SuperPages.com / Fake traffic to my website

1 P. O. Box 619810DFW Airport, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-347-1707

I recently singed up for an internet ad with superpage.com because at the time the sales rep contacted me I could see in Google Analytics that my website was getting a lot of traffic from superpages.com. After signing up I continued to get a lot of traffic for the 14 day trial period. After the trial period ended my traffic dropped to nothing. I called and tried to cancel but they told me I could not so I made changes to my ad so it would be "robust". I continue to get no traffic 3 months out and have tried 5 times to cancel without luck.
I now feel that I was set up. That the sales rep was my only traffic. That he was generating fake referrals from superpages so he could sell me the ad. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anywhere I can go to do more research on this?

Any info that anyone has on this would be very helpful.
Aaron

Aa

Comments

• Ro
      19th of Aug, 2008

This is 100% accurate. We tracked over $800.00 in clicks to our site. The average time spent on our site was less than 1 second. It is fraudulent traffic for sure.

We called and canceled the PPC campaign and they still ran our ads for another 30 days and refused to refund our money.

They claimed we did not call although they do have records of our emails. But their response to our email was that their response to our email stated that we had to call them. I am not sure how legal that argument is, but that is the argument that they use. So email communications with Superpages apparently mean absolutely nothing.

Somebody needs to put together a class action law suit agains idearc and superpages. The real issue is most likely their loose agreements to distribute the ads with their partner sites.

I am on the phone with SuperPages.com right now. I got transferred 4 times trying to get a credit and now I am canceling our listing.
    The operator is not able to send me an email confirming the cancellation. All that he can do is provide a confirmation number.
    This is beautiful how they have a no record process set up. They do not record anything against your company name or account id.
    I guess it is your responsibility to record the call and record the conversation as to what is said and what is done.

2008 and SuperPages customer representative cannot send out an email!!! How is that for top notch customer service!!!

Unreal. Save your money and go to google and yahoo keyword advertising.

SuperPages is a fraudulent company with respect to PPC.

• Je
      29th of Sep, 2008

We signed up for a basic StupidPages.com ad a few years ago and didn't have any problems. Upgraded to a "Starter Pack" ($55 month) in Sept. '07--didn't see any identifiable benefit for the added $35 month.
    April '08 the rep talked us into a pay-per-click program with a $200 month cap. Two months later our bill went from $55 (Jan-May '08) to $98 (June) to $182 (July). I called the rep to find out why it kept doubling and got some stupid song and dance from, him. He did make some changes and the bill went down to $121 (Aug) and $117 (Sept). He tried to tell me that we were getting a lot of clicks to our site resulting in lot of new business. He also tried to tell me that we get more calls from our phone book ad then from the internet and that the majority our internet leads have come from their site and not from the other free sites we are listed with! He can PROVE that! I keep REALLY good records and he is full of crap! Our web guru who is optimizing and tweaking our website said we are duplicating our efforts and this ad campaign is a waste of our money. We've called the IDEARC rep at least 3 times to either back this campaign off or cancel it. He is a fast talker and a bully and VERY hard to understand. The last time I talked to him I finally said "Since the book will be going to print soon, back that off to a single bold line ad . I can still change the internet ad any time I want in the future, right?" He said "yes, that is correct" so I confirmed the changes to the phone book ad and planned to call back later about the internet ad. Well, it is now 2-3 weeks later and we called to cancel the P-P-C campaign. They are saying we can't cancel because it has been longer then 14 days and that I confirmed via voice authorization. They want to meet with us to discuss the campaign and see if there is anyway to make it work better. This sounds a lot like the YellowPages.com scam to me! I WILL NOT GIVE UP WITHOUT A FIGHT!!! AAAHHH!!!

• Pr
      7th of Oct, 2008

contact the BBB and state attorney general,

• Ml
      1st of Jul, 2009

Totally agree, this is a BIG SCAM. We are dealing with exactly the same situation here, although we ASKED to cancel the listing 2 days after signing and they ignored our cancellation. Since we track all our incoming clicks to our server from the referrer URL, we found that visits from our listings were ALL fake.

The IDEARC sales representative told me (His name is Erik deChattonayree, avoid that ###, he's totally a liar), we were getting clicks from "affiliate" websites, which happened to be automated clicks from several shady sites with domains like "truelocallistingz.com" and other zombie websites, who happened to be ALL hosted at the same IP address, and their registration is hidden behind an anonymous proxy.

Anyway, this was just the beginning of the nightmare. They didn't cancel the listing, and sent us bills for $375, which obviously we're not going to pay. We already reported this to the Attorney General in Washington State (the sales representative is located in Seattle). I talked to an IDEARC media executive, but they ignored me. So, this company might be bankrupt now, but oh boy they know how to do scams!

DON'T SIGN FOR ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY. It is like selling your soul to the devil, but these guys are more evil.

• Id
      9th of Jul, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Re
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with superpages.com. I was on online and found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike he sign up for a ebillboard and he happy that he has a ebillboard. He said that you can edit when you want and change the look on you have on your ebillboard. You don't have to call someone to change it for you. You control the webpage your self. I hope this helps you out.