Supreme Brands LLC / false advertisement

1 941 Pearl StLa Jolla, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-513

Advertised as free and then card charged $78.91. Do not order from this company. No one will answer their toll free number- you are just on hold. I have been on hold over an hour at this point!

Comments

• Je
      16th of Jan, 2009

I actually spoke with someone is said that I could get a refund less 25% re-stocking fee. They say that you have a 14 free trial, but know that nothing will happen in 14 days and so they charge your account. The customer service representative laughted and said you did not actually believe that you were going to get something for free. Before the order was even completed they had already charged my account, and sent out the order for January. These folks need to be stopped and I hope soon.

• Ro
      26th of Jan, 2009

They did the same thing to me, but no one answers their customer service # as the first complaintant said. THEN they sent me today another month's supply. I immediately changed my acct. # so they can't bill me again but they got away with $147.82! We should get a class action suit against these crooks.

• Be
      26th of Jan, 2009

I have been trying for 2 months to get someone on the phone, but the call will not even go through. I get a sound on the phone line that seems that the number has been disconnected. I've tried to email the company with no results. I've refused the package at the post office and had it returned to the company, but they are still sending the charging my account. How can I get this to stop???

23rd of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

We do not advertise or offer a "free sample" which is a gift; we are offering a "free trial" which is a time-sensitive test with terms and conditions.

The terms and conditions are listed on the order page in clear, visible language. You must check a box stating "I accept the terms & condtiions" or when you attempt to submit the order it will fail.

The terms state that what you are signing up for is a free 15-day trial offer where you will be sent a one-month supply of product and have 15-days to determine if it is the right prodcut for you. If you are unhappy with the product, just close your account and you will not be billed or shipped anything else. If you are happy with the product then do nothing and at the end of your 15-day trial period you will be billed for the shipment at the original price; as long as your account remains open we will continue to bill you for and send you a new one-month supply every 30 days from your original order date so you never run out of supplements.

I'm sorry you had difficulty contacting us; during the month of December 2008 we were transitioning to a 24/7 customer service center and because of this call times became very delayed. I'm very sorry about this but the delays were unavoidable.

Our 24/7 customer service center has been up and running since the middle of December at (866) 899-9006 and hold times are under 1 minute. If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact us at your convenience.

• Sh
      27th of Jul, 2009

Devin,

"In addition to listing these terms on the order page, they are also sent to you immediately after ordering in an emai confirmation and are shipped out to you with your product on a product insert."

I'm sorry but your argument just doesn't ring true to me. I ordered your product, ColoTrim, on May 26, 2009, but when I submitted the order I was notified that my credit card had been rejected. I took this to mean that the order did not go through. Was I wrong to assume this? Apparently!

After clearing up the problem with my credit card company which turned out to be a fraud alert due to the attemped purchase of your product, I did some research, discovered all of the complaints against your company, Supreme Brands, and decided NOT to purchase your product.

I NEVER received an email from you, nor did I receive the product. Imagine how surprised I was to see the charges on my credit card statement. I called the number listed on my statement only to be told that I should have cancelled within the 14 day trial period. I refer you to the first sentence in this paragraph: I NEVER received an email from you, nor did I receive the product so how could I know that I needed to call to cancel? Yes the $1.95 for shipping & handling did show up on my May statement but it was such a small amount that I simply overlooked it. However, having received no confirmation that the order even went through in the first place and having received no product, I don't understand how you can say that the terms of the "Contract" have been met by you.

30th of Jul, 2009

Dear SheriK,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience - it seems very strange that your credit card would be rejected but the order would be processed. It is even stranger that you did not receive a confirmation email as our system is configured to automaticlly generate an email confirmation for each new order - if you did not get an email and your order went through, that means one of the following:

1. You provided an invalid email so it could not be delivered to that address
    2. The email was marked as spam by your email service and deleted without you realizing this

Otherwise, the email would have been sent out the moment the initial charge was placed on your card (it is action-based email generation system).

The best way to resolve this would be to contant our customer service hot-line at 866-899-9006; we are open 24/7 so please call when it is convenient for you so we can research this. If your shipment was not properly sent out and delivered we will certainly refund you in full.

