is there is NO ONE to talk to in Calif, there C S is now in INDIA!! our economy sucks and there outsourcing jobs, and no matter how much I asked they would NOT give me corporate numbers
    SEND a letter to the better business bereau I got a refund within a day, however never a sorry for outsourcing I used them 5 years never ever again will i support them.

you can always e mail Lynn Adams at 541-335-7617 or lynn_adams@symantec.com or call sure there numbers will be changed soon!