Swarovski North America / exchange policy

Pleasanton, CA, United States Review updated:

On January 17, 2011, I called the Pleasanton Store to make sure it was ok to exchange (not return) a necklace I received from my boss the night before at our Christmas party. They said it was fine as long as it was in a box. When I got there, after being ignored by the sales people, I finally asked for the manager (Jeni Flores) who immediately told me that I could not exchange it because the box did not have an outside box with sku numbers on it. I explained that my boss would have removed that to give as a gift but that I didn't want him to know that the gift he chose for me was not my style (it's quite large), but it didn't matter what my argument. She was dismissive and even rude saying such things as I would be able to ask my boss for the receipt if I had received it from my boss, etc. She was so rude that I finally asked for the district managers name and phone numbers. After several messages and attempts to reach Shawn Stephens, we finally talked on Thursday January 5, 2012. She was adamant as well that the policy of the company states that there must be the correct box, etc. Even after explaining that perhaps he purchased many items (for all employees) and that the boxes got mixed up, she still held fast that this was the corporation's policy. Then what she suggested next really threw me for a loop. She told me that she would be happy to provide me with small boutiques names and numbers so that I could exchange it at one of those shops. I asked why I would make a small independent shop exchange an item that most likely wasn't even purchased there, when this huge corporation wouldn't even make an exception. She really had no answer to that. I know this woman was just doing her job, as she'd been instructed by this company but it is wrong. They should have honored an exchange when the product was clearly brand new, in a brand new box (although the wrong box) and their product. It will make me never purchase a Swarovski product, period.

Swarovski North America

Comments

• Ga
      Jan 09, 2012

AnnR.key obviously works for Swarovski. Duh

Jan 10, 2012

My comment on this complaint website is about a problem I shared regarding dealing with a business, in what I believed to be an appropriate forum. Your personal attacks are completely inappropriate.

Jan 10, 2012

Oh, I see you're from Warfield, Nebraska. That explains it. ;)

Jan 10, 2012

Wow, you midwesterns are hostile. Guess this is a good outlet for shut ins. ;)