Swoopo / No delivery no response

1 New Milton, England, Hampshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

On Swoopo (then teleBids) I bid and won a Siemens Giga-Set SL565 mobile phone costing a total of £35 and worth about £85 (Amazon). A bargain you might think. After a few weeks I sent an email asking where it was. Automatic response, of course. After another two weeks, I sent another email. No response. Finally I sent a third email, stronger. No response. If I am going to claim on my Barclaycard, how do I get information from them to support my claim? They don't contact you! Whatever you do,
DON'T JOIN THEM. They may not be a scam, but they are very poorly organised. I rate them 1 out of 10, and then only because I was lucky enough to win something - sorry, nothing! David.

Da

More Swoopo Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Aa
      5th of Oct, 2008

I have experienced the same problems. I have gallant efforts to contact TELEBID as well concerning why I have been charged 3-20 Bids from swoopo.com and I still haven't received any responses from the company concerning my account. This very inconvenient (TELEBID doesn't even provide a customer service phone number) and if this isn't resolved within the following week of this comment, I will report my situation to the Better Business Bureau.

6th of Oct, 2008

Swoopo are to be avoided, their charging is hidden well within the help section of their site, the process is not only unfair but is gambling more than bidding, I'd avoid like the plague.

• Ro
      15th of Oct, 2008

i second the above. they make it seem like fun, as if you have a chance winning; but it is a false chance. your money will disappear in seconds. don't dare using the bid butler as it will suck up your entire bid account in less then a second. this experience was a total waste of time and money. i had to finish up the bids i bought, that's the only reason i spend any time on this scam machine. too bad it was not easy to figure out the lie before i made my purchase. i feel really dumb!

• To
      16th of Oct, 2008

I am highly upset that I fell for this scam in the first place. They also charged me three times for the $20 bid package. I bought the lowest package to test out the site and I am glad I did. However, I am out of $60.00. So I go to the Help section for a customer service number and there is none. I know the email I sent was a waste of time. Well, consider it a lesson learned. Warn your friends! Either way, I want my money back!!!

• Cl
      27th of Oct, 2008

Check www.kcbidz.com It is not a scam and you get the best for your money!

• Fx
      25th of Sep, 2009

Worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Have had the same problems as everyone else. Finally won, what I thought was a great deal, and have yet to receive it. Swoopo didn't have any problem charging my cc as soon as I won, but actually sending the items is far too difficult. I wish I had read more about them before I joined. I will be telling everyone I know and blogging every time I see it as a subject.

• St
      28th of Oct, 2009

I did not win the auction but had a chance to buy the Sony Webbie camera and it too was the same deal, I paid they took the money and ran, no answer at all from them I just now filed a complaint with Paypal and hope they will see this in my favor and credit all my money $204 total dollars wasted in this scam, good news is a while back I bought led's at an auction site and after no product the dispute was found in my favor and I got a full refund in the end, Paypal is the safe way to pay never pay theses crooks with Credit cards nor Money orders, watch your card for more charges too.
    I had my doubts but had too be a sucker to try, now hope for the best on the refund I guess?
    Anyone have a phone number for theses thieves??
    LKP

• Ir
      7th of Nov, 2009

I bought my bids when they were 75 cents each and now they reduced them to 60 cents. When I requested them either refund me or add the appropriate bids to the account. They said they would and after 2 weeks of nothing, I sent them an email letting them know that I was unhappy and requested the bids be returned at the paid price. I did not get paid the proper price and have no satisfaction from these people.

*** I WARN ANYONE AGAINST "SWOOPO" AND ANY DEALING WITH THEM***

• Ml
      29th of Nov, 2009

I have sent the following letter to swoopo by email twice and will send it by certified letter to corporate offices around the world tomorrow. I have not nor expect a reply. I will proceed with a major lawsuit incorporating a proven law team who were successful in many corporate trials including Enron.
    I suggest any and all who want to join to make this a class action law suit as well as report Swoopo to the appropriate agencies around the world wherever they operate.
    please email me if you have a similar story and are interested in joining this effort. Email me : LAWSUITagainstSWOOPO@gmail.com
    Sincerely,
    MLS

