Swatch / swatch band broke on first wear - cheap quality and swatch didn't care

Catonsville, MD, US Review updated:

I bought my wife a Swatch Blue Quartz GM415 Watch as a gift. Once I gave it to her a few weeks after I purchased it, the strap broke on the first time my wife wore her watch. I took the watch to a store in the US and was told the Swatch warranty does not cover straps. He said I would need to buy a new one! The sales person even had the exact same watch in the store and I asked for an even swap, but he said it was not allowed according to policy and I would have to submit a grievance online. Zero customer service, no quality to the watches, I will never buy a Swatch again and suggest you do not either.

Ma
Mar 14, 2017

Comments

Mar 19, 2017

wow...I had the same problem...I just bought a watch and he band broke after two days...Who can I call or email to take care of this...is the company non responsive ? Please advise.

Joe S

• De
      Jun 06, 2017

@Joe S - broken watch band Were you told that the band was "not part of the watch's 2 year warranty?"

• De
      Jun 06, 2017

The clasp on the stainless steel mesh band of my new Swatch watch broke after a few weeks of wear. It doesn't stay closed and the watch falls off. Is this the same type of band you bought? Amazingly, when I called the Swatch store and Swatch headquarters, they say that the "band is not included in the watch's 2 year warranty." Does that make any sense to you? It's like telling the customer when the sole comes of his new shoes, "sorry, but the soles are not included in the warranty. Only the upper part is included."