"I have to ask, Devin, how does it feel to work for a company that runs such an impressive scam on unsuspecting citizens in this time of great tribulation? You might want to consider the effects of Karma!"

I'm sorry you feel this way - however, if we were running a scam why would I take the time to repsond to complaints such as these and attempt to resolve them amicably?

We would be more than happy to investigate your account and issue you a refund if you are due one, but you need to give us the oppurtunity to do that by calling the 24/7 customer service department.

• Kn
      12th of Aug, 2009
    Supreme Brands LLC - rip off
    Louisiana

this comany did the same to me...after a free trial for the product the woman told me if i am satisfied to call her and ill decide whether i want the keep receiving the product...if this company does not refund my money i will report it

18th of Aug, 2009

Dear Customer,

I do not understand your complaint or how to resolve it as you did not give any details regarding your situation - the best way to resolve a dispute is to contact our customer service department at 866-221-8822 between 7AM and 7PM CST.

• Ta
      26th of Jan, 2010

OK- I just tried to call the supposed "hot line"... it immediately clicked and went to a busy signal like it wasn't a valid number. I already called my card company and asked them to suspend alll activity until I clear this up. Total inconvenience to me because now I cannot use my own card for anything. They sent me the product eventhough I suspended my account. I want to get as far away from this as possible. I haven't even opened theses Knight Sticks and I don't plan to after reading all of these reviews. Should I mail the package back or will it matter?

27th of Jan, 2010

Dear TalualaJane,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you have had difficulty contacting us, so I would like to provide assistance. Unfortunately we have had such a tremendous response to our trial offer that we are being bombarded with calls; we are currently adding agents to drastically reduce hold times and have opened up email support as well.

If you could please send me a private message or respond to this post with some account information, I would be happy to locate your account and contact you directly to provide further assistance.

Please do contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

• Uo
    Supreme Brands LLC - rip off customer
    Alabama

Husband responded to survey that stated was for Regions Bank. Did free offer at end as they promised. Our account was billed $99.00 and then we received the cartridges for the electronic cigarettes and was billed $59.99. When I called Supreme Brands to tell them we were sending them back, I was told that they could not be returned that they did not do refunds. I told them we were getting a different credit card so no more charges could be done by them and the rep tried his best to talk me out of cancelling the card. That tells me that they would send more stuff and charge my card even after we cancelled the offer.
    Don't do anything with Supreme Brands, They will only rip you off and then say sorry.

• Ll
      26th of Feb, 2010

i got the same called put on hold for about 1 hr, i still have the 3 packages of electronic smokes.this was for my son, i dont even smoke.

• Ll
      26th of Feb, 2010

the only differance these people take money from your account, hide behind numbers and rob you.jessey james used a gun.i have tried to call .1 866 221 8822, you then are put on hold, and wait for about an hour, you get tired and hang up.THIS IS AS FAR AS YOU CAN GO.I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE NUMBER FOR THE ATTONERY GENERAL OF IOWA

• He
      11th of Mar, 2010

Dear Consumer,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty contacting our customer service department - I have checked our customer service number of 1-877-889-6264 (8AM to 7PM CST, Mon-Fri) and confirmed it is up and working with an average hold time of 1 to 2 minutes, so please do try and call again as it should not take more than a minute or two to get someone on the line.

If you are unable to reach a representative by phone we do list email support on our website under the "CONTACT" link at the bottom of the page - simply go to http://www.secureordertrack.com/secure/knightsticks/contact.html and follow the email hot-link to contact us that way (we do respond to all emails within 24-48 business hours).

Or you can send me a private message on this site with some of your order information (i.e. Order #, Name, etc.) and I will be happy to pull your information and contact you to assist you.

Sincerely,
    Yashica

Supreme Brands, LLC Complaints Department

22nd of Oct, 2010

My boyfriend wanted to order this and I warned him about all these so called " free offers...just pay shipping " only to have them keep charging your card. I told him to use his PRE PAID VISA card, and ONLY put the total amount for shipping on it, nothing more. That way, they CAN'T take any more money out, and you have just beaten them at their own game ! Do this for pretty much anything you order, if you aren't sure and READ THE FINE PRINT ALWAYS !!!