Suresky & Sons / not honoring factory warranty

1 Review updated:

On November 30, 2017 I purchased a 2017 RAM 1500 limited crew cab 4 x 4 from Suresky & Sons on 2 Hatfield Lane Goshen, NY 10924. For the first 7 months the vehicle seemed to be fine. On June 1, 2018 I parked the truck in my driveway of my home, took out my personal belongings from the front and rear of the truck and when I closed the rear door (like I have done countless times in the past) all THREE rear windows shattered. I notified Suresky the dealer who I purchased the vehicle from and they told me to tape up the rear inside/and outside of the window to prevent myself from getting injured from flying glass, and bring it to the dealership to survey the damage. The vehicle was brought in on June 5th to the service department and spoke with Tony Pitt the service advisor who arranged for me to get a rental car while my vehicle was in the shop. He notified me June 7th that the dealership and Chrysler have denied the repair through the factory warranty and they want me to pay $1666.00 to have the rear window replaced. I have owned this truck for 7 months and not only do we have a warranty but I purchased an extended warranty which they will not honor. It is unacceptable to me that I bought an EXTENDED warranty and Chrysler will not honor it and because this is such an expensive limited Longhorn crew cab truck I feel that the money spent on this vehicle and it's extended warranty should be honored. To me the fact that this vehicle scored a 4 out of 5 star safety rating from the NHTSA is appalling when the glass broke for no reason.

Al
Jun 08, 2018

Comments

• Al
      Aug 15, 2018
    Suresky & Sons - Service complaint
    Goshen
    New York
    suresky.com

I purchased a 2017 RAM 1500 and the rear window broke as a result of closing the doors. Suresky says it is not under warrantee but the truck is less than a year old.