Super Acai / unauthorized charges

1 Review updated:

I received a call from World Financial Nat.Bank Fraud Dept. two unauthorized charges 0n my credit card one for $34.00and one for $4.00 from DRI Reg net ord. Please look into this matter soon and remove these charges. Thank you John E>Palmatier

Comments

Jan 20, 2009

I need to know how to go about putting a complaint against Super Acai [protected] and Gen E X Diet [protected]. I paid shippping and handling for a free 30 day trial at the beginning of January. I received the product and on Jan 17th, they took $148 out of my bank account. I am very upset over this and can assure you that I will never order anything from the internet again. But I need some help with this? You have my email so please email me and let me know what other people have done about this.

• Ii
      Jan 22, 2009

We had a very similar situation although it was for $70, not $148. they tried to charge us before and the bank fraud dept caught it and called us - we were able to decline the transaction, however this last one got through. We are now trying to show burden of proof to our bank's fraud department that we didn't authorize the transaction. since they tried twice, we're now cancelling this card and ordering a new one.

I think the advice to everyone out there is DO NOT TRIAL SUPER ACAI SUPPLEMENT! they'll get your card for shipping the free trial, and then start charging you at will.

• Ro
      Jan 26, 2009

i strongely agree. i did the free trial paid the shipping then next thing i know is there is a new bottle in my mailbox and they took the money right out of my checking account it was $70. i sent the bottle right ack to them. how do i go about geting my money back.

Jan 26, 2009

My credit card company called to alert me of this suspicious charge, must have been receiving many such charges from customers!

I asked for phone number associated with charge for ACAI berry and Bromolite. Called both companies and canceled. BE SURE TO GET account/order numbers and cancellation numbers so your credit card company can dispute and request refund of payment if necessary.

Otherwise, contact credit card company to be issued a new card. Major pain ... as all other accounts with auto debit will need to be notified of new number...

BTW, I told nice phone person that he aught to be ashamed working for such a disreputable company... People/companies are becoming more desperate to make an illegal buck now that Bush has ruined the US economy! Obama can't do it all, we need to be aware and fight back ourselves!

• Kr
      Jan 26, 2009

Everything on this page is exactly correct! I am proof of their unscrupelious practices at the tune of $69.95. Do not send away for a sample of ACAI Supreme or ACAI berry anthing. DONT send away for a sample of Nutri-Brite either...you'll end up loosing $95.00 out of your account, with NO PHONE number or contact number. I have had to file fraud charges with my bank, and I will continue until they get the message...THIS IS FRAUD!

• Li
      Nov 26, 2010

I am the same i orderd the pre trial only to look on my online banking at the end of the month to see 2 payments of 75.00 i rang them and they are only prepared to refund me 1 payment. They are saying its in the small print after 14 days that they take the full asking price. Its weeks to xmas i am a single mum and i am down 150.00 i dont no what way to turn! Surely there must be help out thre for people le myself?

• Kp
      Dec 09, 2010

My mum has just been scammed by www.superacai.co.uk. She has been charged one paymet of £75.00 and one payment of £79.95 without her knowledge. Does anyone know how this can be resolved? Super Acai have advised that this was in their terms and conditions but this was not made clear when she was ordering the tablets. My mum is not in a position to have over £150 go out of her bank especially so close to christmas!!! So angry

• Di
      Dec 13, 2010

They have done it to me as well, I don't know where to go with this. They took two lots of £80 within one month and I have only just discovered this. I will be speaking to my bank to see what we can do.

Dec 16, 2010

yes ive just been conned out of £75.00 done all that i was asked but couldent get through to company on phone so emailed them . To no avail still charged tried credit card company barclaycard they cant help so in desparation have cancelled my card. I cant afford this, feel very stupid to have been conned . DONT TRY ACAI OR HOODIA its a con ! 16 december very dissapointed jan

Dec 16, 2010

I have been conned out £235. I went for the trial at £4.95. There was nothing to indicate that there would be further charges. It is only now after checking my bank statements over the last three months that I discover what has been going on. Ther terms and conditions section is now on the bottom of their advert. This was NOT so when I fell into the trap. I would NEVER have accepted the trial if I had known what is now in the small print. I have contacted my bank and their fraud department is looking into this. I have also contacted Watchdog hoping the publicity will stop others from getting conned. Geoff Alderson. York

