Sweepstakes Association Of North America / sweepstakes and check fraud.

1 222Richview Road Calgary,Alberta,Canada T7K2L6Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 17788614899

Sent letter sayiny i win 250, 000.00 and a check for4, 515.00 to pay tax on winnings to tax agent Janet Brass Wood Road Calgary, Alberta Canada and then they would send me my winnings got me all wound up and the check was no good it was all a fraud and I am poor any way and that really upset and hert me because I really needed that money. It is a shame this kind of thing can go on I thought me and my kids were going to be able to have a home big enough for us to finally be comfortable I am so upset and so are my 2 children We got our hopes up and was let down please dont let thease people do any one else like this this is so devastating. ThankYou.

Comments

• Br
      14th of Oct, 2008

I got the same exact letter and check!

20th of Oct, 2008

I recieved the same letter and check. I did call the number and the man sounded very fishy!! They said they were working with Wal-Mart and Kmart when I tried to ask question he just kept telling me "the check is good, when you deposit it call me back"

21st of Oct, 2008

I have received the same letter only my "Tax Agent" is Mary Bright in Montreal. It would be so nice to get a nice fat check in the mail; but alas, I KNOW BETTER!!! I called the number just to see what would happen and got a very tired sounding voice mail. I did not leave my name nor number. I will report this to someone; just trying to find out who it should be.

I hope people who get these letters will not deposit the checks!!!

24th of Oct, 2008

I received the same check and letter today 10/24/2008. at the beginning I was surprise because the check look authentic but the rare thing is that I never participated in any sweepstakes so why I am going to receive such amount just because. no body give anything just for nothing. So I research about the company and fortunatelly I found this page. Thank you for the advise. I hope somebody get this people and do something, is not nice that they play with the hope and sentiments of others.

Ana Z

• Mr
      25th of Oct, 2008

Hi everyone i got the same check yesterday! My tax agent was Peggy Woods from Canada! I too got excited and went right to the bank for some answers. Glad i didn't make a deposit. I am contacting my state rep and hoping that we can stop these evil and immoral people that think this is so funny. There has to be a way to get back @ these people.

• Ca
      25th of Oct, 2008

got one 2. burn it before it burns u

3rd of Nov, 2008

Apparently they are sending out a bunch of these letters. I too thought all of those things like the check looked authentic, I didnt enter a sweepstakes and that people dont give away money for free. I was smarter than that though. Before I did anything I started researching the company and so on. Came across this site immediately and thought to myself " I was right" thank you for posting this and making my search easier. Sure would have been nice to have that money but just curious. How do they screw you over if you deposit the check? What if you try to cash it? Email me back I would just like to know what you think.

3rd of Nov, 2008

Just wanted to add to the last comment...I noticed that at the top of my letter that the company information had changed

Gateway Financial Services
    701 Royce Road
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada T7K 9L4
    1-778-869-855

• Je
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Yes it has. It is now called Secured Financial Award Inc. based out of Ontario, Toronto. Many people have complained about this same letter. I just received on today and think god I googled it! Some people weren't so lucky.

• Je
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Amanda, I wondered the same thing. Apparently when someone deposits the check into their account, it clears and then they take it out of their account and send it to wherever the letter says to. After about a week or so, the check then bounces leaving that person owing thousands of dollars to their banks. It's quite clever how they are doin this cause the checks are real and banks are apparently accepting them.

• Ly
      6th of Nov, 2008

I received my letter about 2 weeks ago and the only reason I opened the letter was because there was no return address, so I was a bit curious. I did not call on the letter until just a few days ago and I knew right away that the man was a crook! I started asking him question he just could not answer clearly. I never had intentions of cashing the check, but I know that in these hard times it could have been very easy to do. I am still concerned just how they obtained my name and address. Just beware everyone and hopefully nobody will fall into this trap!

10th of Nov, 2008

I received this letter 2 days ago. I opened it and found a $4515 check enclosed. Right away I knew it was not right, but wanted to check it all out anyway...I mean come on...a small part of us would love to believe in these things, right? When I googled the name of the check...Wings Electro. Co inc...the wesight came up as a security and advised me to close it down. The BB&T (the bank in which the check was 'supposedly' cut) was a finance company and the Sweepstakes Association of North America was a fraud!
    Needless to say, I was smart enough not to fall for this, but definitely agree with Ms. Garcia that it would be easy to fall into a trap like this... Not to mention it really concerns me that these theives have my name and address as well. By the way My Tax Agent was Mary Green in Calgary, Alberta Canada and the company was Gateway Financial Services!

• Cl
      10th of Nov, 2008

I just received the letter myself today and i be damned i had a feeling it was fake so i googled it and see that i am not the only one recieving this letter. Well they got my hopes up of a minute. LOL oh well shred it when you get it aight.

• Do
      11th of Nov, 2008

My husband just received this check today too however it said its T.S.C Financial Services INC out of Canada and the check is from "The Second City, INC, from Chicago, IL. It was for 4490.00 and said he had won 250, 000. I then called the claims agent who is Mary Goodman and she said he had won because they work with WalMart, KMart, and Sears and which he does have a Sears/Kmart card and she said by using it he was entered into this sweepstakes... sounds similiar to all your stories...

• Br
      12th of Nov, 2008

Thank you for posting this site. I received this letter today and was immediately skeptical. Luckily, my parents taught me that what seems too good to be true usually is! Who can we report this too! Is it possible that the labels have some type of residual fingerprints on them? $250, 000 sure would have been nice (I have so many students loans!), but I'm glad that I didn't fall for this!

• De
      13th of Nov, 2008

I received mine today and like most people I could have used the money. But I reported it to the United States Postal Service because you can do it online and this is called mail fraud. Anyone who gets one of these letters should report it to USPS look on their site for postal inspectors. They will then have enough information to actually investigate. Also keep the letter and check in case they need it from you. ( It is evidence of the crime) Glad no one got hurt financially by these idiots, and remember God don't like ugly, so they have got it coming!

• Da
      13th of Nov, 2008

Hell, I'm in Texas and I got this letter today. Wow! I knew the Canadians were friendly but not that friendly. After reading everyones comments my suspicions were confirmed

Dang it!! There goes my years supply of beer!

• Mf
      13th of Nov, 2008

i also received a check for 4900.oo from north american sweepstakes . thank you for this site.it was tempting to cash

18th of Nov, 2008

Thanks for the info. I got my letter today, and I have actually entered sweepstakes lately. It still seemed to good to be true. My letterhead is A.C.B Financial Services, Inc. in Manitoba, Canada. My tax agent is Sara Smith. So the info is changing a little. The check is from Bank One in Texas.

• Ah
      18th of Nov, 2008

I just received one today AND I AM PISSED!!! I really want to know how they got my name and address. I really want to cash this check. I really need the money. Its very convenient how my car breaks down the day I receive the check. I wonder have you all thought about depositing it, letting it clear, withdrawing it and then closing the account. They deserve getting screwed over like they screwed us over. Since banks are accepting it!!! I just don't want to ruin my credit like that. BUT... I am very tempted...Let me know what you guys think!!