supportsigndisasteraidkit / theft

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Scam involves a phishing program that snifs out websites such as banks that unbeknownst to the website has you fill out a survey about the website you are visiting and by doing so you will get a free gift. In my case I was logging on to my bank:National City online when a window popped up, and like a fool I ordered a disasterkit fot the price of shipping and handling $3.95 and a "nominal charge" of 1 dollar I will receive a disasterkit. Later I had an additional charge of $99.95 to my bank account. Rule of thumb here is to amp up ypur internet protection with anti-phishing software, adware/spyware to avoid getting pop up windows. Also, be aware that there is never something for nothing in this world, and if you remain suspicious, and never give out your creditcard/debitcard number online. My wife fell victim to a similar scam involving a website called "mygenevawatch.com" I wish there was an internet antiscam agency that would go after these companies. The only other option I know of is to report the scammers to the "Better Business Bereau" When you try to recover your money from these theives call [protected] and stay on the line if it is not busy. The line is answered and you will automatically put on hold to music, STAY on the line and someone will finally pick up. They will tell you that they will cancel your account but you will only be able to ask for a refund via e.mail only. I haven't had any luck with this so far but I will not give up! Good luck!

Aa

Comments

• Er
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Received disaster kit - only complaint is the bottom of flashlight is missing.

15th of Feb, 2010

I would appreciate it if you would cancel my account with you for the disasterkit i ordered for $4.99 and you charged me $99.95. I would like the money put back on my card or I will be contacting an attorney for false advertisement.