Sweepstakes Association Of North America / SCAM

1 Modesto, CA, United States Review updated:

I RECIEVED A LETTER THAT I WAS A WINNER OF A COMPENSATION DRAW, AND THAT I AM ENTITLED TO THE SUM OF $250, 000. TO OBTAIN THE MONEY THEY SENT ME A CHECK FOR $4, 490.00 I AM TO CASH THE CHECK AND SEND THE TAX AGENT CLARA JONES A CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF $3, 760.00. AT FIRST LOOKING AT THE CHECK IT LOOKS REAL, I EVEN TOOK IT TO A LOCAL BANK AND THE RAN THE CHECK UNDER A FRAUD DETECTION LAMP, THE CHECK APPEARED REAL. THIS IS A SCAM !!!
I CANT BELIEVE THAT THIS IS HAPPENING IN A TIME LIKE THIS, WITH THE FINANCAIL SITUTION THAT WE ARE ALL FACING AT THIS ROUGH TIME, I HAVE LOST MY HOME AND TWO JOBS OVER THE PAST YEAR, AND I CONTINUE TO TRY AND SURVIVE DAY TO DAY. THIS IS A TERRIBLE SCAM AND I CANT BELIEVE THESE PEOLPE HAVE NOT BEEN CAUGHT. SHAME ON THEM !!!

Kr

Comments

Ch
  13th of Nov, 2008

My husband received a check and letter saying the same Tax Agent Clara Jones, contact your claims agents Jerry Brown and Steve Douglas: 1 -788 -858- 3493, my question to any one who has fallen for this scam has any one succesfully? cashed in the checks if so, how can it be if it is fraud and what are or were your consequences?I too was excited then realized it was too good to be true.

Ph
  27th of Dec, 2008

I received a letter from B.C.B Financial Services in Canada stating that I was a winner in a Christmas Compensation Draw and that I'm entitled to $250, 000.00, and I needed to contact my claim agent: David Johnson 1-778-318-1077. Along with the letter was a check drawn on Life Investors Insurance Company in Cedar Rapids, IA in the amount of $4, 560.00 which I was to use to pay a Non Resident Government Service Tax of $3, 660.00 payable to Tax Agent Brend Smith also in Canada. I did not attempt to cash this check since I figured if I had truly won a quarter of a million dollars the taxes could just be deducted from the winnings so this in itself made me question the validness of this letter and check. Plus my father always told me, "Anything that seems to good to be true probably is a lie." I don't understand how these people can get away with scamming people like this! There must be some authority that can shut them down permanently! I also would like to know if anyone actually cashed the check and if they did, what has happened to them as a result of cashing it!

Js
  6th of May, 2009

I received a letter from Sky-Line financial Service in Toronto Canada stating that I won $250, 000.00 in a Compensation Draw on behalf of the Sweepstakes Association of North America. I also received a check drawn on Merrill Lynch, Bank One in Columbus, OH in the amount of $4, 890.00 for the purpose of paying Non-Resident Government Tax.The check looks very real! Don't fall for it!!! Follow the old adage: If it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't. You can't win a sweepstakes or lottery if you don't enter. I have filed a formal complaint with the FTC and recommend anyone else who has received the same type of letter take the same action.

Ta
  11th of Sep, 2009

I too Received a check drawn from UBOC Disbursment Services out on Boston, MA, but the letter came from North Atlantic Grand Casino Sweepstakes in Canada. The check was 3950.00, with claim number TA-222. I didn't fall for this either, because if I actually won anything, some type of papers should have been mailed with it to do the taxes on it.
It is difficult in these financial times to turn this down, but you must think of the consequence.
These people should be stopped. Don't be deceived, whatever a man sows he going to reap!

Tm
  27th of May, 2010

I TOO RECIEVED A LETTER FROM COMPENSATION DRAW AND A CHECK FOR $3, 980.00. THE LETTER SAID TO CALL AS SOON A I GOT THE LETTER, SO I CALLED THE LADY (LINDA GRAY) TOLD ME TO DEPOSIT THE CHECK THEN CALL HER BACK FOR THE INFORMATION TO SEND A MONEY GRAM, SO MY HUSBAND CALLED HER BACK AND SHE GAVE HIM THE TAX INFORMATION A NATALI BOWELL IN LONDON ENGLAND. IN THE MEAN TIME I TOOK THE CHECK TO A CECK CASHING PLACE TO TRY TO CASH IT (TO GET THEM INSTEAD)THEY CALLED THE BANK, AND THE BANK SAID THAT THERE WAS ALOT OF THAT GOING ON AND IT WAS A FRADULENT CHECK.MY HUSBAND CALLED THEM BACK, THEY TOLD HIM TO CALL BACK THE NEXT DAY THAT SHE HAD TO TALK TO HER ASSOCIATES, WE ARE PLAYING ALONG AND TRYING TO GET AS MUCH INFORMATION AS WE CAN SO WE CAN TURN THEM INTO THE FBI.IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION OR WANTS TO HELP MY E-MAIL IS sexy_blueeyes_678@yahoo.com.THANK YOU I HOPE NOT TO MANY OF YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR THIS AND I HOPE THIS WILL HELP THOSE IN THE FUTURE NOT TO FALL FOR THIS. TINA