• Co
      Dec 29, 2010

Fully agree with the above. I have just discovered that I an down by £154.95. I have cancelled my card to prevent any further payments and spoken to my bank, who advise me to put in a VISA Dispute Form so they can investigate. However, they don't hold out much hope of gettng my money back.
    I also phoned the 0800 number and was cut off as I started speaking. I have emailed as per the Terms and Conditions (which did not exist on the website when I did the original request for the trial) and cancelled the account so lets see if they take any notice of that!!
    THM

• Zo
      Jan 04, 2011

This has just happened to me I only went online to double check my bank balance and notice that they had charged me £75 for my order!
    I saw nothing about this when i ordered the bottles and also the order form that i received after my initial trial order at £2.49. Also it is only right at the very bottom of the page that they explain this and not even very clearly.
    The amount of money they must make by conning & deceiving innocent people is disgusting, many people I am sure that like me will just have read the top part with the form & a few of the reveiws.
    The fact they dont send renewal notices/emails saying your trial is almost over etc... before is practically fraud people wouldnt stand for it if it was car insurance of even a phone bill I have rang today and cancelled my direct debit with them but i am now £75 out of pocket

• As
      Jan 06, 2011

I ordered this " free trial " for my wife just after Xmas and should have suspected a scam because of the low cost. I am normally very alert to scams but these lot are very clever indeed. Anyway received these items today, approx 1 week after despatch so trial already underway. My wife was very excited and wanted to try them from tomorrow, but then my suspicious nature took over and I decided to thoroughly research product including side effects and came across this complaints site. Fortunately had not even opened the bottles so looked up their terms and conditions which were pretty onerous and totally biased against the consumer. Phoned the 0800 number and after a ten minute wait got through-- woman at the other end sounded either American or Canadian and tried her best to get me to continue with trial. When it became obvious I was not prepared to budge, reluctantly gave me a RMA no: to return package via Royal Mail to address in Guildford. To be on the safe side I have also e-mailed them confirming cancellation and will keep a close eye on my credit card statements. Thanks to all for exposing this sham. There are probably benefits to the products but no-one should be subject to such con tricks.

AS Surrey

• Aj
      Jan 06, 2011

I ordered their "free trial" products a few days ago, and got them quite quick.It was only today that i checked my bank statement and noticed the £2.49 charge.Out of instinct, I started researching through the internet and thats how i came across this website .I'm worried as I can't afford to pay £70 for this, so before this goes any further I've contacted my bank and had my card blocked.I'm not sure if this will be enough to stop them taking any further payments and/or if I now have to return their bottles.Hopefully this will be the end of it.
    A.J.

Jan 07, 2011

I too ordered these, I have not even recived the berries, and they took £75 out of my bank without me authorizing this and also set up a standing order to take more money out, Im disgusted, how can people rip of human beings like that. I have tried contacting them by phone and e-mails, no reply and phone just picking up saying you are in a queque please wait-last for hours. I contacted watchdog and trading standards and told them, but theres not alot they can do as I gave them my bank details for the £2.99 postage. This is fraud how can we stop it???

• Br
      Jan 14, 2011

I have had £141 taken out of my bank within 2 weeks. £66.60 before recieving all pills (which i dare not take because I now KNOW they are a con) Bank not helpfull until I threatened to swap my account to another bank. Fraud squad have taken it on. DONOT ORDER FREE TRIAL, YOU CANNOT CANCEL EASILY THEY DON'T ANSWER PHONE. YOU CANNOT E MAIL THEY BOUNCE BACK. I AM ANGRY WITH MYSELF FOR FALLING FOR IT BUT I WILL FIGHT. Worried about those poor people who don't have the ability to fight this, IT IS WRONG.

• Br
      Jan 14, 2011

I wrote above complaint and re read page. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE THERE IS A LINK TO ONE OF THE SITES THAT RIPS PEOPLE OFF!!! WHAT IS GOING ON? THIS IS A MAJOR CON . PEOPLE ARE LOOSING HUNDREDS OF POUNDS IN MONEY NOT WEIGHT.