LETTER TO SWOOPO (11/28/09/ SWOOPO - re: Auction ID: 250716,
    Please be advised I have personally spent over $1200 on your site in 24 hours and have nothing to show for it??? I bid on auction ID# 250716 and spent over $800 on this auction alone (and several thousands in 3 or 4 days just trying to prove some theory about Swoopo).
    I fully committed to owning this MAC 13.3 PRO laptop as indicated by the digital record you must have. I was locked out from bidding while it was down to 10 second intervals and i was paying full attention and bidding almost every other bid. When it hit 8 seconds I was clicking multiple times without any result as if your website locked up or stopped and my computer was fully functional and all other sites working fine so I had power and was connected and eliminated all sources but yours. Im not sure if you had a glitch or, I was blocked out and it was decided another party would get this laptop for 265 bids while I had expended over 1360 bids to the tune of 819.00!! YES I was very committed to buy this and should be awarded it as well due to your site not acceptimg my multiple bids with over 7 seconds to go???
    OR, I request an immediate refund and/or removal of the gaming aspect of your auctions should this move forward. We have tested this on ebay and what you do is illegal.
    You may not run Illegal gambling online within the united states and California. This is considered gambling when you award someone to bid in a competitive environment and there is a WINNER over all others. Thses are gambling auctions where many people get nothing to show for thier money. You are deriving unfair profits many times FAR BEYOND THE TRUE VALUE OF WHAT YOU OFFER and your clients are not offered the opportunity to just buy your products separately form the gambling auction format.
    We feel that your site should be controlled by the FTC and gaming commission. IT IS GAMBLING in all senses of the word and Las Vegas would be proud to achieve profits such as yours.
    Your "entertainment" factor is GAMBLING!! California Penal Code Sections 321-23 make non-State lotteries illegal. A lottery is defined as a "scheme for the disposal or distribution of property by chance, among persons who have paid or promised to pay any valuable consideration for the chance of obtaining such property or any portion of it . . .upon any agreement, understanding or expectation that it is to be distributed or disposed of by lot or by chance . . ." Cal. Penal Code § 319.
    California courts have been willing to assert jurisdiction over in state and out-of-state defendants who interacted with California residents via the Internet, based on a "detrimental effect" theory of jurisdiction. See Hageseth v. Superior Court (2007) 150 Cal.App. 4th 1399.
    We will begin investigation into your company and its policies and IF you are NOT ALREADY SUBJECT TO...requests a major overhaul of the laws and inclusions governing you and other sites like you in order to achieve resolution and protection of users of your site. Gambling is monitored and must be licensed under federal law and state law. California has even more stringent standards in which to adhere.
    We will make sure you adhere to these laws immediately.
    **PLEASE FORWARD THE LAPTOP FOR WHICH I HAVE ALREADY PAID OR, SEND ME AN IMMEDIATE FULL REFUND FOR ALL OF THE BIDS I MADE SINCE SIGNING UP WITH YOU A COUPLE DAYS AGO in order to placate my complaint and forego a test case on these matters.
    I await your immediate reply. Time is of the essence.
    Sincerely, M.L.S.

• Ta
      12th of Dec, 2009

We all need to start compaign against them, they stealing money from people and dont even care about inqquiry or compliants

• At
      24th of Dec, 2009

I would very much like to join a lawsuit against swoopo. I actually one an auction on there site for 75 additional bids on top of my 150 - $90 bid pack purchase. I paid the amount and they had no problem putting the bids in my account. My complaint is there bid butler. How it says it will "bid for you in the final seconds" well there "back and forth" method is a complete hoax and literatly SUCKS UP YOUR MONEY. If you place a bid butler at the exact time as someone else for 50 bids it will auctomatically go back and forth until you don't know where your thirty bucks went. I have emailed Swoopo three different times on there website and through email. I have YET to hear a response, i asked for a full refund because i sat there and watch 80 bids go straight to there bank account. I have checked for a contact number and have failed to find one. I live in texas where gambling isn't allowed. In a sense this is very much the same concept as online gambling. There has got to be a way to take these guys down. What they are doing is just morally wrong, taking hard earned money and basically handing it over to these FAKES. Another thought, there must be some automatic system bidding for them because they are raking in 20k for a 1000 dollar Iphone!!