Supreme Brands / Colotrim / Colotrim/Supreme Brands/XpertHealth

1 MN, United States Review updated:

Do Not Use This Product … After initial purchase (where you only pay for shipping) you are put on an auto program and billed $79.90. I never received initial product, nor any subsequent products, however I was billed. When I contacted company via their “free number” I was told their computers showed I had never received it yet they never refunded the money.

This is a SCAM … buyer beware!!!

Su

Comments

• El
      28th of Apr, 2009

BEWARE !!! SCAM !!!
    I SENT E-MAIL AFTER E-MAIL AFTER E-MAIL, AND I CALLED TO CANCEL WITHIN DAYS AFTER RECEIVING THIS PRODUCT YET I GOT CHARGED FOR A PRODUCT I CAN NOT USE BECAUSE OF SIDE AFFECTS. AFTER BEING CHARGE $78.91 PLUS $1.00 I CALLED AGAIN, ( DIFFERENT NUMBER THIS TIME ) JUST TO BE TOLD THAT I HAD NOT CANCELED WITHIN THE 12 DAYS ALLOWED, IT TOOK A WEEK TO RECEIVE IT, TRIED IT, AND ON THE THIRD DAY I INFORMED THEM TO CANCEL, WELL GEE I GUESS THEY CAN'T COUNT BECAUSE THAT WAS WITHIN THE 12 DAYS. I INFORMED THEM THAT I HAD CONTACTED THE BANK AND IF THE MONEY WAS NOT PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT I WOULD FILE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES WITH MY BANK, AND ALSO CONTACT THE BBB.

24th of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you believe you were scammed by our company - if you never received your trial and you were billed for it (and the USPS delivery records show it was not delivered) then we will certainly refund you in full - please contact our 24/7 customer service department at (866) 899-9006 so we can investigate this situation for you.

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2009

That is not true. They will not work with you and they are very rude. BEWARE...

20th of Aug, 2009

Dear Casscath,

As I had stated in the other thread you posted in, you are entiteld to your opinion but that does not make you "correct" in your claims.

I'm not sure what your situation is but I would be happy to address it personally if you contact me through a private messge.

28th of Aug, 2009

I had the same problem! These people should be put out of business! They advertise in big letters how the offer is introductory and free except for shipping and "risk free" -- I saw NOTHING about 15 days to cancel (probably in small print!) They are unsavory and insisted they tried to get in touch with me and now are sending my account for collection but I NEVER had a phone call or e-mail from them. This is a scam and I am reporting them to the BBB.

28th of Aug, 2009

Dear Mary,

There is only so much information that can be put in an advertisement - what we are offering is a "Free Trial Offer" which contains terms and condtiions which outline the program. We cannot list all the terms and conditions of the program on a banner advertisement - this is why the ads re-direct to our webiste which explains everything about the program in detail.

If you signed up for the program and believe you were misled then you need to accept responsibility for the fact that you repeatedly ignored the terms and conditions that are listed all over our sites and sent directly to you - we cannot stop people from signing up for our program while repeatedly ignoring critical terms that are presented to them.

If you click on one of our ads you will be re-directed to our website - the website REPEATEDLY lists the terms and conditions of the program so that customers are aware of what they are signing up (as some people mistakenly assume "Free Trial" means "Free Sample" when they are two different concepts - a trial is a time-sensitive test and a sample is a gift). This text is not in "small print" - if you click the terms and conditions link it will open up a new window for you to review or on the page where you finalize your order they are listed in clear visible lanaguage next to the "SUBMIT" button.

In addition to listing the terms and conditions repeatedly on our website, including on the page where you finalize your order, the terms and conditions are sent to you in an email confirmation immediatley. We would not list the terms repeatedly and send them to you in an email confirmation if we did not want you to be aware of what we are offering.

If you were sent an email from "Collections" then this means that our system is showing your account failed out when you exceeded the 15-day trial without properly closing your account - you are required to close the account within the 15-day trial period or you will be billed for the shipment. If we could not bill you for the shipment then you have violated the terms and conditions and have basically stolen our product.

Our system sends 3 emails over the course of a month letting a customer know that we are unable to bill them and they need to contact us and update their billing information - so you were sent 3 emails that you ignored before your account was sent to Collections.

The best way to resolve this situation would be to contact the number provided you in the email to review your account and determine what happened - if you wish to contact the BBB that is your perogative., our company does have an excellent relationship with the BBB and a B+ rating.

• Oh
      16th of Dec, 2010

Honestly, Devin, you show yourself on all of these message boards as kind of a bad person, and I wonder if you feel bad about yourself when you go home at night, even just a little bit bad, in the pit of your bad stomach. I googled 'colotrim scam' and came up with multiple boards filled with complaints, all of which you've answered with nothing but contempt for your customers (for such they very reluctantly are, to the tune of hundreds of dollars, actually -- often with no product to show for it -- you should be thanking them!)

I am a customer. I read the fine print. The short of it: day after day, I kept not receiving my product, so I kept not canceling. After all, perhaps the fine print does say shipment date, but I thought, this can't be: I wasn't told when it shipped, or given tracking information. They wouldn't be that shady, right, as to not want me to KNOW when the 15 days were up, exactly? And besides, I thought, even if I'm sure it's shipment date, not received date, why would I cancel before I receive this MIRACLE product, even if it's not within 15 days? They wouldn't be shady enough to WANT me to very sensibly wait to RECEIVE and TRY the product before cancelling, so that they could ensure that said receipt was past the 15 day cancellation period. And charge me through the nose for it. Right?

So I, really and truly naive, waited, thinking: if I want to cancel, I'll cancel after I receive the product. I NEVER received the product. After 15 days, surprise, my bank account was charged. When I called your army of drones, Devin (drones who also must feel bad about themselves, if they even understand what they're doing), I was told that USPS records showed delivery, though I was never shown these records, and that therefore their 'hands were tied' (one of your favorite terms, Devin). So I cancel my debit card, and trudge on.

So, Devin? Yeah? I call b**s**t. Even if I wouldn't win in court, this is unconscionable. You say on one of the boards, Devin, that your company has done nothing illegal or unethical. Illegal perhaps not, though it should be. Unethical, certainly. Any company that wanted consumers to actually try their product in a free trial, and believed they'd start buying on their own; a company who didn't want to start surreptitiously charging them for subsequent products before they have received the initial one, would have a cancellation policy based on the RECEIVED date, not the ship date. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the company would institute a transparent shipping system whereby both parties knew and could verify exactly when the product was received (electronic tracking, signing for receipt, etc.), or even if you like, shipped.

If you weren't trying to scam your customers, you wouldn't need such 'fine print'. Period. Companies can thrive within cultures of transparency. Honest.

Your answer will be canned; it will be rude although you'll say it's not; it will show the level of absolute shyster depravity on which your company in built. A quick for-example: you actually, with unbelievable, jawdropping smugness, told a consumer who used her credit card company correctly to stop payment on one of your charges, that 'your hands were tied' now that she'd so stupidly gone to her card company, but that, no big deal, you don't care, because 'we very rarely lose these kinds of cases' (read: we have dealt with these before). Nice work flaming her, customer service manager.

So fire away, insult me and my consumer idiocy.

• Er
      30th of Dec, 2010

Their customer service is EXTREMELY rude!!!