• Su

Hi,

Just got caught out on this, I'm more concerned by the british bankings attitude to their customers. Assuming this is not moderated (the posts) I'm putting my email addy on here for people to email me, i'd like to know what problems people are having with the banks to sort this (Superacai) problem out, I cant take on all your queiries. But I'm going to sort this out for me, so can let you know how to do it.

Email address superacai at mynamepaul n mynamejulia dot co dot uk
    ok u need to take out the gaps and myname and work out the at and dot for yourself.

Lets get the show on the road.

Jan 16, 2011

Super Acai scam (and the Hoodia stuff) - dude behind this scam he is in Florida and the company is called Skyway Media aka Csu8.com

Ray Quimby is another name linked to that address.

The domain of Csu8.com expires in 2 days (18 Jan) so expect these crooks to do a runner)

Best bet is if folks report this scam to the Florida Attorney General - you can do that online at:

Florida Attorney General already busted some other Acai scams, man what is it with Florida and Acai scams?! They should feed all these damn scammers to the swamp alligators. Anyway if the Florida AG get enough complaints about Super acai scams then maybe they will take action against em. Might as well file a complaint with the FTC too: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Jan 17, 2011

lives in England not USA, but Skyway Media Inc is also his company so report to Florida AG and FTC.

Damn swamp dwelling scammers.

• So
      Jan 17, 2011

I was very much aware that the responsibility is on me- the consumer, to cancel within 14 days the 'trial period'
    so I would then not be further charged a colossal amount for this product.

I have emailed your company TWICE to confirm I wish to cancel my obligation to this product and your company,
    and therefore forfeit any transactions in the future.
    Being hot on anything that sounds too good to be true- I made sure i read several times through the small print so i wouldn't be caught on
    like many people I've seen on the internet with a £75 charge!
    However, i have just this evening come across some rather alarming information in the 'terms and conditions' within your website,
    that- I am absolutely sure, were NOT there until very recently...
    It now states that IF I the consumer do not wish to commit to buying this product, then i need to let your company know,
    get a return's order, send it back to you, AND pay for the costs, AND send back a certain amount of the 'FREE trial tablets' all within 21 days!!???

I am know very concerned that I have been double crossed, and will in-fact will be what i believe to be illegally charged for a product i do not want, and have made very
    clear on 2 occasions that i do not want.

I have tried phoning 3 times this evening, each time being put on hold for several minutes with an ongoing message being played that is enough to turn anyone barmy and
    hang up the phone in despair!
    But alas- I held on, only to be cut off each time!

Now, where I stand.
    I have cancelled my card this evening so your company will NOT be able to take any more money from me.
    In doing this, I hope to have protected myself from being ripped off, and count myself very lucky that I realised before other's
    who only knew once the money had been taken.
    In doing this though, creates a huge amount of upheaval for myself, as i know have to change my account details' with all my bills/ direct debits, etc, so-
    thankyou very much.

I also want to let your company know that I am in fact a Creative Editor and writer for a young people's magazine in Devon, England.
    I had actually purchased your product to 'test the hype' myself, and write a diary so by the end of the month's trial- I had an article to put forward
    for our 'Spring edition' that would inform young women in particular a healthy alternative to 'starving themselves' after the New Year...
    It was supposed to be an article, (that after much research on my part and noting how positive its been for many young women), a positive one;
    with the belief on my part that I had sourced a product from a legit website and company.
    However, I feel very let down, and will now be writing an article that warn's young people of possible Internet scams.
    Also, just to let you know, the magazine I work on has a circular of 5, 000 and goes to local government agencies/ youth centres...

I hope to actually get a response and receive a 'return merchandise authorisation' letter as soon as possible.

Thankyou,

Jan 19, 2011

"I received my package today- exactly 21 days after i ordered these products- fancy that!"
    That is indeed part of the scam - the 14 day "trial" starts on the day you order!!

I found some more informations on this scam at the following website link - I hope it will be useful for your article and thank you for warning people about these scams!

