supreme brands - vital acai / Vital Acai

1 La Jolla, CA 92037La Jolla, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (888) 513-5775

VITAL ACAI

VITAL ACAI

WOULD NEVER ORDER FROM SUPREME BRANDS or VITAL ACAI again...

STAY AWAY FROM VITAL ACAI - SUPREME BRANDS!!!

More supreme brands - vital acai Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      7th of May, 2009

I too was scammed. I started calling within 12 days to cancel and the number that was on the packaging was not correct. When I got the number that was linked to the purchase through my bank, the phone just rang and rang after the electronic message menu prompted. They charged my card the full price and will not refund it. Also, this company is not based in the United States, so you will be charged international fees. I cancelled my card! Stay away from this company!!!

• De
      24th of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you are upset at our company and believe you were scammed - I do need to address many claims in your complaint, however, as they are patently false:

"I ordered a 15 day trial of Vital Acai after seeing it advertised on line. To my surprise an $85.36 charge showed up on my bank account. I called immediately and asked them to take the charge off. I had a package from them that I did not open and marked refused. I sent the package back through the mail to them. When I called, they said that if you do not call within the 15 day trial period they will keep charging your account and THEY HAVE NO REFUND POLICY PERIOD. "

Our terms and conditions are listed repeatedly on our website, including on the order page in clear, visible english. You have to check a box stating "I accept the terms and conditoins" or your order will not be able to process.

The terms do state that what you are signing up for is a free 15-day trial where you will be sent a one-month supply of product for only shipping and handling fees, and have 15 days from the date it is shipped to determine if it is the right product for you. If you are unhappy with the product just contact our 24/7 customer service department to close your account withint he trial period and you will not be billed or shipped anything else. If you are happy with the product do nothing and when your 15-day trial ends you will be billed for the original shipment at it's regular price.

The terms also state "Please be aware that we do not accept returns on products that have been shipped" (as we do not re-sell shipped products due to tampering concerns).

These terms are sent to you in a confirmation email immediatly after you order and are listed on a product insert that are sent out to you with the product.

You did agree to these terms when you ordered - it is not our fault that you failed to read them when you signed up, when you were emailed, or when you got the product. They were repeatedly presnted to you as a courtesy and you did agree to them when signing up for the trial, so to say you were scammed is disingenous at best.

If you failed to call us and close your account and just sent the package back return to sender, we would have no way of knowing that you wanted to cancel your account as the package would be sent back to a shipping warehouse; as we don't re-sell shipped products due to tampering concerns your package would be discarded at this point. This is why we list in our terms that we do not offer returns on shipped products and that you need to call our 24/7 hot-line to close your account; once again, you willfully chose to ignore these terms yet you did agree to them.

"VITAL ACAI - DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY - IT IS A SCAM. They do not stand behind their products and have very dishonorable business practices. If you want to order a trial, use a money order or check so they cannot continue to charge you fraudulently. "

What we are offering is a "Free Trial" which is a time-sensitive test with conditions; many people like yourself have chosen to view this as a "Free Sample, " which is an outright gift, when that is not the case. We do not use the term "Sample" anywhere on our site or advertising and we do list terms and conditions in clear, visible language that you can reference.

We do stand behind our products which is why we are willing to offer a free trial to customers - this only stands as a testament to the fact that we do believe in our product.

We do not offer trials by money order or check as the entire point of the trial is that it is a "good faith trial" - we need to be able to bill a customer if they choose to keep the trial and go over their 15 days. If a customer wants to purchase a product out-right by ordering by check or moeny order this is fine - they just need to contact us at our 24/7 customer service center at (866) 899-9006.

Devin
    Customer Service Manager

• La
      12th of Jan, 2010

Myself and my spouse ordered the Acai diet free samples too. Once the order was placed we received calls for one week solid, we were harassed morning, noon and throught the night by callers wanting to verify our mailing info and offer us a Wal Mart cards, a fuel card MyKeyDiscounts, QuikTrim and Mydining have withdrawn from each of our accounts causing NSF to be charged to our bank accounts which are separate. Mine alone has reached $249.00 just for the free sample of the Acai. My bank is currently investigating. I have called the companies disputing that I even agreed to this or know who they are and was told that upon hitting agree to terms for the Acai that I also agreed to have these companies withdraw money. The Acai company has refunded me the money and canceled the order. I called Supreme Brands and spoke with Tracy who told me its up to the consumer to read the fine print and cancel after x amount of days and I didn't. She canceled the order, but refused to refund me my money.

• De
      12th of Jan, 2010

Dear Ladkins,

I'm very sorry to here about your current situation and would be happy to investigate it further - if you could send me a private message with your account information (i.e. name, email, etc.) I would be happy to research what happened and contact you to discuss/resolve.

After a customer places an order with us, we attempt to contact them over the next few days - this is done as a courtesy to verify that the order is valid and confirm we have an accurate shipping address. At the time of that call, we very well may offer you discounts on other programs and products, which you can choose to accept or decline. Once we have spoken to you we will not contact you again (as we have already verified your order).

Please do send me a private message with some of your account information (i.e. name, email, etc.) so that I can research it and follow back up with you.

Devin

Customer Service Manager

• Ge
      18th of Feb, 2010

In the last 2 month there was $11.98 taken of my creditcard by MYKEYDISCOUNTS.COM DELR
    I never got anything by mail or do not know what this is.
    If somebody can enlighten me or know how I can get this cmpany to stop charging my creditcard please HELP!!
    Thanks, GV