Swimming Pools Etc / Fraud and cheating

Swimming Pools Etc.com (SPE) should be avoided at all costs. There is no such thing as customer service at SPE. They appear to look at customers in-mass and could care less about building any repeat business. I can attest that there are numerous reports like the ones posted here all over the internet. This experience will change the way I shop on-line forever.

I recently placed an order with SPE for a Thermostat (89.00) and simple LED Bulb ($42.00). By the way, the 'free shipping' is offset by a 'handling fee'. Using the info. posted on their web site, I confirmed its compatibility with my lighting system. The bulb shipped to me was not even close. I called and spoke with a representative whom looked at the web site and agreed with me, but still required that I submit an email to their support group. Over the course of the following week I was stone walled with regard to how to resolve the errant part. Not once did they even offer to exchange the part for the correct one. Instead, when pressed they essentially reverted to blaming me for ordering the wrong part. I eventually called again and was finally told to submit an RGA Form, only to find out that they were going to charge me a 25% restocking fee + shipping. And this was clearly their mistake. I confirmed the misrepresentation on SPE's web site by later searching and viewing other web sites which provided detailed pictures and definitive specifications of the the bulb I ordered further confirming that they were clearly wrong. Bottom line -SPE was willing to screw me for a mere $42.00 bucks.

As a matter of principle I have elevated my protest through MasterCard, am preparing a Better Business Bureau complaint and will file a complaint with the California Attorney Generals Office. Eventually, this will all catch up to them. I have also vowed to share my experience with others in hopes that they can avoid the frustration and financial loss.

An

Comments

• Ra
      11th of May, 2011

I too have been ripped off by SPE. Due to misleading parts descriptions and diagrams I ordered a duplicate part. I received the same response. The BBB is now involved. I am going to the Texas Attorney General Office now

Swimming Pools Etc - return/refund policy
    Swimming Pools Etc
    3667 Omec Park dr STE 1
    Rancho Cordova
    California
    Phone: 916 638 8387
    swimmingpoolsetc.com

I am currently being ripped off by this company. Due to misleading parts lists and diagrams, I ordered duplicate parts. They refuse to accept the duplicate part back and issue a refund. What kind of company does business this way? I could hardly believe it when they flatly refused to even consider my complaint. It is now in the hands of the BBB and more importantly, The Texas Attorney Generals Office. Please reconsider doing business with Swimming Pools Etc or www.swimmingpoolsetc.com. This site and others like it are a good way to expose fraudulent internet companies. I will search for more places on the internet to report this company for the unscrupulous way they do business.

11th of May, 2011

When the instructions are misleading, it is a crime. At least in Texas it is. If I can keep one "ignorant" customer from getting ripped off I will.

11th of May, 2011

"Instructions" was the first trolls word, not mine. You can read my initial complaint if you want to know more. Texas has an open records act..you can search for my complaint and relevant statute at www.tx.gov

11th of May, 2011

What part of this don't you understand? The parts diagram was misleading, prompting me to order duplicate parts. I knew exactly what I needed and ordered accordingly. When an exploded view of a parts diagram shows two separate items with separate part numbers, you would assume these are separate items. Item 1 came with Item 2 already attached. This is not how the diagram displays the items. Building your own pool is completely irrelevant to this discussion. By the way, thats a lot of digging to do yourself, Troll...or is that California Troll, haha

Dear Troll...
    Go back to doing what you do best...riddling weary travelers before they can cross the bridge you live under. Oh yeah, and building swimming pools and awesome decks. Leave us adults to discuss adult matters. You wouldn't know a backhoe if it was sitting on your awesome deck and it was painted bright yellow. Troll, I bet your big and fat..you sound like your big and fat.

Dear Troll
    Obesity is classic symptom of a social outcast. Being angry at society because you eat too much is no excuse to become a Troll. There are many examples throughout history of social contrarians who did not become Trolls. As long as your big, fat and gross you will never be accepted into mainstream society. You will never get that promotion or be invited to hang out with those people you so admire. Your just too fat. Now change your screen name and start over. Lose some weight and join the rest of us that enjoy life.

12th of May, 2011

Waitressing at Cracker Barrel isn't much of a living, Troll.
    Just curious..why would you need a backhoe to install an above ground pool? Couldn't you just blow it up?

12th of May, 2011

Answer a question Troll. Why do you comment on subjects that you have no clue about? I realize that this is what Trolls do, but I'm curious about the thought process and what motivates Trolls. Are you neglected? Frustrated? Just plain bored? Please respond Troll.

12th of May, 2011

Answer the question Troll.