supportsigngrant reserch guide.com / charged debit card,and recieved nothing that i was told

1 Phoenixville, PA, United States Review updated:

I payed $2.95 to this free goverment grants for a packet that was supposed to be sent to me on12/4/08 and was supposed to have access to their website to resurch any grants I was eligable for.Me being a single mother and on dissability, I thought that I would be eligable for a grant no doubt.I was called twice and reassured that I would recieve what was promised.They gave me no company name or number to reach them at if any problems occured.Two weeks go by after they took their money out of my checking account I still have not heard or recieved anything from them, SO I called my bank to get their number, because if I didn't cancel I was gonna get charged again.So I get a hold of them and can cancel on phone, but I have to email to ask for a refund.
I think I'm intitled to this refund because I didn't get anything for my money that I payed them.So I hope my issues with this company and me telling my story will help someone else out.IT's a big scam and I hope they pay for it.I'm gonna go to local paper and talk to lawyer if this doesn't get resolved.

Ap

Comments

Cy
  18th of Feb, 2009

I would like to file a complaint against this federal grant agency. I was charged $2.95 for shipping and handeling to my debit card without my conscent. During the conversation with the representative I specifically told him that I did not want the information because of the fee which I was to be charged and the additional $58.00 that would be charged to my debit card should I not go on line to view the information and respond. My account was charged $2.95 plus an additional fee of $22.50 for over draft. I request that the total balance be refunded to my account A.S.A.P.. Had I known that I would be forced to view additional information online and be charged fees for a Federal Grant, I would not have contacted this agency in the first place. This is a scam!

Ge
  25th of Feb, 2009

I was charged $2.95 for information disc to be sent to my home never got them. Then I found another unauthorized charge on my bank card for $49.50. When I called I was given this address to mail my complaint to and the mailer demond fom my internet service said the mail was unable to be delevered. I am a single mother and cannot affiord this so i am putting in a complaint to my bank for the unauthorized debit charge. I donot know what will happen but I can afford to be scammed. At this point it seems to be a scam. I am not uasly taken by this stuff and one minute of stupidy will cost me because i will have over draft fees also when the my automated patments are taken out. Thanks for nothing.

Un
  5th of Mar, 2009

i'm trying to get a refund from this company (with no results) AS WELL AS EVERY ONE ELSE !!! i contaced my master card company and filled a stop payment to these scammers and they told me that they contacted the company and were told that i had gone beyond the recomended time for a refund. how did they get in contact with them and i can't so i guess i'm going to send all the information master card requested and see what happens dont bother trying to contact support@grantresearchguide.com it's a waste of time if any one has any luck with this problem please contact me at xdhunter@comcast.net thanks !!

Ka
  4th of May, 2009

I was told that I would recieve a Package in 7 to 10 days. And that I had 7 days to look it over before I would be billed any other charges. I have not recieved
anything from you. I was billed for something I have yet to recieve. This was not what I agreed to. please correct the error. I find that the whole thing is very misleading. I will be returning the package when I recieve it for a full refund.

Je
  20th of Jul, 2009

money was taken from my acct and was told i would get a email...as we were talking on the phone as to a special number to access website 4 days later still no email or spcial starter pkg in the mail jeannie meyers

Ni
  3rd of Aug, 2009

Some lady called my home from a www.grantreasechguide.com said she was sending me a guide to get grant money to go to school for $2.95 two weeks ago she never sent nothing and charged $49.00, $19.21, $.39, and$.15 to a credit card that belonged to my boyfriend when I called to get the money refunded back to my boyfriends account she told me it was norefundedable.She was extremely rude i asked to speak to a supervisor she said there was none and hung up on me.It needs to be dealt with.