Swissbit / Worst service ever

I purchased a Swissbit Swiss Army Knife that comes integrated with a 1GB USB Memory Drive. The Drive failed in May 2008. The product comes with a 2 year Warantee, but must be returned to Switzerland for repair. I paid $99.95 for the item through Tigerdirect.Com. After orresponding with the Swissbit Service Technicians, they agreed that the part was defective and told me to process the RMA using their online Website. I began the procedure of requesting an RMA and discovered they were charging a $120 shipping & handling fee for replacement under Warantee. I wrote Swissbit complaining about the fee which is $20 over the retail price of the item. Their response
was "We are truly sorry for this situation, but these are the terms of the RMA procedure." I will never purchase another Swissbit product since their Warantee Policy is ludicrous.

Pa

Comments

• Mi
      26th of May, 2009

I am sorry for the confusion you are having concerning your Swissbit Victorinox USB Flash drive. The warranty should be honored by the retailer where the drive was purchased; in this case it appears to be Tigerdirect.com. If you do not get satisfaction going that route please feel free to contact me at support@swissbitna.com and I will help you get this issue resolved.

Best regards – Michael…