Supertech Icon Limited / Fraud and rip off!

1 India Review updated:

This is to inform you that me and my friend purchased two flats in Supertech Icon in June 06 as consumers intending to stay here after obtaining the possession of the property. However since the time we acquired the property, several false promises have been made by the builder:

1. We were issued letters wherein we were assured possession of the flat by Jul 07 and in the event of delay, penalty @ Rs. 5 per sq ft was promised. However since the property is still under construction when we approached the builder for recovery under the penal clause, we were told that these clauses do not have any significance. These are just to attract the buyers. It was told that a builder can easily get extension on legal grounds ie if a worker dies on the construction site, three months extension is awarded and if labor strike happens, further extension is given. We were told that this clause has no relevance and no consumer has been able to take advantage of this or claim penalty.

2. We were told that our flat is facing the main highway NH 24 Hapur Road, however it is on the back of the Phase I building and is surrounded all over by Janta flats/ LIGs, a fact that was never told to us till we visited the construction site.

3. The finishing shown to us in the sample flat are not true at all if we talk of our flat under construction. Further we were shown Italian marble flooring whereas the one being done for our flat is Vitrified tiles.

4. We were told that the rate per sq ft is 2500 till 30.06.06 after which wef 01.07.06 it would be 3000 per sq ft, however it is a false statement since the rate as on date is also 2500. Further the builder charged us the full cost of the flat aggregating to Rs. 30 lacs approx. at the time of booking and no interest on capital has been paid to us despite delayed possession.

Further we have visited the site personally many times and met the officials but nothing happened so far.
In view of the above false assertions we feel cheated. We advise everyone whoso invested or are intending to invest, don't go for this.

Comments

• Aw
      24th of Apr, 2008

I fully agree with you. They are simply playing with crores of easy money they got from public.

* A new floor has been added to Presidency heights now
    * Presidency Heights has been added with 2 more flats on each floor from bottom to top
    * Pinnacle height possession date changed from April'09 to Dec'09 immediately after 10% advance payment by customers
    * No declaration of carpet area on broucher/website/catalogue
    * No park

Supertech must be enjoying now and riding on property boom & hard earned public money, wait for 2-3 more years and it will be difficult for them to find buyers for their new projects.

24th of Apr, 2008

You are very true in what you said. I have faced same problem for my Kaushambi flat last year.

25th of Apr, 2008

These shady activities of SUPERTECH LTD will hamper their brand value, which in turn will affect their future projects. If the grim situation is not improved by them, no one will even spit on their offers of future projects.
    The property price boom has already entered into correction stage in NCR and from here prices will start to fall and so as the builder's margin.
    2-3 years wait to see Supertech's doom is too much, as said by 'awake customer'. A wait of 6-8 months will show results of their misdeeds. Public unrest is spreading like wildfire with the help of media/internet.
    With every passing day, more & more persons/companies are informed about about this malpractice to teach them a lesson. this is our hard earned money and we are going to relay loan for next 20 years, not a joke.

25th of Apr, 2008

Please reply through my mail id also to share more information about ICON project.
    My purpose is to realise Supertech, that this is high time for them to awake
    and
    safe guard my interest as I have already booked a flat there.

25th of Apr, 2008

There is a forum of ICON customer. Please tell me how to approach or be a part of that forum. Through the forum we can exchange email id and keep us updated about project's progress and wrongdoings too. thanks.

• Sh
      6th of May, 2008

I was shocked to know this. I hope that all members of the socity can unite and get Supertech to deliver flats on time.
    I am thinking of talking to my lawers and get their advice.

13th of May, 2008

Dear All Customers of ICON,
    I fully agree with Mr.Shailendra Singh's opinion of uniting all ICON customer to put pressure on company for not only possession date but also for quality of construction, fittings & fixtures etc. Mr.Shailendra, please publish your lawer's advice here to help us. Better if we also reply through mail option of this web site to keep us updated. My experience during 3-4 visits to the site for booking and payments are summarised below,

Synopsis:
    -> 2 new flats are added on each floor of Presidency Heights
    -> New top floor is added to same Presendency Heights, as a result only top floor flats are available now. Otherwise presidency heights was fully booked by mid of last year.
    -> Carpet area for Pinnacle Height 1000 sq.ft flat is ONLY 566sq.ft. You can calculate it from room dimention given on www.supertechlimited.com. Industry standard is 15-20% lesser from super builtup.
    -> Flats in Pinnacle Heights will be doubled by pasting pinnacle heights phase II to the existing tower thus doubling no. of flats.

