Sure Point lending / dishonest/fraudulent company

9500 Ormsby Station Road Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:
4.25
Phone: 800-585-9005
THIS COMPANY CANNOT BE TRUSTED AT ALL.
I had submitted a refinancing search to lendingtree.com and Hash Krassi from lending tree was one of the loan advisor that contacted me. After getting his estimates on the refinancing and sending him all the paperwork he asked us to get an appraisal. He offered to get a rough estimate before we proceeded and came back saying that i should at least have 350000 for my house and thats why I agreed to get the apprsisal done. After the appraisal was done Hash the loan advisor vanished from the scene. He would not return my phone calls nor my emails. Then last night when I had told him that I will have to contact customer service he says my property appraised for 309000. I have lost faith in Surepoint and its loan advisors. I am putting a written complaint to BBB. Because of their untimely communications I have lost other refinancing opportunities.
Sm

Comments

Er
  17th of Feb, 2009
My husband and I were looking into refinancing our mortgage, and we decided to go through www.lendingtree.com. We received two offers, and we didn't end up using either, but we basically ran into the same thing with another SurePoint Lending advisor, Angela Hwang. We hadn't even agreed to work with them, we were entertaining several offers at the point, and she indicated that we would need an appraisal no matter who we went with, so we went ahead and did it. Little did we know that the way they did the appraisal, it wouldn't be transferrable to another company, and it was only later that we found out that we paid between $75 and $100 more than what the average FHA appraisal costs in our area. We would never get the same story from her from one day to the next. At one point, she said our rate was locked in, then later she said it was only locked in for three days (never told us that at the time), and later still, she said that the same initial rate was still locked in. We never received any sort of good faith estimate from them, and when I told her that, she indicated that it had been mailed. She verified the address with me, and we found out she didn't even have the correct address on file, but despite this, she didn't offer to resend the documents, even when I specifically asked that they be remailed or e-mailed to us. I could go on and on about all of the things that went wrong, as this is just the tip of the iceberg. When we told her we had decided to go with a local lender, she tried to pressure us to close with them because "I"ve put a lot of work into this", and "you're so close to closing, you'd lose money if you didn't". We already have lost money! My husband attempted to contact Angela's supervisor, Chris, but he was out of the office. Despite leaving several messages over several days, we still haven't heard back from this Chris person. I would strongly advise against even considering using SurePoint Lending.
Jo
  12th of Mar, 2009
Wow! This is nothing like the service me and wife received from Surepoint Lending. I applied on Lendingtree like many others.

I was called by 4 different companies, and i asked each one to email me an estimate of what was discussed on the phone. The ONLY company to send me something right away was Surepoint Lending. I was quoted a rate of 5.25%, but they actually got me a 5.0%!

The loan officer was upfront about everything, and did way better than was promised. I'm not sure what happened above, but Surepoint was the BEST experience I have had out of 5 Re-finances in my life. .

Take the above complaints for a grain of salt...I guess it just depends on who you work with at the company. Surepoint was great for us.

-J Allerson, VA
Mc
  6th of Apr, 2009
We had a similar situation with Surepoint. We had an agreement where our monthly payments would go down $500. We just wanted to refinance with no cash out but were told that our ebt to income ration had to be under 48% due to new guidelines and that could be done by taking cash out to pay off some other debts. All good. after the fact we are being told that our apprasal came in under expectations and our original mortgage payoff was more than I said it was (read off the mortgage statement). Because of this they were not able to pay off any of the debts (but we should e happy because we went 1 month with no mortgage payment.) Our loan officer says he told us but he did not because we would not have gone through with the loan.
Ma
  28th of May, 2009
I received a mortgage application packet from SurePoint in the mail for a mortgage which I did not apply. It was in someone else's name and is possibly a mistake or fraud. I have never done business with SurePoint. The date of birth on the application is 1/1/1900. Please beware this company.
Tj
  8th of Jun, 2009
Watch the bottom line.. surepoint lending states it is a lender with its own capital and that they are not a broker.

They charge lots and lots of extrea profit type fees. If you have a 5% lone.. and your APR is 5.998% like they tried to sell me... thats not a good deal.

