Supreme Brands / Unauthorized charges

I ordered the Vital Acai and wasn't told that the 15 day trial periods starts when the order is placed not after the merchandise is received. I called the company and asked them to reverse the charges of $78.91 and they refused. I even offered to return the merchandise since I hadn't even opened it and was told they don't accept returned merchandise. They only offered to refund me half of my money back and I refused their offer. So I called my bank and started a dispute and I was told that this company has swindled many people with their false and misleading advertising. My bank advised me to file a complaint. So I did. My advice IS DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. PERIOD!!!

To

More Supreme Brands Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ge
      3rd of Jan, 2009

I ordered a free sample of Acai product and after trying, I decided against continuing use, I called within the time limit given and was left on hold for 30 minutes. I do not want to be charged for any further shipments they may decide to send. I cannot believe that such horrific scams can be possible.

I have found that I am not the only one complaining about this organization.

Shame, Shame!

• Bi
      31st of Mar, 2009
    Supreme Brands - Huge rip off
    Supreme Brands
    supreme.com

4.95 free trial, hahahahaha, how about 85.00 for a month, oh and wait they charged me twice ! When I called them to tell them I had canceled two weeks prior they just continued to argue with me stated I had not. Well an 85.00 lesson not to order online, but this company is a HUGE ripoff!

23rd of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you experienced such difficulty in contacting us - during the month of Dcember in 2008 we transitioned to a 24/7 customer service center.

Because of this transition, call times were unavoidably delayed - I'm very sorry that we were not able to meet the level of customer service that customer's expect or we require due to this transition.

Our 24/7 customer service call center has been up and running since December of 2008 and call times were under a minute as of late January - if you have questions please contact us at (866) 899-9006 when it is convenient for you.

I do have to contend with your claim that you ordered a "free sample" of acai; this indicates that you did not read the terms and conditions that you agreed to and that were repeatedly presented to you. We are not offering a "sample" which is a gift; we are offering a "trial" which is a time-sensitive test with conditions. There is a BIG difference which is why we repeatedly list terms and conditions which you must agree to if you wish to finalize your order with us.

23rd of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry that you feel you were misled - however, I must contend with many of the claims stated above:

"I ordered the Vital Acai and wasn't told that the 15 day trial periods starts when the order is placed not after the merchandise is received"

When placing an order, all customers are required to CHECK the box that confirms to us that they have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of their trial offer. Prior to completing the sale transaction, no orders can be processed without accepting the terms and conditions which ARE LISTED NEXT TO THE ORDER INFORMATION AND CLEARLY explains the following:

The 15-day trial period starts from the date the order is SHIPPED(not received). This information is stated in the terms and conditions, on the order page, on their sales receipt, on an enclosed insert with every trial package and in a delivery confirmation that is emailed to each customer upon the shipment of their order.

If the customer is not satisfied with the product they are required to contact the Supreme Brands customer service department within the 15-day trial period to cancel their auto-ship program ( Our customer service department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). If the customer is enjoying their product, then they do not have to do anything and at the end of their 15-day trial period they are charged the Value Rewards price (Which is stated on their Terms and Conditions) for the ORIGINAL SHIPMENT. Approximately 30 days from THEIR original purchase date and every 30 days thereafter they are to be sent another 1 month supply of the product, and the credit card on file would be billed the Value Rewards price, plus shipping and handling.

"I even offered to return the merchandise since I hadn't even opened it and was told they don't accept returned merchandise. They only offered to refund me half of my money back and I refused their offer."

Our terms and conditions also explicitly state "Please note we do not accept returns on products that have been shipped" - this is because we do not re-sell shipped products due to tampering concerns. If you had not ignored the terms when you signed up for the trial and agreed to them you would have been aware of this.

We empathized with your situation and were willing to refund you for half of the product when we did not have to - in my opinion this is going above and beyond the typical customer service experience as you will typically be told in these situations "I'm sorry, please read the terms and conditions."

"So I called my bank and started a dispute and I was told that this company has swindled many people with their false and misleading advertising."

That is your right to do so as a consumer - however, it is our right as a company to point out that this statement above is unfounded and false - we do not offer or advertise a free sample (which is a gift), we offer a free trial (which is a time-sensitive test with conditions). We repeatedly list terms which you must agree to, and we take the liberty to email you the terms and send them with your product as a reminder.

It takes willful ignorance to be unaware of these terms after you have received the product.

24th of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you feel you were ripped-off by our company - however, after reading your complaint it is apparent that you did not read the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up for our trial offer.

Our terms and conditions are listed repeatedly on our website, including on the order page in clear, visible English. You have to check a box stating "I accept the terms and conditoins" or your order will not be able to process.

