Supreme Brands, LLC / debit account after receving free sample

Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
4.8
Phone: 904-859-0857
Tried calling to cancel any further deliveries after receiving a free sample of acai product. This product was suppose to be free. The only charge was to be for shipping.
I was kept on hold for 30 minutes.
Be

More Supreme Brands, LLC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ro
  8th of Dec, 2008
The company's website is very misleading and many would label it as a clear case of entrapment. at the top it boldly states try it for free! in smaller print it states "just pay $4.95 s&h" in larger print it urges hurry up!

A large box headed free trial offer is right up near the page top and there are boxes for name, address, ect., followed by a blue button boldly labeled order.

Nice design if that was all there was to it. most would willingly pay the small shipping and handling fee. however, there are outrageous hidden charges and conditions. there is a small link at the bottom of the page, but most people would have already ordered with all the hype at the top of the page.

This deceptive advertising. shame on you!
Se
  18th of May, 2009
Dear consumer,

When placing an order, all customers are required to check the box that confirms to us that they have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of their trial offer. prior to completing the sale transaction, no orders can be processed without accepting the terms and conditions which are listed next to the order information and clearly explains the following:

The 15-day trial period starts from the date the order is shipped (not received). this information is stated in the terms and conditions, on the order page, on their sales receipt, on an enclosed insert with every trial package and in a delivery confirmation that is emailed to each customer upon the shipment of their order.

If the customer is not satisfied with the product they are required to contact the supreme brands customer service department within the 15-day trial period to cancel their auto-ship program (our customer service department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). if the customer is enjoying their product, then they do not have to do anything and at the end of their 15-day trial period they are charged the value rewards price (which is stated on their terms and conditions) for the original shipment. approximately 30 days from their original purchase date and every 30 days thereafter they are to be sent another 1 month supply of the product, and the credit card on file would be billed the value rewards price, plus shipping and handling.

I hope this information will help, however if you need additional assistance, please contact our customer service department anytime at 866-899-9006, thank you.

Sean
Customer service manager
Ca
  8th of Jul, 2009
I try calling your company and is alway busy, I 'v been receive funny changes on my credit card. And the product is not working. I would like to cancel
De
  30th of Jul, 2009
Our 24/7 hot-line is fully staffed and has hold times of only 1-2 minutes (at most).

Please call 866-899-9006 for immediate assistance.

Devin
Customer Service Manager
De
  30th of Jul, 2009
Dear Customer,

We offer exactly what we advertise: a "free trial", not a "free sample."

We are not giving away products for $4.95 - that is the shipping and handling fee paid to have the product sent out to you. If you are enjoying the product and wish to keep receiving it we will bill you when your 15-day trial period ends. If you are not enjoying the product you just need to cancel your account within the 15-day trial period.

The charges are not hidden and neither are the terms and conditions - they are displayed in clear, visible English in text that is the same size as the text on the rest of the page. Additionally, these terms and conditions are sent to you in a confirmation email immediately after ordering.

We cannot stop people from ordering our trial without reading the terms and conditions that are clearly displayed multiple times and sent to you in a confirmaiton email; additionally, our site repeatedly lists a 24/7 customer service hot-line so you can call in with any questions.

Willful ignorance is not deceptive advertising.

Devin
Customer Service Manager
Sa
  12th of Oct, 2009
that is a fake number, i have called it several times from several different phones and it's always out of order, this whole thing is one giant scam and I am currently submitting a report to the BBB along with many others
To
  22nd of Oct, 2009
I just called that number and got through
To
  22nd of Oct, 2009
The number is actually 1-866-221-8822 7am to 7pm CST Monday thru Friday
Ro
  17th of Nov, 2009
I cancelled my ofder within the 15 days and the reuse to give me my mney back. I want a $79.90 refund!!!
Si
  25th of Jan, 2010
This calling within 15 days is a bunch of bull. It is all bogus. I tried to call 866-221-8822 I was on hld for over an hour and never did getto talk to anyone. Then I got on the internet and found another no.866-899-9006, this no. is disconnected. I wish I would have thoought and looked thisup ojn the internet befor ordering them. The cigs. actualy made me VERY sick. I threw up till I was so week I couldnt move. The last thing I need is more of them. I want it canceled. I dont want the money back that I already spent but I do not want any more taken out of my account
Ja
  30th of Jan, 2010
I have been through almost the same experience. I however was able to cancel my order after receiving the trial bottle but was than billed for 2 more reg size bottles for $85.96 canadian and never did receive them. This was for a weight loss drug called Phendrexin XR . The trial was supposed to be just shipping and handling which they charged my card for twice and than I never received the other two bottles even though they were paid for. The customer service dept said they couldn't track packages in canada so I paid $9.95 twice plus the $85.96 for product I never received and all I got was one trial size bottle. Talk about feeling ripped off. I suggest you dont use their site for any of their products. Oh and as far as trying to reach a manager there really is no way. I am very upset and disappointed with the way they handle their business, their complaints and treat their customers. Sincerely Disappointed Canadian
Ma
  22nd of Feb, 2010
i will agree with you free sample means free sample i just a a pkg in the mail the i did not order and they will not return them what can we do about this. that is stealing money from my bank account