Sweepstakes Draw / Scam

1 Port Saint Lucie, FL, United States Review updated:

I received a letter to inform me of the release of a Sweepstakes Draw from Reader's Digest held on February 2012. I was among the finalist playing 6000 full tickets and that I had won a lump sum payout of Five Hundred Thousand Dollars (500, 000) To start this claim I was directed to use a check that was enclosed from Geico General Insurance to cover any charges that may be required before you receive your funds. I was instructed to call an agent of Geico Insurance Mr. Joseph Baker at [protected] to begin to activate the claim before you deposit the check. When you call the number you are asked to send money in advance of depositing the check. The check is bogus, the letter I received is a scam to fleece money from me. Geico General Insurance is being misrepresented in this scam.

Please circulate this so others who receive such Bogus Mail don't fall for this scam using Reader's Digest and Geico General Insurance.

Concerned in Port St. Lucie

Comments

• Ke
      24th of Apr, 2012

I wants to thank "Concerned in Port St.Lucie". His comments save me time and efforts on the letter and phone call to Mr. John Baker at that same toll free number. I did not received any telephone calls from Reader's Digest on 452 Broadway Street. There is no Broadway street. There is a Broadway, and a Broad Street in Manhattan. The Check looked nice, but it would be bouncing like a rubber chicken.

• Di
      18th of Jun, 2012

My 89 Year old Aunt is holding a check as we speak. We have notified the police dept and now I have this web Site to attach. Thanks