Sweet Basil Thai Restaurant / added tip to my receipt without my knowledge

1 1219 Alder StEugene, OR, United States
Phone: 541-393-5536

I purchased a dinner and a drink. As I picked up the food at the counter, I did not leave a tip (this restaurant does not have wait staff). I drew a line through the tip amount space and entered the exact amount of the meal and drink as the total to charge to my debit card. When I received my bank statement, I found that they had added a tip without my authorization. I contacted the restaurant and spoke to the store manager who agreed to pay back my tip and also provide small compensation for the unauthorized charge. A few days later, the owner, Max, contacted me and began yelling at me on the phone. He was very unapologetic and rude. I never did receive my refund, even after agreeing to go tot he restaurant when he was not present. He promised that the refund would be waiting for me in an envelope, but it was not there. This is stealing and very unprofessional and un-business like. I will never go into either restaurant again as I do not believe it is ethical for a restaurant or restaurant owner to behave this way.