Supercuts / supercuts

1 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have read many complaints about Supercuts, well, I have seen people respond to them by "I am a stylist there and its super awesome OMG"
When I worked at supercuts for six plus years, I saw so many talented and not so talented stylists go through the revolving door of employment, that one could easily fill a stadium with angry stylists.
I could write a book about my complaints about supercuts but I will stick to the most pressing.
Supercuts when they hire you make you go though a training proccess called HSA, I ve seen alot of people say they saw people not get passed, but quite frankly I saw my regional supervisor pass girls because they were pretty. HSA is a enviromental disastor for a company that claims to care. Each stylist goes through at least three manequin hair heads, and those get thrown in the trash when done. Also they make each of there stylists go through recertification yearly, again the same three heads for how many stylists?
Supercuts doesnt want you to have a bond with the stylists. thats why you see so many good hairdressers get fired for crazy reasons. They dont want you to follow the stylist when they leave.
But that doesnt ever stop the managers from handing out their cards on the sly.
They hire girls that are not even done hairdressing school based on their atractiveness, I heard area supervisor June armstrong say that one girl was so pretty that the dumb men would run to get their hair cut by her.
Anyone unlucky enough to get their hair cut by her, were not amazed by her beauty, I saw people storm out.
If this girl worked friday night, sure enough saturday morning would have a room full of re-do's.
I would say take a job there if you like working in a enviroment that wants you to be brainless zombies. and heaven forbid if you ever talk about anything besides their product. They have something called "superpick" which must be whatever dusty old product they have funking around the regis warehouse, it is your job to try to sell superpick to everyone, example one weeks it was a silicone based thick gel. tell me what a old lady who gets her hair washed and set is going to do with a thick gel? I actualy got written up for selling that lady hairspray instead!
and the write ups are another fun thing! they like to write up every thing they do so they can use it against you when they decide to axe you. They tried in my area to "review" a girl weekly till they bullied her into quiting.

If you like being bullied and overworked then supercuts is for you!
I wake up everyday and am I happy I dont have to work there anymore.

Supercuts

Comments

• Pi
      25th of Nov, 2012

I agree 100000% i presently work at Supercuts for 8 months now and loved my job until the newest manager got promoted from stylist. Never b4 her written up once but funny in the past 5 weeks written up 3x...just plain wrong..some people have no conscious...4 of them in click..i know I'm being bullied into quitting...i just pray i can handle this until i get blessed with new job.

• Pi
      25th of Nov, 2012

Ooh and by the way this is the Supercuts in Bristol CT BOTH you do not ever want to work for!

• Co
      4th of Jul, 2014

Supercuts is a sweat shop, they should be reported for harassing and threatening their employees. They are bullies.