• Mr
      Jan 20, 2011

You are all being silly and unfair. It is obviously a marketing idea, but it says very clearly on the web site that you will be automatically enrolled in their monthly shipping service for another bottle UNLESS YOU TELL THEM YOU DON'T WANT TO. Always read small print people! You don't have to cancel credit cards, just phone the nice people before the 14 days is up and ask to cancel any more bottles. If they send you another product they are entitled to charge you for it. I have just phoned them myself (2 days in to make sure) and they didn't even ask for a reason. They did make me pay for the bottle I'm keeping, but at only £27.50. You don't get anything for free. (except God's love)

• Ap
      Jan 20, 2011

I have just ordered this product it came this morning.When i ordered them it did say, QUITE CLEARLY on the website that i had 14 days to cancel otherwise two payments of £37.50 will be taken out of my bank.I have immediately sent an email to the company requesting that my subscription be cancelled.Hopefully this will be done and i have kept a copy incase of any future problems.
    I have only just come across this site now and seen all the comments so iam guessing that the tablets dont work then?
    Anything that looks too good to be true often is.

• Ap
      Jan 20, 2011

This is in reply to a post by Mrs Cole on 20/01/2011. Mrs Cole, why should you pay for the trial bottle?It is advertised as a free trial you just pay the shipping.But because you have cancelled your trial you shouldn't be made to pay for the trial bottle.I ordered mine yesterday and it came today and i have sent an email to them today asking for my subscription to be cancelled as i am not willing to pay extra money for a product, unless i know it works..
    So i also knew about the 14 day thing, that's why i cancelled so promptly.

Jan 21, 2011

"only £27.50"! [censor] me, how generous of them! Hardly a free trial then is it!? Anyway you can buy this acai and hoodia [censor] on iherb.com or amazon for like ten quid or less. "only £27.50" - what a [censor]ing rip-off!

• Yl
      Jan 22, 2011

A while back I gave them my email address for a free trial. When I was asked for my credit card, I decided that this might be trouble. So I didn't proceed. You'd think that's the end of that.

I immediately got tons of spam/junk email and it took me a while deleting and marking each one as junk. Either they sell your email addresses or they're part of a bigger group of questionable online advertising.

• Pe
      Jan 28, 2011

I have been scammed by these people too! I'm so annoyed woth myself as I'm normally so cautious but think I had a funny 5min! Plus it was a link through a website I trusted!

I read the terms and conditions thoroughly and did everything I was meant to do within the alloted time to cancel the product. despite this I continually get e-mails telling me that they have a right to charge me and that I should have cancelled etc etc. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell them that I did in fact do this (I even attached their e-mail thread record as proof) and they STILL ignore me and keep telling me over and over that I did not abide by the terms and conditions.

My only saving grace is that minutes after ordering I had to cancel my card due to a fraudulent charge. Hmmmm I wonder who made that charge...? To add insult to injury they are now trying to bill me becasue my card was declined when they tried to charge me for a product that I cancelled! To add further insult to injury I have not received any product!!!

I have now e-mailed them and told them not to bill me anything further and not to contact me again. I have threatened legal action if they do. It makes my blood boil! I read a comment on here from someone who very helpfully suggested that we are all being silly and that we should have read the terms and conditions. All I can say to that person is we are not 'silly' and we did read the T+C's but this company is corrrupt!

Rant over. Best of luck to the rest of you and keep us posted!!

• Jp
      Jan 31, 2011

SCAM WARNING
    I oredered the free trial on 20/01/2011. The alleged 'free' trial arrived today, 31/01/11. I am aware of the 14 day cancellation period but I now only have 3 days in which to return the product to them, as the 14 days starts on the day I oredered. I have phoned them and sent them an e-mail telling them to cancel any further subscriptions and not charge me any more money.
    They told me on the phone that I will still have to pay £37.50 for the "free" trial bottle. WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE.
    These people are fraudsters...DO NOT ORDER THE "FREE TRIAL"...It is not free!!!
    I have cancelled my credit card so that they cannot take any further payments from it as I am close to my credit limit. What a pain in the butt.
    THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM.!!!

• Jp
      Jan 31, 2011
    Super Acai - Free Trial Scam
    ??
    England, Cheshire
    United Kingdom

I oredered a "free 30 day trial" of super acai and pure hoodia on 20/01/11, I received the "free" trial bottles today 31/1/11. However because I do not want to continue with the subscription after the trial, I called them to cancel.
    They said this is ok, and I wont be sent any more of their product and wont be charged th £75.00 monthly fee.
    Great I thought, until they told me that I now have to pay £37.50 for my "free trial bottles".
    How can they advertise something as a free no obligation trial, with the option to cancel if i'm not satisfied, and then charge me £37.50 for the free trial.
    If I send the products back to them, at my own expense, They will not charge me anything. However, they have to be returned within 14 days of the original order. Since I received them 11 days after the order, I now do not have enough time to send them back...what a joke. Even if I did have enough time and did send the stuff back, at my own expense, This rather defeats the object of a free trial, which isnt free, because the only way to get it for free is by returing the products to them, at your own expense!! THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM and they should not be allowed to get away with it.
    They are advertising a free trial and then charging you for it!!