Builders are doing these changes to get additional money thus trashing double population in the same land area. They think no one is watching them and GDA can be bribed to look otherway. I request all to please send mail to below id on weekly basis conveying your issues to realise supertech that they are being watched and people are raising voice & responding to their mischief .
    Below are the mail id of managers of Supertech/ industry affluents/consultancy firms/Supertech's overseas partners etc. Please send your complaints to press Supertech to honor their commitment:- supertechcontact@fourthdimensionsolutoins.com, mediaparadisefriends@gmail.com, saurav.verma@karvy.com, ashish@karvy.com, rakesh@karvy.com, info@realtyverticals.com, supertech@atoneplace.com, navneet@indiahousing.com, manojsri@supertechlimited.com, emeraldsupertechlimited.com, avantgarde@supertechlimited.com, czar@supertechlimited.com, varun@supertechlimited.com, feedback@supertechlimited.com, vikasvashistha@supertechlimited.com, garry@bhaura.com, jolly@apnahome.ca, savita.leekha@yahoo.com, nrilondon@supertechlimited.com, info@homes4nri.com, jagchima@londonresidentials.co.uk, contact@fourthdimensionsolutoins.com, mediaparadisefriendsgmail.com, saurav.verma@karvy.com, ashish@karvy.com, rakesh@karvy.com, info@realtyverticals.com, supertech@atoneplace.com, navneet@indiahousing.com, , feedback@supertechlimited.com, vikasvashistha@supertechlimited.com, garry@bhaura.com, jolly@apnahome.ca, savita.leekha@yahoo.com, nrilondon@supertechlimited.com, info@homes4nri.com, jagchima@londonresidentials.co.uk; Rahulsharma@supertechlimited.com, contact@eldecoproperties.com, mcpaid@indiamart.com, ahcl@ansals.com, sales@dskdl.com, contact@jaipuria-group.com, marketing@rahejabuilders.com, sales@rahejabuilders.com, valsala@dlfgroup.in, contact@shipraworld.com, customercare@gaursonsindia.com, info@mahagunindia.com, info@gmrgroup.co.in, info@crossings.in, info@panchshil.com, info@jmdgroup.in,

• Vs
      19th of Jul, 2008

Hello Fellow Investors/ Flat owners,

I personally visited SUPERTECH ICON today (July20th, 2008) and was completely surprised that all promises made at the time of booking were looking now of not materializing.

1. Work in Presidency tower is going very slow. People there have told us that money acquired is being siphoned off towards other projects. In hushed tones they are now talking of giving possession as early as only in Mar-Apr 2009 instead of earlier commitment of Sept. 2008. [Last visited in Feb2008 only structure was up and now after 5 months I was shocked to see that only plastering is going on till now and that too in snails speed.]

2. Since it is now evident that possession will be delayed, we talked of exercising the penalty clause, the letter for which was given to us at the time of booking. It was made clear to us that no one till date has got money through this clause even though some flat owners have come and fought/ argued for it. It now seems that it’s a trap just to lure customers without intention of fulfilling the committed penalty in case of delay.

3. The quality of construction as observed was not upto good standards. I have heard that people who have already started residing in other towers are complaining of poor construction and materials used. One of the confidant over there has suggested to get the money towards fixture and fittings refunded as they are of sub standard quality. It was learn't that Supertech was not doing this earlier but in light of pouring complaints they have now agreed to go for refund as an option.

4. Our flat which was supposed to overlook a swimming pool is now only giving view of jhuggi-johpri cluster and adjacent to it is water logged piece of area with waste thrown next to it. At the time of booking we were told that talks are in progression with these jhuggi-johpri owners to take the ownership of this adjacent land which Supertech will be able to materialize. Today we were briefed that talks have been inconclusive/ failed and we have live with that dreary/ poor view from the flat.

