Supercuts / rude and threatening!

3116 Delaware AvenueKenmore, NY, United States Review updated:
2.5

My husband, 5 year old daughter and myself arrived at 2pm to a waiting room with one person and one person in each chair. Before we were even in the door, we were told "Sorry, we can't take any more. We're closed." The door was open, the "Open" light on in the window. I asked the manager, Nila, if they were closed at 3pm, why were they turning away customers now? She became very rude and belligerent and told me that the people currently in the salon had called first, so she was willing to take them before 3. Her assistant, Duane, piped up that he had "somewhere to be at 3:00." I asked them why their after-work plans were affecting my day? As a consumer, if a business is open until 3pm, they should be open until 3pm. Even if you are in a grocery store that is closing in 10 minutes, you get the courtesy of concluding your business before being asked to leave at closing time. Nila started yelling in front of other customers and putting her finger in my face at which point I said "Don't you talk over me, I'm the customer!" She called the police, saying that I was threatening her. Imagine my horror in front of my 5 year old daughter as we tried to leave and were confronted with my possible arrest over trying to get haircuts for my family. The police officer saw the fiasco for what it was and told me that I was free to go, but I am absolutely mortified that I have been humiliated like this. I am a 5'2", 180# mother there with her family! Is she kidding? I will never, ever, ever step foot into a Supercuts again. Their lower prices are by no means offset by the horrible business practices and disregard for their customers.
Va

Comments

Kr
  4th of Feb, 2008
The policy at supercuts is to take people p to closing time, if they closed at three they should take you up till three,( courtesy from a client would be no walking in within minuetes of closing of course) The better thin for you to do rather than starting confrontation in salon would be to call the corporation and let them know what store is not following policy, supercuts can only fix the problem if they know about it. Sorry about your bad expirience.
Da
  4th of Feb, 2008
Wow. You must have never worked in any kind of service industry where you would have had to deal with people like you.

What is the problem? You cut it too close to the closing time. They are allowed to turn away anybody--and judging by the fact that you got the cops called on you, you probably weren't a little princess. Good job showing your kid how mommy should act in public.
Gi
  31st of Jul, 2008
I sure know first hand what Kr went through.I had the same thing happen to me by the incompetant and insulting hairdresser who did not like the fact that i told him he did not know what he was doing.I got something different and horrible and it was two different styles on each side and scalped.He just kept cutting away and pretended to not hear me or even bother to look at the photo in the style book I showed him that was in the store.He was more interested in speaking to someone on his personal cell phone.My hair will grow in a year and a half to what it once was...I followed through to the 888-888-9998 # and they will call the area supervisor. These unhappy hairdressers who treat others in this fashion are the "them against the clients" kind who feed on each other...The one thing to do is pass the word and never go back.When they hire people they need more attitude training and should be watched after a complaint is made and /or fired.
Mi
  20th of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm a hair stylist for Supercuts, and quite frankly it really irritates me when I have to stay longer after the shift is over. We are there to serve you but be considerate, we do have a life people!!!
Su
  7th of Oct, 2015
I am a Stylist at a SuperCuts and it is policy to take guests up until closing time. EXAMPLE: We open at 9 and close at 8pm. If we have a guests come in the door at 7:59 we will absolutely take you still! WE have no idea what your day consisted of and maybe this was most needed thing. For a stylist to huff and puff and complain and make the guest feel uncomfortable for simply wanting our help is sad and pathetic. This isnt a Mcdonalds where you put on a uniform and play a role, Our attitude and talent is our uniform which is something you cant take off. You either are a Stylist or your not its honestly as simple as that.

Supercuts Logo Supercuts