Swansea / FreeMobiles4U.com / Mispresentation and lies

SD, United Kingdom Review updated:
4.1
Phoned me to offer a new contract with 3. During the contract talks they lied about different aspects of my existing phone contract and miss sold me the contract.

Now they deny everything they said and I am stuck with 2 phone contracts and they wont even return my calls.
Va

Comments

Ja
  19th of Dec, 2007
I have dealt with this company, they have treated me well throughout the 18 months contract... I have just renewed with them infact.
Gi
  10th of Jan, 2008
I have been trying to contact this company to return a phone ... which again they phoned me to offer their contract but I have not been able to get in touch with them. I have sent 3 emails with no reply and have phoned them on a number of occations only to be cut off while on hold.

I only had 14 days in which to cancel the contract and return the phone, but I have had it for 3 weeks with no address or reference number to return it to... this is the worst company I have TRYED to deal with.
Ge
  5th of Feb, 2008
I took out a contract with promises of cheap calls to my daughter in dubai it cost me a lot of money.they promised a repayment of contract fees for four month then said it was only two months and i had to wait eighteen month.they promised i would get good coverage because 3 used 02 airwaves ,lies.altogether not a happy start to a contract and of course stuck for eighteen months.
Ge
  3rd of Jul, 2008
This company is fantastic, i am about to renew my contract and wanted their number in order to call them, can't believe you people, they have been brilliant since day one!
Mi
  13th of Aug, 2008
I would also like to share my awful experience with freemobilephone4u.

The y called me to offer me their services and everything sounded so good that I accepted to change my current provided and have a contract with them.

First of all the handset arrived almost a week later (on a Tuesday) and when I turn it on I realized I had no coverage. I couldn’t even call costumer service. On the next day when I had top go to central London I called costumer service and the person who answered the phone was not helpful at all.

I kept trying to report the converge problem but there was no help at all from the company, they kept referring me to other numbers or hanging up on me.

By Friday I called once again, this time with the intention of cancelling my contract, as I did not want to deal with them anymore. I called 08700679900 and pressed the option 2 finally I got through a man. I explained that I wanted to cancel my service because there was no coverage; he took my details and said that it was not possible that I could not cancel the service. After me insisting he gave me another number (0870961830) as he said: what you say is not true, you do have coverage, call this number so they can check that.

I called the number, and a very pleasant woman answered the phone. After explaining the whole situation to her, she agreed with the fact my phone didn’t have any coverage in the area where I live and took the action of cancelling the service as well as the direct debit however she said that to cancel the contract I could only do it directly with the company and gave me this number: 08700679900.

I called that number and as usual someone answered without presenting themselves or the company. I explained the situation and that all I needed now was to cancel the contract. He said it was not possible because I had had the phone for more that a week which was not true because I received the phone the previous Tuesday. When I explained that he said that again I could returned the phone because I had used the phone, which was not true either because I had no coverage. By this point this man had already raised his voice and said things like: that is your bloody problem. I said: could you please transfer me to any of your superiors because you are not helping me and on the contraire you are being rude. He transferred be and said: don’t you ever called me again.

When is superior gets on the phone, I present myself and explain the situation and said that his employee (Daniel) had been very rude. He said: of course he was because all you foreigners come to this country just to claim benefits… etc. I said: that is a very racist comment of yours and I do not think is appropriate. He said: I don’t care, you know what, yes I am a racist and I hope all you foreigners go back to your countries.
Without loosing my patience I told him all I wanted was to return the phone and stop dealing with them. He said: OK, I will give you an address for you to return the hand set and stop calling us, Can you write in English?... and other abusive comments.
When he was spelling the post code which is OX11 7HB he spelled the last two letters with the word Horrible ### and finish the conversation saying: There you go, don’t you ever ###ing call again or any of your foreign friends.

ANY COMENTS?
Ma
  25th of Oct, 2008
I took a phone through this company in January (originally Freemobilesselect but registered with 3 as Freemobiles4u) in January this year, I declined insurance when asked but have just noticed they have been debiting my bank account every month since.
I have spoken to 3 and asked them to escalate my complaint as the company is unobtainable by phone No. 3 have (and as on web page).
I am now recording with my bank as a fraud.
Da
  2nd of Apr, 2009
I have found the after sales service excellent and cant speak highly enough of freemobiles4u and will certainly be renewing with them this year. I also reccomended a friend and was given a months free line rental
Ro
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Freemobiles4U ltd agreed to refund 3 months payments of my contract so that I switched early. They also said that I was entitled to £40 cashback. I sent in my bills and they said my claim was valid but would not pay this until the end of the 18 month contract.

I waited and that ended Dec 08. I am still to get any of the money as they say a third party pay the cash back and they have gone bust so tough.

I am in the process of taking this further. Anyone else who is waiting for cashback/ refund of monthly payments beware.
R1
  20th of Jul, 2009
I got a sony ericsson k770i in april 2008, by the december the screen was breaking intermittently as i had dropped it, showing up like 'snow' similar to when a tv has no reception. i sent 2 emails to freemobiles4u with no reply so eventually i rang them, explained the problem and they said it was a manufacturers fault, despite the fact it had first occured after i had dropped the phone, and my insurance covers accidental damage. The man on the phone spoke to me like i was an idiot after i attempted to raise the insurance issue, claiming that it was the fault of a manufacturer. eventually i just decided i could live with the problem and carried on as normal. On saturday i dropped my phone at work and the screen cracked, i sent 2 emails and again no reply. when i eventually got through to someone on the phone i was questioned about my 'numerous' other claims and was even accused of arguing with a member of staff on the phone previously. Eventually the member of staff claimed that to fix my screen would require a £50 administration charge, despite the fact i had paid £40 for insurance and was even told by the member of staff that it would cost around £25 to fix in a store. After asking what i had paid my insurance for if it owuld cost more to have my phone fixed the man said 'well your paying for insurance obviously' and said if i didnt want to pay that i would be entitled to an upgrade from 3 and be eligible to for a new contract from freemobiles4u in two months. i dont think il be taking up that offer.
icidentally, did anyone see freemobiles4u in the daily mirror some time last week on the scams page due to their offering of cashback which never materialises?