5. The Tower plan has been modified without any notification and they have added some more flats.

I have come back feeling miserable. I am paying hard earned money towards EMI and it seems its going down the drain and further I will not get my money’s worth. I am even feeling insecure to the extent to think if SUPERTECH will finally be able to generate funds to complete this project.

My long cherished dream of owning a flat is still far far away….courtesy SUPERTECH BUILDERS.

If there is forum for ICON customers then please do let me know how to join it. It might help to move together rather than pushing with individual efforts.

• Am
      1st of Aug, 2008

The rate of supertech icon 2br flat is around 29-30 lacks now,

• Ta
      10th of Aug, 2008

I fully agree, they are playing with people emotions and hard earned money. They should be hanged.

• Vi
      12th of Aug, 2008

Supuertech is wrost builder in the NCR...dont buy any flat...they are biggest cheater...

• Br
      13th of Aug, 2008

Friends,

I fully agree with you...I have also booked the flat in presidency tower...They were supposed to give possession by sept 2008 but now as seen the progress of the construction of flat, it is very difficult to say if we could get the by April 2008...

Can't we do any thing but to wait ...????????????????

Please suggest if anybody have any suggestion...

• Ku
      29th of Aug, 2008

hi Friends,
    i am little worried after reading all yr comments, i have taken a flat in Presedency heights this year in January on 5th Floor, i dont know if more flats are added after that or before.I am also sceptical that supertech will deliver its commitments & flat in December 2008 as committed.I am right now keeping my fingers crossed & hope they will not be as bad as mentioned above, still, i agree that we all should unite together & keep in touch & should take combined action in case of any Malpractice followed by them.

Yes, i forgot, at the time o booking, Mr. Rahul(Sales rep) commited me that they will give Woooden Almira work Free of Charge but later on he backed up & i m still fighting for the same.

Kunal Sood

• Ra
      3rd of Sep, 2008

It seems like the story of most of the people buying flat at Supertech Icon.

They have made false promises, delayed possession of Heritage heights by an year and refused blatantly to pay any penalty.

Their staff esp. the finance and even senior staff are dis-courteous and just money minded.

Quallity of the construction is inconsitent, wood-work they provide is made of very cheap wood and finishing is not upto mark.

I have had the same experience and we need to desperately form some forum to get this highlighted in media.

Does any such forum exist?

-Raj

• Go
      29th of Sep, 2008

True indeed, Presidency Heights is also delayed. Possession is not expected before March 2009, may even go as far as June-July 2009. Is there a forum where we can join, and probably go to the builders as one-voice ?

Till then, it is futile trying to visit the site and gather updates on the progress in construction.

Anyone ?

• Ra
      13th of Nov, 2008

Hey everyone,
    I haven't seen any post on this subject for over a month. I would like to know if someone was able to form a forum. If not, Lets get together on orkut and I will set up a forum if possible.
    A background on me ... I've bought a flat in Pinnacle few months ago and the builder gave me the pssession for Dec '09.
    Looking at what you all wrote, it seems rather unlikely.
    I will keep visiting this site for any new posts.

• Pr
      19th of Dec, 2008

Hi Friends,
    Its time now to awake and get united against all this fraud activities being followed by Supertech.
    Lets get togather and decide how we should proceed to get justice.

• Su
      31st of Dec, 2008

I also bought a flat at Presidency Heights. These guys are bid cheaters. When I bought it (oct 06), they said, it will have so much of open area, pool. But, now when I see its just buildings and nothings else. There's hardly any space for a pool!

They said possession would be in Dec'08. I went last week and they are saying it might go to June'09!
    They ll have the flat ready in March'09 but paking space will be ready only by June. They do not want to discuss on the penalty clause now.

I am in for any activity that all of u plan to do.

• Da
      28th of Jan, 2009

Guys,
    Thanks for the Feed back u gave of Supertech .You saved me from potential trap.Supertech is coming up with a new project in NOIDA sector 93A named Ceyone Tower.Please inform as much people as u can.
    Please try to save the people in India .

• Vi
      30th of Apr, 2009

Ya . very true about Supertech . If you people have form any forum & the ways of protesting . Kindly let me know the contacts etc.