Symantec / subscription problems

United States Review updated:
3.9

My two-year Norton Antivirus subscription is about to expire in three days. I am having a resubscription problem, yet I am unable to contact Symantec via the links on their web site.

I recently received a credit card bill that lists an automatic subscription renewal for their software that I did not authorize. I was planning to use a different credit card than the one I used last time, and it is creating a problem. So unfortunately they already billed me, but the software I paid for did not load; also I was not ready to resubscribe until a day before my current subscription expires. I feel like they tricked me into resubscribing, and resubscribing earlier than I would have liked to. Not only that, but they billed the wrong credit card number, and gave me a one-year subscription when I was planning to buy another two-year subscription. What a mess!

Now I don't know if I should go ahead and do a subscription download from the Symantec web site or not. I am afraid that they will double bill me, and I won't be able to complain to them. All the links for free Symantec technical support do not work; when you click on them, nothing happens! I feel like I'm losing my mind! I guess my only recourse is to call their head office in Cupertino, a long-distance phone call from where I live; hopefully I can resolve the problem that way.

I think Symantec is really overstepping their bounds by automatically resubscribing their customers. They have billed me for a one-year subscription, but have failed to give me instructions on what to do next. I feel like I don't even have the satisfaction of subscribing when I wish to do so. If they really have faith in the quality of their product, why do they have to resort to trickery to force people to resubscribe? Also why do none of their free "contact us" links work?
Sb

Comments

Pk
  15th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
ATTENTION ALL ON LINE PURCHASERS OF ANTI VIRUS PACK

1. NEVER BUY ON LINE BY GIVING YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER
2. READ THE OFFER DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU PAY MONEY
3. WATCH OUT FOR MICRO LETTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS( This is done with the intention of defrauding the Customer)
4. THERE IS NOTHING CALLED ANNUAL RENEWAL FEES
5 NONE OF THE COMPANIED REVEAL WHAT IS BEING "up dated"
In fact, they up date nothing. Because in that way a soft ware can not be reprogrammed. It is a Con business.
6.THERE IS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO VERIFY THE COMPETENCY OF THE ANTI-VIRUS
7.AS A CONSUMER PROTEST AGAINST THIS ILLEGAL AND UNETHICAL PRACTICES.
At
  31st of May, 2011
i have the same problem, subscription and i cannot cancel anywhere, cannot speak to anyone they say they have no record of me, my credit card company cannot help, is there an address i can write to.
Ge
  3rd of Apr, 2013
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
one day when on my internet i was bombarded with your latest norton-anit virus 13, as being the latest in security. when i tried to acces it, it was not possible, and then i tried at least 6 times to remove the window, so after that i accepted under duress as i was in the middle of a Important transaction at the time and did not want to lose my contact with the people i was dealing with. Ever since that day, i have noticed a marked disabled Internet proformance and not able to get on, before i accepted under what i consider a violation of my rights, and obtianing control over my private live, which i am considering consulting my full rights by law. All i wanted to do was get my personel control back and ask one of your team to put me through to a technical advisor to remove it from my computer and REFUND me the costs of this aggresive manner in which i was forced to do, under duress. Georgina Bayford.

Symantec.com Logo Symantec.com