The terms do state that what you are signing up for is a free 15-day trial where you will be sent a one-month supply of product for only shipping and handling fees, and have 15 days from the date it is shipped to determine if it is the right product for you. If you are unhappy with the product just contact our 24/7 customer service department to close your account withint he trial period and you will not be billed or shipped anything else. If you are happy with the product do nothing and when your 15-day trial ends you will be billed for the original shipment at it's regular price.

These terms are sent to you in a confirmation email immediatly after you order and are listed on a product insert that are sent out to you with the product.

You did agree to these terms when you ordered - it is not our fault that you failed to read them when you signed up, when you were emailed, or when you got the product.

If you had canceled prior to when you were billed, we would be more than happy to investigate the situation and refund you if that is the case - you should have been sent an email confirmation when you canceled as proof of cancellation, so if you can provide that to us as proof that your account was closed before you were billed we will certainly refund you.

Or you can just provide us with the number you called in on to cancel - our cusotmer service department uses advanced technology that records all incoming numbers in a database (even if the caller hangs up). We can search our database for this number as proof that you had called in before you were billed, and if that is the case we will certainly refund you.

Please call our 24/7 customer service staff at (866) 899-9006 with either a copy of the cancellation email or the phone number you called in on. Once we can verify you were improperly billed, we can then refund you in full.

• Vi
      11th of Nov, 2009
    Supreme Brands - Rip off company
    Supreme Brands
    supreme.com

I have been trying to reach someone on the phone to cancel order. When i finally did. They told me they would cancel and my account would not be charged, but it was. I am a single mom and i wanted to try this advertisements but i didn't think they would be a rip off and they are. I would just like my money back.

13th of Nov, 2009

Dear Victoria,

I'm not sure why you would have had difficulty contacting us - our customer service number is listed in the following places:

1. On every single page of our website
    2. In the terms and conditions
    3. On the receipt page where you are given your order confirmation number
    4. In an email confirmation that is sent to you when your order is finalized
    5. On a product invoice that is shipped out to you with your product
    6. On the actual bottles of product you are sent

As the number is so easy to locate and is given to you so many times there really should be no difficutly in all in contacting us (our customer service hours are now Monday to Friday, 9AM to 9PM EST).

If you had called in to cancel your account you would have been told that the account was now closed and you would not be charged ANY FURTHER - if you had already been charged prior to your cancellation call, then it was within the confines of the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up for the trial. We would never tell a customer who was billed they were not billed (as there would be no point in doing this - the customer would find out they were billed and dispute the charge with their bank), so you might have mis-heard what the customer service representative was telling you.

If you could send me a private message regarding your situation I would be happy to investigate it for you - however, please be aware that we do not respond kindly when being referred to as a "rip-off" or "scam."

We do list detailed terms and conditions that a customer must agree to in order to sign-up for the trial. These terms are listed in the following areas:

1. On every single page of our websites at the bottom
    2. In the center of the order confirmation page (where you enter your billing information and hit submit to finalize the order)
    3. On the receipt page where you are given your order number
    4. In an email confirmation that is sent to you when your order is finalized

We would not list and provide these terms so frequently if we didn't want customers to be aware of what they are signing up for - it is not our fault if you signed up for the trial but failed to read the terms and conditions.

So please do send me a private message and I will certainly due my best to research this account for you.

-Devin

• Mt
      23rd of Nov, 2009

I called and cancled my order. i paid for the trial period. I then called and cancled any further orders and still got billed once again. This is a horrible business. Never order anything from them!!!

23rd of Nov, 2009

Dear Mtex,

I'm sorry to hear abouty your experience - if your account was closed and you were still billed and shipped further orders then there is definitely an issue going on with your account that we need to resolve.

The best way to get this issue resolved would be to contact our customer service department - they can be reached at 866-221-8822 between the hours of 9AM and 9PM (EST), Monday to Friday. We do keep detailed records of every call we take, so we should be able to clarify this situation if you can take a few minutes to contact us.

• Be
      5th of Dec, 2009

I agree. I didn't like the product PhendexinXR after only three days of trying it. I was jittery and nausious and called to cancel the subscription. The customer service representative on the phone told me that I was not gving the prouct a good enough try and she could cancel my order, but I would be charged the full price of the bottle. She told me to call her back on the last day of the trial if I truely did not like the product and she would "see what she could do". I called and canceled the order and still got charged $79.90 and never recieved the next bottle anyway.
    I also was charged a finance charge because this eighty bucks was unavailable on my card and I overdrafted. Supreme Brands should pay me my $79.90 back and my finance charges as well. This company is bull and needs to respect their customers who do call in the timeframe to cancel and still get charged. The BBB will hear about this company if I can't get this resolved on Monday.

7th of Dec, 2009

Dear Beckel,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation - we would be happy to look into your account to see what happened.

Please contact our customer service department between 8AM and 7PM (CST) Monday through Friday so that you can speak to a representative regarding this issue. Or, you can send me a private message with your order information and I will be happy to take a look myself.