• To
      Feb 02, 2011

You could have returned the product and not been billed, you were given the option to keep them and just pay half price. the first half of the product is free. but if you want to keep the whole 30 day supply your billed for it.. had you spent half as much time reading the terms of the trial as you did here complaining about it. It would not have been an issue.

• To
      Feb 02, 2011

it also states in the terms here is a Quote "The 14-day trial period starts the same day of purchase. We do not guarantee arrival dates or times. However, you should contact customer service immediately if you do not receive your product within 7 days after order is placed so that we can adjust your trial period to ensure you have enough time to try the product."

Feb 03, 2011

Under UK distance selling regulations you have 7 working days from receiving it to return anything bought online and get a refund for all costs including any delivery charges.

So if they send you anything return it to them (recorded delivery) with a note requesting a refund of all charges including postage charged by them. If they do not refund you they are breaking the law.

Feb 03, 2011

I think you Tom65 must be working for Super Acai? I completely agree with J Pemberton, this company needs to be exposed for their scam. Ive just spoken to a certain [censor] at Super acai called Kenneth; this is hard sell, the customer is always wrong, you didn't read the small print...what happened to customer satisfaction? It's confusing and using a hook of a few quid in the beginning to be then walloped with £75 a month later. Even you Tom65 can see that this is devious misrepresentation

Feb 03, 2011

yes I agree with many of the comments here about being mislead (I'm £75 worse off) and on top of that speaking to a very rude man called Kenneth at Super acai, trained well in proving the customer to be wrong. This is hard sell at its most cynical, deceptive, fraudelent, and the public needs to be made aware of being ripped off.

Feb 03, 2011

Like many others I have fallen for these rogues and have been duped £75 off my UK credit card. Kenneth, God forbid you should speak to him at Super Acai, one of the well trained telesales staff is cynically ripping people off with his sales talk and trying to prove that the customer is wrong. I have cancelled my credit card just in case they come up with another reason to debit it. Best thing is to leave them alone rather than trying to get money back - unless anyone can vouch that they keep their word in terms of re-imbursing funds?

Feb 25, 2011

I am delighted to share with others my successfull refund from Visa (UK) re being ripped off by Super Acai to the tune of £150.00 in 2 unauthorized payments from my credit card.
    Keep all emails and records of correspondence with the Acai sales staff, cancel your credit card immediately. Contact Visa Credit card fraud. Visa fraud told me that Acai has a myriad of networks to whom they pass on your credit card details the moment you want to end with them; this is why you suddenly see yet another unauthorized payment on your card. Acai is well known to them and I guess I am one of the lucky ones that because I kept a record of phone calls, etc, Visa reimbursed me. Hope it works for you too, don't let these thieves rip you off!

• Gr
      Mar 26, 2011
    Super Acai - Free Trial Scam
    super acai
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@superacai.co.uk

£79.19 was taken out of my account on 24th march, unknown to me...normally it would be £3.15 a month.how can they get away
    way with this???never again will i buy anything on internet again.

• Am
      Apr 15, 2011

I also got scammed by this company, the advert clearly stated 30 day free trial but after 14 days I've been charged £110. I could understand if I gt charged after the 30 days they advertised. That is £110 that i do not have to throw away like that. I hate that they can take money out of your bank account like that It's crafty and dispicable, it needs to be stated on the main site that you will be charged after 14 days and exactly how much!!
    Also the pills where useless and I am a truely disgruntled, unhappy customer and i think that Super Acai should be closed down for the way they have stolen from so many.

Apr 16, 2011

Of course they should be closed down ages ago but they spin a complex web known by visa. Keep all emails, phone calls, correspondence and report to your credit card. They are known scammers and Nationwide (my credit card) reimbursed me fully. Try yours. I got the last laugh Kenneth you [censor]****!