The closing costs was peppered with over priced thrid party charges and over 4000 in lenderfees thats not counting points. over all the closing cost on the lone they tried to feed me was around 10, 000 on a 124, 000 loan
Ji
  22nd of Jun, 2009
I've quickly lost faith in Surepoints. They quoted a rate of 4.85 with no points and low fees. Much lower than any others that we talked to. They also said that the cost for an appraisal would be between 325 and 350. Once we told the person that we wanted to lock in the rate before the appraisal, they said they had to find out if they were allowed to. That was 4 days ago. We have not heard back from them since. We did hear from their appraisal company, they called to set up an appointment to come out. We told them we did not want them to come out until we heard back from Surepoints. We did ask how much it would cost for the appraisal and they told us $475. much higher than Surepoints said it would be. My ### detector is going off like crazy. Do not trust them unless you get everything in writing.
Ho
  4th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This place lies completely as their rates are not attainable!!!
Da
  21st of Sep, 2009
THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF LIES AND DISHONEST PEOPLE.

My loan adviser was Matthe Belden. He shortly contacted me after I filled out a online request for a refinance. He offered me a 5% 30 year fixed and everything seemed almost too good to be true. We were set to close in the middle of the month and Matthew advised me not to send in my current mortgage payment because we would close before it was due and it was a waste of money cause they would just reimburse me etc. I called him repeatedly as my due date was getting near and he finally responded on the day it was due to send it in because" My loan was taking longer to write than normal" Now I was stuck with the late payment and probably a adverse credit rating because I missed the payment!! After submitting numerous documents, jumping threw hoops, and having to layout the $450 for a appraisal he would not return my calls or emails for 10 days. Then out of the blue I get a email my loan was denied and I can call him if I have any questions. After writing several nasty emails I was finally able to get a copy of the appraisal. This company LIES SO BEWARE!!!
Mo
  27th of Sep, 2009
I work in the mortgage industry and I find the above complaints misleading, regardless of the lender. Some of the above complaints can't even be attributed to the lender. Appraisal values are not determined by the lender in any way shape or form. If your appraisal came in short, making your loan impossible, the loan officer is just as disappointed as you are. Is he filing a complaint against you or slandering your name on the internet for misrepresenting the value of your home? Nope, he knows that the market is tough and home values are dropping all over the country, making it impossible for thousands to refinance their homes.

Whether a 2nd, 3rd or 4th lender can use your original appraisal or not is also not the fault of the first lender. Different lenders have different requirements. Perhaps your 2nd lender wanted to sell you an FHA loan product, which would require an entirely different type of appraisal. (Or vice versa.)

A third complaint above is regarding the COST of the appraisal. Again, this is a third party charge beyond the control of your lender. (The lender can give you a "range", but he has no way of knowing what the true charge will be.) The appraiser determines the cost of his or her services. In many cases, the loan officer is not allowed to speak with the appraiser (nor have any contact whatsoever with him or her), in order to prevent the old "oh, come on, can't you give us a higher value so we can get this loan approved" request. Thus, how is he or she to know the final cost of your appraisal. He certainly can't negotiate the cost for you if he can't speak to him.

Additionally, today's borrowers are so "rate conscious" that they simply want a rate quoted in a quick call, without providing all of the necessary information. The above complaints failed to mention how they were quoted their rates. Were you asking them to tell you what they "think" they might be able to do for you... and then disappointed when you couldn't get that rate after your full situation was disclosed to the lender? Anyone can quote you a ballpark rate, but until they have a true appraisal, credit report, a list of your debts verses your income, etc. they can't quote YOUR rate or YOUR fees. (If your situation is difficult, you will have to pay higher fees and higher rates, because you are a higher risk to the investors on Wall Street. Again, nothing the lender can do about the ultimate decision maker: the investors.) A good faith estimate is simply that: an estimate. It can, and many times does, change throughout the loan process.

Finally, anyone with any kind of payment (credit card, car, mortgage, etc.) knows better than to skip a payment. It's true that you sometimes "skip" a payment on your mortgage, after refinancing. But, if your loan hasn't closed yet, it's NEVER a good idea to risk it and not make a payment on an existing obligation HOPING that your loan will fund before it's considered "late".
Su
  10th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I AGREE " THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF LIES AND DISHONEST PEOPLE".

If you carefully go through all the articles above and click on the names of the person writine the comment you'll quickly see that most of the positive results are from people that live in Kentucky.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE.
Dn
  12th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I AGREE " THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF LIES AND DISHONEST PEOPLE". I DO NOT RECOMMEND DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE.

THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF, or at least steal your $400.00 for a crappy appraisal, and give you hope that they can do something for you and totally waist your time.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. They do not know the laws in your state or the business. They are pups.
Le
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I refinanced in October of 2009 with Chad Boseker and we had a great experience. He was very kind and informative. The loan was better than promised when it came time to close. I would never think of purchasing or refinancing a home without utilizing Chad Boseker and Surepoint Lending!
Su
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have completed multiple purchases and refinances with Holly Brewer prior to working with Chad Boseker. She is fantastic! Chad and Holly are assets to Surepoint Lending and to the mortgage industry!
Sl
  3rd of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I unfortunately went with Surepoint in May 2008 and it has been a disaster. The most glaring fraud was taking my $4000 stated income and turning it into $8500!!! I should have been turned down for the loan I wanted. Simple as that. That is suppose to be the checks and balances of the system.

I too had a "birth date" of 1/1/1900 and found out that my home was built in 1999 after telling them I have lived in this home since 1983. (It was built in 1952. Something that could have been easily researched. Like by the highly paid appraiser.) The escrow papers were marked that the rate was a fixed rate and ended up with an ARM loan.

Oh, did I tell you that I am a disabled person with some mental issues as well as learning disabilities? I felt assaulted. I was applying for a loan modification about a year later.

The truth is that one's ethical requirements in doing business gets a bit murky when the dollar signs are crowding their vision. There has to be some recourse and I am searching some avenues toward that. My "account executive" was Tanya Seabrooks.
Lu
  6th of Feb, 2010
I refinanced back in early 2009 with Surepoint. The loan officer that helped me was Ryan Schneider and he was awesome. Right from the beginning he was extremely honest with me. He told me the pros and cons of the different loans we were looking at, he broke down my credit and gave me an honest opinion on all my options. My loan was a complicated due to the fact that my credit was not perfect and I had some issues that were not resolved. Ryan was a great help throughout the whole process. By the time we were done doing the loan, the closing costs were cheaper than originally quoted, my rate went from 5.25 to 5% and it only took about 3 weeks to close when everyone else was telling me between 5-6weeks to close. I would definitely recommend Surepoint and Ryan to anyone that is looking into doing a loan. I had an extremely positive experience with them.

Lucille Swanner
Da
  6th of Mar, 2010
My wife and I just refinanced our home in mass, and our loan officer was Josh Pinkerton from surepoint lending in ky.There were a few small obsticles during the process due to my employment, and financial records but other than that the loan went very smooth.Josh was kind and honest through the entire process.We would absolutely recomend dealing with Josh for your lending needs. (david keith)
Mi
  23rd of Mar, 2010
I strongly recommend avoiding Surepoint at all costs. My loan officer was Jonathan Belden, who was quick to promise me a refinance loan at 4.125% and then promptly disappeared after I sent in my tax returns. Definitely not to be trusted. Michael Edwards, New York
Ic
  25th of Mar, 2010
GREAT COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. I refinanced my home with SurePoint and dealt with Todd Huston in the Louisville, KY office. He was nothing but honest and straightforward throughout the entire process. I had no problems in contacting him either before or after the deal was closed. He completely understood my situation and went above the call of duty to take care of me. I highly recommend this company and, in particular, Mr. Huston. Everything went smooth and he did everything he said he would do. I'm completely satisfied and have recommended the company to all of my friends and co-workers. You will not be disappointed with the service you receive.
Rf
  25th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had similar experience. I was looking to refi - so i went to lending tree. Iann Carr from SurePoint contacted me within 12 hours - pressuring me to move ahead - i was in no rush. 2 days later i recieved a good faith estimate - even pulled my credit. I called Iann and asked why - since i was not ready, he wanted me to get my cash in 7 days - very pushy. I then reveiwed the paper work with him and caught him in several lies. All the fees on the estimate were lower than what they actually are - also the percent was lower than what he was going to give me once my credit report was viewed (which he pulled previous to typing this estimate up) Never do business with anyone that desperate especially a liar...
Dw
  29th of Apr, 2010
Surepoint is a complete fraud. Do not trust Charlie Darden. They intentionally drug out the underwriting process (really quite obvious in retrospect...) then claimed it was going to cost me an additional $2000 to keep the rate they had given me - without giving me a heads up! There was no way I was going to do that. I didn't even need to refinance but decided why not with 30 year rates in mid to upper 4's. Needless to say, the first thing they wanted was an appraisal and I am out that money despite the fact it is completely their fault it did not go through. If you want to keep your money you better not deal with this company and this jokester Darden - full of lies and misdirection!!