Swiss Air / Racism

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Following my recent experience with Swiss Air staff I will no longer be flying Swiss Air for business or pleasure. I believe the woman who charged me an excess of 375 CHF while my colleagues who had similar snowboard bags paid nothing. The only difference between my colleagues and myself is that I am black but my colleagues are all white. This type of racist discrimination is not acceptable in the 21st Century and so I am complaining. I flew from Zurich to London February 2009. Be warned and choose another airline.

Comments

• Kw
      18th of Jun, 2009

We (our diving club) are starting an action in court just now for arbitrary and discriminatory handling of luggage right now.
    Since Swiss Air doesn't even react to our mails, we wil be charging them 1.000.000 € in court.
    Our lawyer gives us not 99% but full 100% certainty of success and is taking the case on a percent basis.
    We don't even have to pay !

• D3
      11th of Nov, 2010

Ridiculous. People have to pay overweight baggage charges regardless of the colour of their skin!
    Grow up and realise that nationality or skin colour don't guarantee anybody an easier time!
    Again, completely outrageous!

11th of Jan, 2013

do you have any update on this? I had a similar issue I would like to check if I could have the same right.